Was the "WOLF" better than Mr. Black?

Started by zackpred12, Aug 21, 2011, 10:30:29 PM

Author
Was the "WOLF" better than Mr. Black? (Read 16,213 times)

Peakius Baragonius

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 23, 2011, 06:55:58 AM
The problem with calling Wolf a badass is that his "Badassness" was all based on a lie. The aliens in AVPR were portrayed as small, weak, pathetic bugs and not the 8 foot tall killing machines that they should have been. Everything Wolf did in AVPR is null and void. The aliens couldn't even get out of the grip of his hand, and it wasn't because he was badass it was because the aliens were piss weak.

Black on the other hand had to deal with real threats. I find it funny that a prisoner with a shiv did more damage to a predator than a whole town of "Aliens" ever could in AVPR.

I would say that in a close range fight, Berserker might dominate Wolf (barely), but in the end all it would take would be one blow of the shuriken or whip (the only weapons Wolf showed real skill with) to take him down. And while both of these Predators share the worst aim in the history of the franchise, Wolf's moving-target hit ratio was higher than Berserker's, and the double plasma cannons would likely pose quite a threat. So in the end, I'd say Wolf has the advantage, down mainly to his expanded gear.

Here's a sample from the Predator suckability chart:

Wolf
Experience: 4
Aim: 3
Hand to Hand Combat: 3
Awareness: 3
Brute Strength: 3.5
Quick-Thinking: 3
Strategy: 3
No. Weapons: 8
Wise Use of Weapons: 3.5
Skilled With: Double Plasma Caster (1), Plasma Pistol (0.5), Shurikens, Whip, Laser Mines (4.5)
--
Stupidity: 4.5
Near Suicidal Cockiness: 5

Total: 29

Berserker
Experience: 2
Aim: 1.5
Hand to Hand Combat: 4
Brute Strength: 5
Awareness: 2
Quick-Thinking: 1
Strategy: 2
No. Weapons: 2
Wise Use of Weapons: 2
Skilled With: Arm Blade (1)
--
Stupidity: 3.5
Near Suicidal Cockiness: 3

Total: 16

Terx2

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 30, 2011, 01:25:45 AM
Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Nov 24, 2011, 07:38:26 PM
Not true, an Alien did knock him over some railing thing and got his abdomen impaled on a spike.

That wasn't what I meant by direct damage. He gave him a little shove and gravity and a conveniently placed spike did the rest. An alien never landed a single blow on him, not a claw, not a tail swipe, not even a drop of acid blood even though it was flying everywhere.

An alien did knock him down an elevator shaft smashing through the door.

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Nov 30, 2011, 04:46:25 PM
Urghh, that reminds me when Wolf had two Aliens by the throats, they didn't even attempt to headbite him. Just continued being crap.

They did? I remember they were headbiting but Wolf kept moving his head dodging there tongues until he tried to shoot them with his plasma casters.

Master Chief

The failed head bites weren't the problem in that scene.  The aliens forgot they had arms, legs, and a tail to break free.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Terx2 on Dec 09, 2011, 05:40:51 AM
until he tried to shoot them with his plasma casters.
Ah yeah, because let's remember people, Wolf thinks shooting Aliens at point blank is fine.

Gosutoraida

And crushing an Alien's head in with his foot is perfectly normal. And Terx2, they were trying to use their tongues but he dosen't dodge them or anything. Like I said, they continued being crap.

Terx2

Quote from: Master Chief on Dec 09, 2011, 03:50:00 PM
The failed head bites weren't the problem in that scene.  The aliens forgot they had arms, legs, and a tail to break free.

Remember they where retarded ;D

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Dec 09, 2011, 07:17:45 PM
Quote from: Terx2 on Dec 09, 2011, 05:40:51 AM
until he tried to shoot them with his plasma casters.
Ah yeah, because let's remember people, Wolf thinks shooting Aliens at point blank is fine.

"I like to keep this handy for close encounters" ;D

Quote from: JokerJohn35 on Dec 10, 2011, 08:57:02 PM
And crushing an Alien's head in with his foot is perfectly normal. And Terx2, they were trying to use their tongues but he dosen't dodge them or anything. Like I said, they continued being crap.

That scene was messed up anyway. But yeah after watching that scene again I remembered he doesn't dodge there tongues :-[ My bad ;D.

Gosutoraida

No problem, man! :D

Bloodee Jacob

I know about all the shit Wolf gets on this forum and in all honesty the only thing that was truly wrong with him was the weak fighting choreography in some scenes causing some of you guys to think he is a "retard". Now if we go by exactly what each character was meant to be and what the film makers tried to make them look like on film Beserker is pretty close to being a bad blood and I in fact still think he is. He uses dishonorable tactics and is really just a savage and sure Wolf seemed like that at times but that's because that's what his mission called for in AVPR the annihilation of the infestation of xenomorphs. Wolf is meant to be a battle tested predator with tons of experience. He was written to be the most skilled and experienced predator we have seen on film. Just some of the choreography screwed him up in some of your guy's minds. So Wolf would win by a good amount if we are being honest here but I know I probably won't get any agreements in this subject on this forum anyway.

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: DarkenedWolf on Dec 18, 2011, 03:52:37 PM
I know about all the shit Wolf gets on this forum and in all honesty the only thing that was truly wrong with him was the weak fighting choreography in some scenes causing some of you guys to think he is a "retard". Now if we go by exactly what each character was meant to be and what the film makers tried to make them look like on film Beserker is pretty close to being a bad blood and I in fact still think he is. He uses dishonorable tactics and is really just a savage and sure Wolf seemed like that at times but that's because that's what his mission called for in AVPR the annihilation of the infestation of xenomorphs. Wolf is meant to be a battle tested predator with tons of experience. He was written to be the most skilled and experienced predator we have seen on film. Just some of the choreography screwed him up in some of your guy's minds. So Wolf would win by a good amount if we are being honest here but I know I probably won't get any agreements in this subject on this forum anyway.

Sorry, but I am going to agree with you lol.  A battle worn, elite veteran Predator is an awesome idea.  His face is half melted, missing mandible, beat up helmet...*shivers.*
The BSP's behaved more like angry rednecks with guns than skilled hunters.  Just my opinion.

Topazora

Topazora

I'm putting my vote in for Wolf, since I'm giving him a pass because of the dumbf**k directors didn't know what they're doing.  Whereas Berserker had a decent director in a decent movie.  I know this point has been made, but lets face it, it is a valid point.  The Straus Bros can't direct a movie if its not a teen slasher, and without ripping off ideas from other movies.
So compare the two based on the movies alone, would seem like an unfair comparison.

AlexVelez

Quote from: Hive Tyrant on Aug 22, 2011, 10:58:40 AM
Wolf was a bit of a retard, but fortunately for him his enemies were even worse.

I chuckled. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed