Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,049 times)

Shasvre

Razz

Razz

Seeing it tonight with my brother, can't wait. :)

Nightmare Asylum

So to those who have seen it, was the mid-credits scene good? Did you-know-who look cool?

Also, couple kind of small questions that may or may not be spoilers about the film.
Spoiler
Was reference made to the gem that Loki had in his staff in The Avengers being the soul gem?

And was it mentioned that they used the Tesseract to rebuild/replace the Bifrost?
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2013, 01:12:56 PMSo to those who have seen it, was the mid-credits scene good? Did you-know-who look cool?

He's kind of goofy. I wouldn't exactly say he looked cool. It's a... different look. :D

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2013, 01:12:56 PM
Spoiler
Was reference made to the gem that Loki had in his staff in The Avengers being the soul gem?

And was it mentioned that they used the Tesseract to rebuild/replace the Bifrost?
[close]

Spoiler
The gem isn't an Infinity Stone, but the Tesseract is. As well as the Aether.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Nov 01, 2013, 01:40:52 PM
Spoiler
The gem isn't an Infinity Stone, but the Tesseract is. As well as the Aether.
[close]

Huh, that's interesting. Not at all the direction I was expecting, but it makes sense.
Spoiler
I guess that means that we won't be seeing the last of the Tesseract any time soon. I wonder how Thanos plans to fit a big cube in the Infinity Gauntlet, though :D

What does the Aether look like?
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2013, 01:44:08 PM
Spoiler
What does the Aether look like?
[close]

Spoiler
It kind of looks like a red mist. It possesses the one who's using it. They also contain it in some sort of stone box.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Spoiler
Cool, I was kind of under the impression that it wasn't really a physical object.

Maybe that orb in GotG really is an Infinity Gem now, since they're not doing them exactly like the comics did...
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 01, 2013, 01:50:58 PM
Spoiler
Cool, I was kind of under the impression that it wasn't really a physical object.

Maybe that orb in GotG really is an Infinity Gem now, since they're not doing them exactly like the comics did...
[close]

Could be.

Spoiler
At least they handed the Aether over to the Collector so they wouldn't have to keep two Infinity Stones at Asgard.
[close]

Requiem28

Requiem28

Our busy season is really gonna hit next week when Thor 2 comes out.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Saw this today and really enjoyed it. Not quite as good as the first Thor but only by a tiny fraction and this is the best sequel we've had by far. The main set backs are indeed the villain - he isn't that bad per say, but just needed more screentime and explanation before the final battles - and the writing didn't feel quite as tight at Brannagh's and there's a lot more film pseudo-science which doesn't add to the film's favour. But it is still well written and the characters enjoyable - Loki on top form.

Magegg

Magegg

For those who watched the movie? How's the new actor of Fandral? Very different?

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Magegg on Nov 01, 2013, 08:11:09 PM
For those who watched the movie? How's the new actor of Fandral? Very different?
Considering his small role in both films I'd say no.

Shasvre

Shasvre

For those of you who want to see the mid-credits scene (in pretty bad quality).

Spoiler

First Blood

First Blood

Gotta say, I love Del Toro's hair. He's playing it rather eccentric but I am digging it. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

I'm gonna hold out on the mid-credits scene, let his appearance be a surprise. What I heard about it sounds great, though.

And while I don't know much about the character, eccentric sounds pretty fitting given the film its setting up :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed