The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 391,429 times)

Nightmare Asylum

I have both Rise and the original on DVD, but my copy of Rise was defective, so I haven't watched it in a couple years. Figured I might as well upgrade and check it out before I go see the sequel. Should probably upgrade my copy of the original too; that's some pretty great boxart. Let me know how the transfer is when you watch it.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Nightmare Asylum

Gonna have to let me know how some of those recipes are. Been eyeing the book every time I go on Amazon :D

Shasvre

Shasvre

I hope there are some Dornish dishes in there. So spicy my head will explode!

Eva

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Albus on Jul 14, 2014, 12:02:36 AM
Quote from: Eva on Jul 14, 2014, 12:01:04 AM
Quote from: Albus on Jul 13, 2014, 11:34:09 PM
http://www.temp.sfbok.se/kat/img/112307.jpg
This book just doesn't make any Goddam sense! :D
???

Well, outside the Kings Landing settings, it seems most characters in the show are eating whatever they can get their hands on while travelling from A to B - a fish, rabbit or whatever. So... the book offers the recipe on hunting down a chicken on your own and skinning it or am I missing the picture here?  :D

Nightmare Asylum

Martin probably keeps a Winds of Winter sized catalog of Westerosi food. Just for, uhhh, reference.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Jul 14, 2014, 12:06:51 AM
Quote from: Albus on Jul 14, 2014, 12:02:36 AM
Quote from: Eva on Jul 14, 2014, 12:01:04 AM
Quote from: Albus on Jul 13, 2014, 11:34:09 PM
http://www.temp.sfbok.se/kat/img/112307.jpg
This book just doesn't make any Goddam sense! :D
???
Well, outside the Kings Landing settings, it seems most characters in the show are eating whatever they can get their hands on while travelling from A to B - a fish, rabbit or whatever. So... the book offers the recipe on hunting down a chicken on your own and skinning it or am I missing the picture here?  :D
Well, I know there's a recipe for rabbit stew in there and some food fitting for the Wall as well. We know that Dornishmen eat spicy food, so I'm sure there will be some of that as well. Not really sure what they eat in Winterfell. Snow?

Nightmare Asylum

Now that the Boltons are there, probably wieners.

You know, hot dogs and stuff.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Do they skin their hot dogs before eating them?

Bat Chain Puller

A Game of Thrones cook book? Ha!

Time for raw horse hearts and pigeon pie kids!

Maybe there will be a recipe on how to cook...
Spoiler
[close]

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Albus on Jul 14, 2014, 12:14:08 AM
Well, I know there's a recipe for rabbit stew in there and some food fitting for the Wall as well.

Ah ok.... well, they could expand this concept to other franchises actually... :)

Spoiler
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

:laugh:

I found a list of what's included.

Quote• The Wall: Rack of Lamb and Herbs; Pork Pie; Mutton in Onion-Ale Broth; Mulled Wine; Pease Porridge
• The North: Beef and Bacon Pie; Honeyed Chicken; Aurochs with Roasted Leeks; Baked Apples
• The South: Cream Swans; Trout Wrapped in Bacon; Stewed Rabbit; Sister's Stew; Blueberry Tarts
• King's Landing: Lemon Cakes; Quails Drowned in Butter; Almond Crusted Trout; Bowls of Brown; Iced Milk with Honey
• Dorne: Stuffed Grape Leaves; Duck with Lemons; Chickpea Paste
• Across the Narrow Sea: Biscuits and Bacon; Tyroshi Honeyfingers; Wintercakes; Honey-Spiced Locusts
Easy enough to spot Eva's favorite.

Rong

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed