E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot

Started by ikarop, Jun 01, 2011, 03:03:03 PM

Author
E3 Teaser Trailer / Release Window / Official Site + Screenshot (Read 68,525 times)

Xhan

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jun 01, 2011, 08:38:41 PM
Not liking the name Sephora too much though. If they used a Joseph Conrad reference, that would have absolutely 110% sealed the deal for me. Cmon, AvP3 got the Marlow as a Conrad reference.

PHANTOM

People keep on saying ACM is gonna blow AVP3 out of the water...

what makes you all so sure? From the looks of the teaser trailer it looks just like AVP3 :D

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 01, 2011, 08:54:09 PM
Matter of fact, that's the only reason I still play.  The graphics are superb, I go into the hive and run around dying over and over.  Beautiful, sweet facehugging death.

Just a little disturbing.

RagingDragon

Quote from: BOUNTY HAUNTER on Jun 01, 2011, 08:59:52 PM
???

Umm...no offense guys, but I think you're all getting your hopes up for nothing.  I honestly don't see anything in that trailer to suggest that this is anything to get overly excited about.  Frankly, it doesn't look any better than AvP2010 (and that isn't saying much).

I mean...this is SEGA, folks.  Are your memories really that short?

After leaving this project in limbo for countless years, they're now going to force GearBox to get it done quick and throw it out on the shelves in time to capitalize on Ridley's prequel.  I suspect it will suffer from the same lack of polish that plagued AvP, but they'll still cash in on all the fanboys and then pull support after 90 days.

Another quick buck, and another insult to the franchise.

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, shame on me.

Pass.

Maybe I'll pick it up from the $9.99 bargain bin three months after its release.

The moral:
If the fans of these franchises really want better games, we need to start being more critical.  Stop shelling out your money for anything they throw on the shelf.  Frankly, if this (rather simplistic) trailer was enough to make you start fondling your wallet...yeesh.  I guess we'll never have an Aliens (or Predator) game with the production values of say, Bioshock.

So I definitely will not be pre-ordering this one.

Prove me wrong, SEGA.

The voice of reason.  I do like your logic, and I say... you're right.

But I don't know how you could get fans to be more critical then they have been about AvP 2010 :D  Have you read any of the forums?  Holy cow, it almost gets violent.

I have to admit it's an optimistic viewpoint, but I believe SEGA knows they dicked up with AvP 2010, and won't do it again.  I mean, why make a quick buck then screw your customers when you can make a quick buck then keep making bucks for 5+ years due to a great game?  Look at any successful modern game (read: Call of Duty series) and it's obvious that the better games pay waaaay above and beyond the ones that don't keep people playing.  Quality wins in this business, in the long run, which gives me hope.

Also, Gearbox has their own reputation to worry about.  They seem to be a very solid game company and I don't think they'll let SEGA push them into releasing a sub-standard product.  I think they have enough clout to do what they need to do to release a successful, well-done game.  This is only my speculation from the evidence available, but that be it!

corporal dwayne hicks

its game time sucks that its gonna take a year though

Spaghetti

Quote from: locusta on Jun 01, 2011, 08:37:19 PM
Using the same crappy models like in AVP 2010 = FAILURE!!

Common guys, do you wanna s**t us. Total disappointment!

Kinda irked me too. But honestly the AVP3 alien was pretty good visually. Its how the acted that sucked.

I can live with the dumb fin tail that for some reason just WONT go away as long as they can make the xenos formidable.

Sharp Sticks

Design looked way cooler at the end of the extended trailer. All oily like in the movie. Snap-snap.

If the thing is behaving right I'll be too palm-sweaty and jittery to notice the dumb tail.

scarhunter92

Quote from: PHANTOM on Jun 01, 2011, 06:53:30 PM
9 months is gonna be a long wait ladies.

Give me Skyrim now and I'll wait 18 months if you want. ;D

King Rathalos

Guess I'm the odd one out who likes the tail. :P

DJ Pu$$yface

What is wrong with ze tail? Images pleaze?

King Rathalos

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jun 01, 2011, 09:40:00 PM

It's the AVP "fin tails."

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jun 01, 2011, 09:44:35 PM
Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jun 01, 2011, 09:40:00 PM

It's the AVP "fin tails."

It's been a while since I played the game.

King Rathalos

Corporal Lewis Hicks

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed