Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,031 times)

chrisr232007

chrisr232007

This movie was amazing....who needs man of steel when we have Thor!!! And that cameo of a certain man in red white and blue get up had to be one of or the best cameos in a film ever!!!!

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 14, 2013, 12:27:43 AM
Quote from: RazorSlash on Nov 14, 2013, 12:20:49 AM
Quote from: Magegg on Nov 13, 2013, 09:04:01 PM
Spoiler
There's no way Loki would have killed Odin.

He was so pissed off when his mother died, now he kills his father in betrayal? I don't think so.
[close]
Spoiler
Loki liked his mother, Loki doesn't like Odin.
[close]
Spoiler
He doesn't hate Odin. Of course he is angry that he hid the true about his origin, but he doesn't hate him, he was kind of shocked when Odin fell in the Odinsleep, and he could have killed him after betraying Laufey but he didn't.
What I think Loki wanted the most was getting some respect from Odin and being declared a legitimate heir to the throne, not killing him and become a villain.
[close]

Spoiler
At the end of Thor, Loki only let go of his brother after Odin rejected his reason for killing Laufey the way he did.  He even admitted he didn't want the throne, but after such a shocker of his history and living his life in Thor's shadow, poor kid really needed some well deserved therapy.  Or maybe just a good woman  :) I don't believe his evil, just upset.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=90026

Some of those designs for Malekith could have been really cool to see in the movie.

First Blood

First Blood

They should have added a little red in his costume, like the comic book counterpart. I felt his look was too generic and safe.

Hubbs

Hubbs

http://redlettermedia.com/half-in-the-bag-enders-game-and-thor-the-dark-world/

Review after the poor Enders Game review, hmmmmm sounds dubiously ripped off from various other films again.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 14, 2013, 03:00:49 PM

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=90026

Some of those designs for Malekith could have been really cool to see in the movie.
These look way better O.O

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

So, anyone else notice
Spoiler
The Aether and Tesseract were both reffered to as Infinity Stones, meaning they are Infinity Gems in some form? Aeither is red, the red gem was Power, which would make sense considering what the Aether does in Dark World.The blue gem was Mind, which we saw was used by Loki to control the minds of those he touched with it...
[close]

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: RazorSlash on Nov 14, 2013, 07:33:09 PMSo, anyone else notice
Spoiler
The Aether and Tesseract were both reffered to as Infinity Stones, meaning they are Infinity Gems in some form? Aeither is red, the red gem was Power, which would make sense considering what the Aether does in Dark World.The blue gem was Mind, which we saw was used by Loki to control the minds of those he touched with it...
[close]
We've been talking about this since 10 pages ago.
Spoiler
Feige said the Tesseract was the Space Gem. And it is supposed the blue gem on Loki's staff is powered by the Tesseract.
[close]

RazorSlash

RazorSlash

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 14, 2013, 07:54:37 PM
Quote from: RazorSlash on Nov 14, 2013, 07:33:09 PMSo, anyone else notice
Spoiler
[close]
We've been talking about this since 10 pages ago.
Spoiler
Feige said the Tesseract was the Space Gem. And it is supposed the blue gem on Loki's staff is powered by the Tesseract.
[close]
Spoiler
The Space Gem was purple....hm. We might see the Soul Gem in Guardians of the Galaxy. I want more Thanos, though, damnit  >:(
[close]

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: RazorSlash on Nov 14, 2013, 07:56:05 PM
Spoiler
The Space Gem was purple....hm. We might see the Soul Gem in Guardians of the Galaxy. I want more Thanos, though, damnit  >:(
[close]
Spoiler
And I'm telling you KEVIN FEIGE SAID the Tesseract is the Space Gem:
http://sciencefiction.com/2013/11/12/kevin-feige-talks-infinity-gems-daredevil-marvel-movies/
[close]

xeno-kaname

xeno-kaname

Quote from: chrisr232007 on Nov 14, 2013, 01:54:36 AM
This movie was amazing....who needs man of steel when we have Thor!!! And that cameo of a certain man in red white and blue get up had to be one of or the best cameos in a film ever!!!!

I'm glad to hear that. When MoS was released, people got disillusioned with Thor because of the speed Superman showcased in his movie. I at least expected the combat in Thor 2 to be better, since the combat in MoS was mediocre.

Except for this

Nightmare Asylum

Anthony Hopkins makes a pretty funny spoilery comment about Odin :D

Spoiler
QuoteAnthony Hopkins: "I'm not sure. He hasn't physically died on screen, but I played him as a man who's on his way out. I think they would have to explain in "Thor 3," if there is one, what happens to Odin. Or maybe it'll just be a story line, maybe he went to Tahiti or something for a holiday. I don't know."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=90066

Tahiti...it's a magical place 8)
[close]

HappyAlien

HappyAlien

Ok so one thing I am not understanding is Thor's power and level of Invulnerability. Are the other Asgardians close to his strength or far weaker. And why was the female warrior worried about and arrow hitting Thor? Surely it would bounce off him or does he have less power on the other realms than on Earth? Or are the arrows in the other nine realms stronger?

He could take punches from the Hulk but knives, swords and arrows can harm him? I just don't understand  I though he was nearly as strong as Superman.

Nightmare Asylum

The only weapons we've ever seen harm Thor are of Asgardian origin (Loki's knives in The Avengers, for example). Presumably some realms (Asgard, for example) have stronger weapons than others (Midgard). Maybe the arrow that that Marauder was using posed some sort of threat to Thor. Or maybe Sif just didn't want to take a chance.

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: HappyAlien on Nov 15, 2013, 05:44:28 AM
Ok so one thing I am not understanding is Thor's power and level of Invulnerability. Are the other Asgardians close to his strength or far weaker. And why was the female warrior worried about and arrow hitting Thor? Surely it would bounce off him or does he have less power on the other realms than on Earth? Or are the arrows in the other nine realms stronger?

He could take punches from the Hulk but knives, swords and arrows can harm him? I just don't understand  I though he was nearly as strong as Superman.

It's hard to answer really as movie Thor is far far weaker than Comic book Thor so we've only really got the movies to go on to gauge movie Thor. I'm inclined to agree with Nightmare Asylum on this, Asgardian weapons can hurt him but weapons from Midgard can't.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed