The 'last thing you bought' thread

Started by Effectz, Jun 17, 2011, 04:32:20 PM

Author
The 'last thing you bought' thread (Read 391,421 times)

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on May 06, 2012, 09:10:36 PM
YESSSSSSS. Modern masterpiece par excellence. Gave my copy to my ex, still need to replace it :'(

Replace that shit soon!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Snowdog on May 03, 2012, 08:33:15 AM
Because my copy of this is sadly broken i bought it again yesterday
Creature 1998
http://www.videotheekmonroe.be/image/productdetails/10729/1?file=PeterBenchleysCreature.jpg
That is some freaking nice cover.

Gimme.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on May 06, 2012, 09:16:53 PM
Replace that shit soon!
Just as soon as I replace my no longer-existant Blu-ray player :laugh: Saving up for that and a projector when I move in a couple months 8)

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on May 06, 2012, 09:18:45 PM
Just as soon as I replace my no longer-existant Blu-ray player :laugh: Saving up for that and a projector when I move in a couple months 8)

...and a projector? Noice. Where abouts are you moving to? Will it make the commute to work easier?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Dark City...

It had... a giant head.

And... Humanoid aliens.

SHIT IS THERE A CONNECTION.

/noob

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on May 06, 2012, 09:20:12 PM
...and a projector? Noice. Where abouts are you moving to? Will it make the commute to work easier?
Hopefully moving to Irvine where I work, yeah. You'd think it would be easier, but transport in California is so f**ked it's a nightmare to find a place near there that's affordable and within convenient traveling distance. I'll just have to see how it turns out. :-\

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 06, 2012, 09:22:30 PM
Dark City...

It had... a giant head.

And... Humanoid aliens.

SHIT IS THERE A CONNECTION.

/noob
And it has the same cinematographer! COINCIDENCE??!!?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Cvalda on May 06, 2012, 09:24:07 PM
And it has the same cinematographer! COINCIDENCE??!!?
OMG!!!1!1!1!!!1!1!1one11!!

Mr Murdoch is the Engineer. REVELATIUNSZ.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 06, 2012, 09:29:15 PM
Mr Murdoch is the Engineer. REVELATIUNSZ.
Nah, it's gotta be Mr. Hand! He didn't die in the end, remember!!!1!!11
'Dat bald head

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

f**king Mr Hand, hes da enginiuh!!1!1!11 Bald head and skin tone, IT ALL CONNECTSZ.

Cvalda

Cvalda

After having discovered this plot connection, I have to say I kind of like it. I think it takes the series in a fresh new direction and will really bring a whole new audience to the franchise and also enrich the experience of watching ALIEN!

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I would not define it as new and fresh to be honest. From what we know so far, Prometheus is using quite the old sci-fi tropes we've already seen before, and injecting them into the Alien universe. Maybe that is the entire point and intention -- of using said old tropes in Scott's style, but it's nothing really fresh or never heard of before.

Sure as hell a whole new audience will be brought -- sciento guys will be all over the film if it is exactly like what it's been suggested to be so far. :P

This does not mean I am not looking forward to the film, however.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 06, 2012, 09:41:49 PM
Sure as hell a whole new audience will be brought -- sciento guys will be all over the film if it is exactly like what it's been suggested to be so far. :P
OMG. Engineer is a metaphor for Xenu!!!1! :o

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Just googled that -- shit, if it was not this late I would have laughed out  loud. GALACTIC CONFEDRNTIUNZ!!!1!11!

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OmegaZilla on May 06, 2012, 09:46:32 PM
Just googled that -- shit, if it was not this late I would have laughed out loud. GALACTIC CONFEDRNTIUNZ!!!1!11!
Hey, hey, hey--if Tom Cruise believes it, it must be true! >:(

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Ahhh, Tom Cruise is all about aliens. He's seen 'em, with their big spindly-tentacled vehicles with their honk sound: GWWWOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNN.

Not that kind of aliens, however.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed