The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 394,821 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Yep. The fact that he prefer's that version, and the fact that I know pretty much every change already, just makes me not all to interested in checking out that version. If I owned it, I would certainly give it a watch, but I'm not going to buy the film again just to see that. Alien is perfect as is.

When I eventually cave and buy the Anthology, then I'll give it a watch :)

First Blood

But you did enjoy A3's Assemby Cut, right? ;D

Nightmare Asylum

Oh yes. Much preferred that to the theatrical (and I liked the theatrical as well). AlienĀ³ is a very flawed film, even the Assembly Cut, but its beautifully done, and much better than the mess that it should have been, considering what happened behind the scenes. I like it just as much as Aliens, though for entirely different reasons.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 27, 2012, 06:06:55 PM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517TNFBJHXL.jpg
Nice!

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 27, 2012, 06:43:50 PM
I actually feel the same way about Alien, I just have no ambition to see the extended version.
Yeah, TC is the best. Only things I recall liking of the DC that were added were the Alien headbutting Jones' cage and Lambert bitchslapping Ripley while they are examining Kane. Both should've been in the TC imho -- the first one especially, because I've noticed the score of that sequence stops abruptly.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 27, 2012, 06:41:29 PM
Yep. Aside from the new ending, the Special Edition is crap.
I liked the extended chapel scene as well -- but yeah, film's ruined by that f**king opening.

DJ Pu$$yface

Snowdog

Snowdog

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 27, 2012, 08:03:13 PM
I liked the extended chapel scene as well -- but yeah, film's ruined by that f**king opening.

Not only the opening. That walmart scene makes me wanna shoot someone.

Cvalda

Cvalda

No, no, no--the worst is the "disposables" scene before the "They Swim" sequence. Horrible.

King Rathalos

To replace my broken copy, it should hopefully arrive by this weekend. I can't wait to start shooting 'dem parasitic bitches up again. 8)

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: x2SMONEY on May 22, 2012, 07:38:51 PM
Quote from: Cap. Fitzgerald on May 19, 2012, 11:36:20 PM
Quote from: x2SMONEY on May 13, 2012, 07:16:40 PM
http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-content/uploads//2011/11/nike-rivalry-manny-pacquiao-jacket-01.jpg
http://www.nikeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Nike-Manny-Knows-Precision-Manny-Pacquiao-Mens-T-Shirt.jpg
http://images.freshnessmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/nike-air-griffey-max-1-cool-grey-2.jpg

And, no shit, im planning on getting a katana to hang in my gym. Or two. Or three. Im way too effected by Tarantino

Ooh what type of shoes are those?
I've been thinking of getting new shoes since my old ones are starting to tear apart, and those look nice
Those are Air Griffey Max 1s, they're incredibly comfortable and have just the right level of bulk for me. I don't know if that specific color is still available, since I bought from a friend who'd been storing them for awhile, but either way all shoes from that particular line are very good choices
I'm probably going to get a pair of The Air Griffey Fury, they look more "me" and they're cheaper

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Snowdog on May 27, 2012, 09:14:31 PM
Not only the opening. That walmart scene makes me wanna shoot someone.
I somehow removed that.

Quote from: Cvalda on May 27, 2012, 09:18:29 PM
No, no, no--the worst is the "disposables" scene before the "They Swim" sequence. Horrible.
And that.

Snowdog

Snowdog

Prometheus tickets !!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Snowdog on May 28, 2012, 11:15:08 AM
Prometheus tickets !!!!!!!!! ;D ;D

Holy Sh*!

First Blood

First Blood

Damn straight. 8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed