Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,093 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Aspie on Mar 11, 2013, 03:46:20 PMWhatever happened to these guys appearing in the movie?

One of them became so popular he got two movies of his own.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 11, 2013, 03:48:11 PM
Move over Iron Man

One of my favorite parts from that run. 8)

Requiem28

Requiem28

Nice, can't wait for the teaser.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Ruadh on Mar 11, 2013, 03:47:51 PM
Who says they aren't?

If they all are, which I very much doubt, they will have problems exploring 8 seperate worlds within the film's time frame.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 11, 2013, 03:50:21 PM
One of my favorite parts from that run. 8)

Anyone ever tell you that you have damn fine taste? Thor fan AND a Superman fan?

Impeccable. Absolutely impeccable.   ;D

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: Aspie on Mar 11, 2013, 03:53:39 PM
Who says they aren't?

If they all are, which I very much doubt, they will have problems exploring 8 seperate worlds within the film's time frame.

This was something debated a few months ago, as I'd read (from Feige I believe) that all realms will be shown in Thor 2. And he said SHOWN, not intricately explored. Could simply be an Odin voiceover with a five minute opening sequence showing the other realms, or could be a quick trip to each one, stopping for a couple minutes now and then in the movie. I actually expect an opening battle in one of the thus-far-unshown realms, a few others visited during the course of the movie, and the hell one being shown at the very end.

To be more specific about Feige's comment, he said that with the rainbow bridge gone, the other realms have gotten out of control, and that would be shown in the film. So again, doesn't mean they're spending a week on each. In the scheme of things, they weren't on the frost giant realm that long, but you got a definite sense of it.

Think about how many worlds you saw in Revenge of the Sith. Way more than 8. Didn't get to know many of them that well, but you got a sense. When you have a film around 120 minutes, with each scene being around 3 minutes or so...there's a LOT of time to fill.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Or they could start giving Thor some of his powers - instead of just being a strong dude with lightning - and let him travel dimensions when he wants.

Just throwing that out there!

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: ScardyFox on Mar 11, 2013, 04:12:13 PM
Or they could start giving Thor some of his powers - instead of just being a strong dude with lightning - and let him travel dimensions when he wants.

Just throwing that out there!

They could. But for the audience that only knows this version of Thor, it might stink too much of the kinda stories where the hero gets yet another power tacked on in each installment.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Could work as in he is starting to learn all he can do with Mjolnir :(

Ruadh

Ruadh

Yeah, that's true. I'm sure they could work it into the story with some thought. I've had a couple minutes to think about it, but clearly they had way more time and research etc.

What would be interesting is to show that Loki's assumption on how Thor reached Earth in the Avengers was incorrect. It was Odin that did it at all, but Thor himself.

KirklandSignature

Who says they aren't?

How so? I think all 8 worlds will be explored. Sort of how in the Family Guy multiverse episodes where they go through a dozen or so different ones in a span of 26 minutes. I can envision Thor and gang quickly hopping through the worlds in pursuit of Malekitch.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Mar 11, 2013, 04:37:46 PM
Who says they aren't?

How so? I think all 8 worlds will be explored. Sort of how in the Family Guy multiverse episodes where they go through a dozen or so different ones in a span of 26 minutes. I can envision Thor and gang quickly hopping through the worlds in pursuit of Malekitch.

That's an awful idea.

Nightmare Asylum

Would be interesting if Malekith rallied up his army from all (or some) of the different realms; it is supposed to be a rag-tag group, if I recall correctly.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Who says they aren't?

It always makes me raise an eyebrow when someone feels a movie can't show a lot of things, or cover a lot of ground. Of course it can. It's all up to the writer where they go, and how much they show. Look at a road trip movie...do they only show two cities? The one they start in,and the one they end in? Again, scenes are around 3 minutes long...obviously some are longer, some are shorter, but that's the average. You end up with at least 40 scenes in a film, usually a LOT more. It is not difficult to cover a lot of ground, especially when you have opening montages, or are stopping at a location for less than ten minutes.

again, my prediction for Thor 2 (with the barest of info available) is some kinda tour of all the realms, with Jane being the fish-out-of-water this time instead of Thor.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Aspie on Mar 11, 2013, 04:39:16 PM
Who says they aren't?

That's an awful idea.

Your opinion of my opinion is merely just an opinion. We were promised a tour of all 8 worlds so this is how I envision the story.

Ruadh

Ruadh

In my experience, especially with movies like this...when someone feels something is an awful idea when they haven't even see the movie, just hearing the concept...it's usually because they just lack the imagination to see the concept for all its worth. Luckily, the audience isn't writing these movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed