The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 391,491 times)

Prez

Prez

Mortal Engines, Annihilation, Into the Spiderverse and Shazam on Blu-Ray.
The Rise of Skywalker Visual Dictionary.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 06, 2020, 08:51:11 AM
Predator: Ultimate Edition Blu-ray and Angel Has Fallen on DVD.

Yes!!

You bought the Ultimate Hunter Edition though? I would have bet on you purchasing the 2008 Blu to avoid the DNR.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I could've, but then I'd have to keep the DVD as well for the bonus stuff.

I gave it a partial watch last night. It's not too bad once they get into the jungle but f*ck me the early briefing scenes look terrible. At one point Carl Weathers literally looks like a cartoon. I was hoping it wouldn't be as bad as people make out but it really is.

Voodoo Magic

#WaxyDillonIsReal

But agreed, once you're in the Jungle there's no major complaints.

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, that's the worse it has to offer IMHO. The rest of it is fine.

Trioxin

Trioxin

I bought the alien and predator collections from PS4 in HD interesting if you have PS4 pro you can set its standard resolution to 2160 RGB. Anything you watch that is it dvd quality from your library will change the setting and notify you of the resolution change from 2160 RGB. But if you watch something titled HD witch usually only tops at 1080p will not give you this notification. It's hard to tell but I'm pretty sure most movies if not all movies you buy from the ps store with HD title have the option to be played in 2160 RGB if you go to your video output settings change your resolution and turn off automatic HDR.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 08, 2020, 03:58:34 AM
I bought the alien and predator collections from PS4 in HD interesting if you have PS4 pro you can set its standard resolution to 2160 RGB. Anything you watch that is it dvd quality from your library will change the setting and notify you of the resolution change from 2160 RGB. But if you watch something titled HD witch usually only tops at 1080p will not give you this notification. It's hard to tell but I'm pretty sure most movies if not all movies you buy from the ps store with HD title have the option to be played in 2160 RGB if you go to your video output settings change your resolution and turn off automatic HDR.

This Xbox owner doesn't have a Playstation... yet... *cough *cough *Hunting *Grounds* but are there true 4K films available through PS or is it all just upscaled?

Trioxin

Trioxin

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 08, 2020, 02:06:26 PM
Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 08, 2020, 03:58:34 AM

This Xbox owner doesn't have a Playstation... yet... *cough *cough *Hunting *Grounds* but are there true 4K films available through PS or is it all just upscaled?

I'm pretty sure mostly everything is upscaled I have not yet seen a purchase option for nat4k

Voodoo Magic

Ah. Good to know, thanks. Maybe with the PS5.

Trioxin

Trioxin

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 08, 2020, 02:12:10 PM
Bah the older i get the less I play  I have the PS4 pro and vr 200 games in my library and I basically never play any more. Same with my PC. I run a small restoration company doing water fire mold asbestos remediation through insurance companies and general home repair and renovations if I wasn't injured and my kids not in school I'd basically never have time to play anything I don't think the ps5 is in my future list of purchases with its price tag ....

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Trioxin on Jan 08, 2020, 02:19:43 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 08, 2020, 02:12:10 PM
Bah the older i get the less I play  I have the PS4 pro and vr 200 games in my library and I basically never play any more. Same with my PC. I run a small restoration company doing water fire mold asbestos remediation through insurance companies and general home repair and renovations if I wasn't injured and my kids not in school I'd basically never have time to play anything I don't think the ps5 is in my future list of purchases with its price tag ....

I hear ya. As we get older game time is never like it used to be.

Fortunately Predator Hunting Grounds is a PS4 exclusive, not PS5. Unless there's a price drop in the near future, I'm probably looking at a $250 console purchase... unless I can catch another $199 sale I saw around the Holidays.

Trioxin

Trioxin

That is going to be me 5-6 years after the ps5 release. Searching for a nice cheap second hand console.

Corporal Hicks

The Raid 1/2 boxset on Blu-ray.

Darkness

Darkness

My new custom made Jason mask. Bought it to make a display piece for my shelf. Ordered a couple of black foam dummy heads. I couldn't resist trying it on. The hood underneath is from a seller called "Rubber Johnnies".  Makes me chuckle.

Corporal Hicks

I wonder if that even means anything to none-Brits?? Mask looks pretty sweet though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed