Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,035 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

The film had some surprisingly good effects.

Magegg

Magegg

So, anyone else up for a Thor reboot?

-.-

Simply change the focus and the narrative. Less comedic humans thing and more of a cool ensemble cast and adaptations of the Norse mythology.

Thor's cast of gods and sagas could make something really really cool, akin to something like Game of Thrones or The Lord of the Rings. Last movie was way too much lighthearted, in my opinion...

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 20, 2013, 08:08:44 PM
They'd have to reboot the entire MCU.

First Blood

First Blood

Would would be the point? The stuff you're describing could easily be integrated in future sequels.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Send me your mother. It's time that you got a reboot.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 20, 2013, 10:21:17 PMWould would be the point? The stuff you're describing could easily be integrated in future sequels.
Well... More than a reboot, a revamp.
But there are things already hard to shove up there. For example, Balder, Tyr and all the other gods being nowhere to be found, when they're hugely important for both Marvel's and Norse mythology. A reboot would be better.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: coolbreeze on Nov 20, 2013, 10:38:21 PM

Hey now.

Nightmare Asylum

No.

And I really didn't find TDW to be lighthearted, to be honest. It had a lot of jokes, but when something serious was happening you (or at least, I) really felt it. That being said, I did definitely find the first film to be better, but that too had its own brand of humor, just as all of the MCU films do.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2013, 03:35:24 AMNo.

And I really didn't find TDW to be lighthearted, to be honest. It had a lot of jokes, but when something serious was happening you (or at least, I) really felt it. That being said, I did definitely find the first film to be better, but that too had its own brand of humor, just as all of the MCU films do.
Well, the final battle was very goofy and very "routine" for Thor. There was no serious threat from Malekith, not even with the aether, he almost felt like he tickled him after he was impacted by aether discharges O.O

That took much emotion from the climax, and the whole thing of defeating him by throwing him teleporting rods was not epic, was ridiculous T__T Even the way Malekith's crushed in the end was like "LOL, there you are!", not a dramatic death for a villain whose race had been almost wiped out =/

I'd hope something more grandious for Northern Gods...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Yeah, Malekith kind of got the Vickers treatment at the end there.

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: coolbreeze on Nov 20, 2013, 10:38:21 PM

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 21, 2013, 06:55:44 PM
More concept art.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=90354

The suits don't always seem to be that form-fitting on Hemsworth like it should be.

Also,  WHERE'S THE DAMN HELMET ALREADY?

Magegg

Magegg

He looks better without the helmet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed