Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,074 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on Nov 09, 2013, 09:57:09 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 09, 2013, 09:53:35 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 09, 2013, 09:51:49 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 09, 2013, 09:47:29 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 09, 2013, 09:45:07 PM
Yeah, that. it just kind of came out nowhere with only seconds left in the film. My thoughts may change on it after I see how it plays out, though.
Didn't really seem to come out of nowhere to me.
Spoiler
I thought it was pretty obvious that the guard that returned and approached Odin to tell him Loki was dead was actually Loki himself (the way he spoke and the general look on his face gave it away). So the moment I saw Odin slouched over in the chair at the end, I could see the reveal coming.
[close]
Spoiler
I figured Loki had survived, but the replacing Odin seemed a bit abrupt. Especially since Thor couldn;t have left that bigass room yet. :laugh:
[close]
Let's put a different twist to it...

Spoiler

There is no Loki.
[close]

Perfection.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/24/fnkz.jpg

I'd pay good money to see Fassbender and Hiddleston play against one another.

Shasvre

Shasvre

It was pretty awesome that he shared some scenes with Benedict Cumberbatch in War Horse. So British. :D

Eva

Eva

Ahem, question about that cameo scene:

Spoiler
so, Loki shapeshifted into different characters. Didn't he shapeshift Thor as well when they were walking down the corridor or does my memory betray me? How is that possible? If Loki can shapeshift himself and whoever he wants to without them detecting it... well, the possibilities are endless. Is this ability canon for his character in the comics?

Besides, yeah I never bought that he was dead either. Marvel would be crazy to kill off their most popular creation in the movies and besides... we know that Marvel loves to resurrect dead characters just because they can, right...? :D
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Eva on Nov 09, 2013, 11:14:42 PM

Spoiler
so, Loki shapeshifted into different characters. Didn't he shapeshift Thor as well when they were walking down the corridor or does my memory betray me? How is that possible? If Loki can shapeshift himself and whoever he wants to without them detecting it... well, the possibilities are endless. Is this ability canon for his character in the comics?

Besides, yeah I never bought that he was dead either. Marvel would be crazy to kill off their most popular creation in the movies and besides... we know that Marvel loves to resurrect dead characters just because they can, right...? :D
[close]

Spoiler
They've done it ONCE, and the way AoS is going I'm not even sure if it's technically a resurrection! ;) :D

Anyways, as far as Loki's shape shifting goes, I kind of saw it as an evolution of his holograms from the previous films. Like he learned how to use them in other forms than just himself and use them as disguises on him and other people. I don't know if he can do that in the comics, but there was a pretty big instance where he was stuck in
Spoiler
Sif's body.
[close]
[close]

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 09, 2013, 11:22:00 PM
Quote from: Eva on Nov 09, 2013, 11:14:42 PM

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler
They've done it ONCE, and the way AoS is going I'm not even sure if it's technically a resurrection! ;) :D

Anyways, as far as Loki's shape shifting goes, I kind of saw it as an evolution of his holograms from the previous films. Like he learned how to use them in other forms than just himself and use them as disguises on him and other people. I don't know if he can do that in the comics, but there was a pretty big instance where he was stuck in
Spoiler
Sif's body.
[close]
[close]

Spoiler
So, you acknowledge that they did it once... mwuhahahaha. Found the weak spot of you Marvel fanboys, I have... mwuhahahahaha.... :D

Well, ok... giving it some thought, Loki has some formidable skills then. With a bit of insidious planning, he could get out of that cell without much trouble if he wanted to, me thinks. Btw, I kinda liked how Malekith's right hand monster... man or whatever he was, let all the prisoners out to cause chaos in Asgaard... except Loki. As if he could sense that this guy... best not to let him roam free. Loki just looked right back at him, not giving a shit in the world lol... :D
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I feel the need to point out that this movie has black hole grenades in it. That is awesome.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 10, 2013, 05:42:49 AM
I feel the need to point out that this movie has black hole grenades in it. That is awesome.
wuuuuuuuuuut  :o

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 10, 2013, 05:42:49 AM

possibly the coolest things in a film ever

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Nov 09, 2013, 11:35:17 PM
Spoiler
Btw, I kinda liked how Malekith's right hand monster... man or whatever he was, let all the prisoners out to cause chaos in Asgaard... except Loki. As if he could sense that this guy... best not to let him roam free. Loki just looked right back at him, not giving a shit in the world lol... :D
[close]
Yup, loved that scene. :laugh:

Descriptions of deleted scenes.

http://mcufilms.tumblr.com/post/66525496746

This part was kind of cool.

Spoiler
Quote"Don't you ever regret teaching him your magic?"

"You and your father cast long shadows," Frigga began, hoping to finally make Thor understand. "I had hoped that by sharing my gifts with Loki, he could feel some sun for himself."
[close]

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 09, 2013, 07:21:09 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 09, 2013, 07:14:19 PM
I thought they gave him an infinity gem.

Spoiler
The Aether is an Infinity Gem.
[close]
Spoiler
Does that mean the tesseract is another?
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 10, 2013, 08:18:35 PM
Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 09, 2013, 07:21:09 PM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Nov 09, 2013, 07:14:19 PM
I thought they gave him an infinity gem.

Spoiler
The Aether is an Infinity Gem.
[close]
Spoiler
Does that mean the tesseract is another?
[close]

Spoiler
Yes. When Sif and Volstagg gave the Collector the Aether they said something along about already having the Tesseract in Asgard and it not being safe keeping two Infinity Stones in the same place.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Spoiler
Now I'm imagining a wacky scene where Thanos tries to jam a bunch of red goop and a large cube into the Infinity Gauntlet.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Well as it was seen in Thor the Gauntlet appears to already have gems in it:

Could potentially be that the energy from the Tesseract and the Aether need to be transferred into those gems rather than the objects themselves put into the Gauntlet. We already know from the Hydra weapons, SHIELD's Phase II weapons, and the element in Tony Stark's arc reactor that the Tesseract's energy can be harvested used in alternative ways. And Malekith essentially absorbed the Aether into himself.
[close]

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

Just got back from seeing it, better than the first one, 'nough said!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed