Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,064 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 23, 2012, 11:37:41 PM
Spoiler
Sounds like Malekith is trying to merge Outworld and Earthrealm. :laugh:
[close]

:laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Trailer please. :(

Nightmare Asylum

Still a long wait for that, I'd assume. Earliest I'd expect footage is February at the Super Bowl, but that won't be a full trailer, if there's even anything at all.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 26, 2012, 05:18:30 PM
Hiddleston talks a bit more:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=70486

He's been quiet about this one, especially compared to Avengers where he wouldn't stop talking about it.

Ruadh

Ruadh

He may not be in this as much.

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Ruadh on Nov 26, 2012, 06:21:18 PM
He may not be in this as much.

Yeah I get the feeling that he will only be in for a few scenes. That doesn't mean he wont be up to any good though. I bet he makes another deal with Malekith and co from behind bars, making him the behind the scenes villian again.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Nov 26, 2012, 09:59:41 PM
Yeah I get the feeling that he will only be in for a few scenes. That doesn't mean he wont be up to any good though. I bet he makes another deal with Malekith and co from behind bars, making him the behind the scenes villian again.

That's what he does! That's ALL he does!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Some comments from Hemsworth.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=70506

QuoteOn Returning To Asgard For Thor: The Dark World:

We've known since Thor 1 that we were gonna do a Thor 2, so we've been talking about possibilities, and then once The Avengers worked, there were things where we'd go, "Cool, we can continue this and this is where we go from them with the story." It's been a long time. But you always need this period, the rehearsal prep, and we've got some good stuff down. I just saw some of the sets in the last few days and it looks incredible. There's a lot more of an organic kind of feel to Asgard now. And that Viking element of the Asgardian people, of Thor's history, is much more present.

On What Director Alan Taylor Brings To The Sequel:

It's less science fiction. I mean, if you look at Game Of Thrones, what I love about it is that it has that mythical element but you're always grounded in such an organic world. I think that's the goal scored second time round.

On How The Box Office Success Of Marvel's The Avengers Has Affected His Outlook:

You almost forget that this just doesn't happen that often. I was talking to Matt Damon and he goes to me, "So Snow White did pretty good?" and I said, "Yeah, I think it'll probably hit $400 million, but it's not Avengers numbers." And he goes, "Man!" and he shook his head. "You're [frick]ing ruined - 400's huge!" It's like my brain thinks, "That's the norm now, that's the benchmark." Which, Jesus, I don't think anything will ever come close...Probably Avengers 2. But it will be pretty hard to hit that again. It's almost as if I've been ruined for the rest of my career regarding box office expectations.

On How To Successfully Continue Thor's Story In A Third Big Screen Outing:

In a way, it becomes more difficult at this point. Thor 1 was the origin story and he starts off as a brash child and ends as the hero; the danger then is, where does he go from here? If he doesn't change, he's gonna become boring. How do you break him down again to rebuild him and have some sort of arc, some sort of journey? Avengers was different, it was the arc of the team. So now, on [Thor 2], we've been really throwing around, "Okay, so what's Thor's big conflict here?" Because it can't just be that bad tempter again, or that he's too cocky. We've done that. And now, where does the humour lie? Because it can't be the fish-out-of-water, Crocodile Dundee kind of thing that we had in the first one. He's been to Earth now. There may be elements of that...
Edit: New videos of Thor Vs. Malekith.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=70593

First Blood

First Blood

First THOR: THE DARK WORLD Footage Details Emerge

Marvel's International Vice President, Nigel Cook, took to a convention in Italy, dubbed the "Professional Cinema Days in Sorrento," to present the first bit of (raw) footage from next year's much-anticipated Thor: The Dark World film. And roughly-translated descriptions, courtesy of @Thor2Fans and @vingadoresdepre via Lavik Web Magazine, ScreenWEEK and Primissima, have surfaced dishing out a few spoilers for the Alan Taylor-directed Marvel sequel. Check them out!

"In the preview, a voice-over is heard with the oath of the God of Thunder as the new supreme ruler. We see a clash between Thor and the enemy army, in a world that is neither Asgard let alone the Earth. We see Chris Hemsworth wielding his hammer and Tom Hiddleston as Loki first wounded without a helmet, with long, loose hair and then imprisoned; his anger increasingly desperate and irrational. Then there's a scene later in which he is free again, but still furious.

The rest of the images show glimpses of Asgard, with Anthony Hopkins as Odin and Natalie Portman in clothes that seem more like a princess; an Asgardian princess. In between, there are images of an epic battle on horseback, who seems to have left an epic cloak-and-dagger. The threat to the Asgardians is certainly a new alien race pale (now identified as the dark elves).

A black spaceship shaped irregularly looks like a serious threat to Asgard. More sequences show Natalie Portman then alongside Thor lying on the ground, probably overwhelmed in a clash."

After the clips, Nigel Cook reassured the audience that Thor: The Dark World begins and ends on Earth. And he added that the sets built for the sequel were the largest ever built for a Marvel Studios movie. Cook apparently also x pressed concern that the sequel won't receive the same attention as Marvel's first outing next year, Iron Man 3, which the executive says takes place a year after the events of Marvel's The Avengers. What do you think?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=70953

Shasvre

Shasvre

Sounds awesome. And given how big some of the sets in Thor and The Avengers were, I can't see what they came up with for this. :)

Aspie

Aspie

I don't know if I want to read the footage description or wait for the actual footage! :(

Nightmare Asylum

Sounds excellent. Hoping we get to see some of that sooner rather than later!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Aspie on Dec 06, 2012, 06:07:44 PM
I don't know if I want to read the footage description or wait for the actual footage! :(

Chances are we're never going to see this particular footage anyway. If you're waiting for a teaser or a trailer, don't expect anything until next year.

Aspie

Aspie

...I must read it then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed