Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,099 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 11, 2013, 05:53:33 PM
No not at all. It was weird, and quite frankly a breath of fresh air. Something different than what we're used to in the MCU currently.

Agreed. I thought the scene was fantastic.

I think Taylor just wasn't particularly fond of the tonal shift. It was strikingly different (in terms of visuals and storytelling) in comparison to what came before it.

Aspie

Aspie

Spoiler
... Weird is good as far as gotg goes  :P

He made it seem like the clip was made at comic-con using a mock set and a Collector cosplay.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 11, 2013, 05:56:25 PM
Quote from: First Blood on Nov 11, 2013, 05:53:33 PM
No not at all. It was weird, and quite frankly a breath of fresh air. Something different than what we're used to in the MCU currently.

Agreed. I thought the scene was fantastic.

I think Taylor just wasn't particularly fond of the tonal shift. It was strikingly different (in terms of visuals and storytelling) in comparison to what came before it.

Spoiler
Yeah, it was like Sif and Volstagg just randomly stepped into a shop just off the Troll Market from Hellboy II.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Aspie on Nov 11, 2013, 05:57:00 PM
Spoiler
... Weird is good as far as gotg goes  :P

He made it seem like the clip was made at comic-con using a mock set and a Collector cosplay.
[close]

Spoiler
They had a limited set (James Gunn described it as a corner of a larger set) to work with. I didn't really mind, though. I thought it looked really good. And it was, after all, just a tease.

If you don't mind being spoiled, here's what the Collector looks like:

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 11, 2013, 05:59:18 PM
Spoiler
Yeah, it was like Sif and Volstagg just randomly stepped into a shop just off the Troll Market from Hellboy II.
[close]

Spoiler
I loved how, even though it was a bit jarring to the audience, Sif and Volstagg seemed like they weren't even phased :D It's like they've dealt with so much strange stuff in the cosmos that this Collector guy doesn't seem all that weird.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 11, 2013, 05:50:00 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 11, 2013, 01:34:35 PM
Ending Discussed by Kevin Feige, Anthony Hopkins And Alan Taylor (Obvious Spoilers)

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=89868
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 11, 2013, 04:51:33 PM
Alan Taylor Ashamed of Mid-Credits Scene

Sad to hear. :-\
Why do these people even make these movies if they have nothing nice to say about their own projects.
Well, in the case of Alan Taylor, it's not his own project. Also, he never said he was ashamed, just that he was very happy not to take responsibility for that scene. In the case of Hopkins, it's hard to tell. He simply stated that he's done two and that's enough. Doesn't mean he didn't enjoy working on those two.

To be honest, in the case of Portman, Hopkins and possibly even SkarsgÄrd, I think Kenneth Branagh was a big reason they took the job to begin with. Now that he's gone, maybe it doesn't have the same charm?

First Blood

First Blood

Why was Hugo Weaving so against doing another Cap film?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 11, 2013, 06:05:56 PM

Weaving isn't against Cap so much as big Hollywood films. I know the Transformers films were just easy money for him. He never even met Michael Bay.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 11, 2013, 06:05:56 PM

Beats me. Maybe he didn't have a good time on the first one?

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 11, 2013, 06:07:28 PMI know the Transformers films were just easy money for him. He never even met Michael Bay.

Can't blame him. His voice is unrecognizable in those anyway.

First Blood

First Blood

Bleh. Actors bunch of uppity c**ts.

Shasvre

Shasvre

No one demands that the average joe sticks to a job he hates. Why should they? :D

Also, very few of them really trash their projects. In the case of Hopkins and Taylor, I didn't see them doing that. Especially not Taylor since that was Gunn's work.

Magegg

Magegg

My guess is that they had to improvise that ending from nowhere because Hopkins said he wasn't willing to reprise his role.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 11, 2013, 06:10:58 PM
No one demands that the average joe sticks to a job he hates. Why should they? :D

Well when you're being paid millions to play pretend, you could at least show a little gratitude.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 11, 2013, 08:20:35 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 11, 2013, 06:10:58 PM

Well when you're being paid millions to play pretend, you could at least show a little gratitude.

Most of them are. But there's a difference between being grateful for a big paycheck and being grateful that you're working on something that is actually good. In the case of Weaving and Transformers, I don't expect it to be that fulfilling for him.

First Blood

First Blood

Fair enough. :)

Eva

Eva

Bay himself apologized for making the second one... didn't Shia also call it a piece of shit or something? :D

Of course, Bay promised to redeem himself.... and then made 2 more. :D

Money, money, money! Makes the BayformersWorld go around!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed