Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,083 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 16, 2012, 09:41:45 PMI'm still kind of thinking that, in the wake of Phase I and the destruction of the Bifrost, the Asgardians may use the Tesseract as a way to travel to different worlds.

It would be wiser of them to just use it to repair the Bifrost.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Nov 16, 2012, 10:19:31 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 16, 2012, 09:41:45 PMI'm still kind of thinking that, in the wake of Phase I and the destruction of the Bifrost, the Asgardians may use the Tesseract as a way to travel to different worlds.

It would be wiser of them to just use it to repair the Bifrost.

Yeah, there's that too. Either way, I speculate that the Tesseract will be utilized somehow.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Dark Elves look good and creepy. Definitely not "Tolkien" rip offs :P Love the masks.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Nov 16, 2012, 09:15:07 PM
Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 16, 2012, 08:21:11 PM
>mfw malekith blocks mjolnir with his fists in the set videos

http://oi45.tinypic.com/1zyjvau.jpg

Yeah I was wondering how Malekith was blocking the hammer since he isnt holding any weapons. It appears as if Malekith has special gauntlets that allow him to deflect mjornir. What does Malekith use for weapons in the comics?

He could be using some kind of magic or energy to power-up himself too.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Nov 16, 2012, 09:15:07 PM
Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 16, 2012, 08:21:11 PM
>mfw malekith blocks mjolnir with his fists in the set videos

http://oi45.tinypic.com/1zyjvau.jpg

Yeah I was wondering how Malekith was blocking the hammer since he isnt holding any weapons. It appears as if Malekith has special gauntlets that allow him to deflect mjornir. What does Malekith use for weapons in the comics?

Magic and his hands. It'll have to be drastic to explain that. There is n way (canonically speaking) he could do that. But its just a picture so who knows. Also, Thor in the movies is a much weaker (as in drastically weaker) version then the comic hero. So again, who knows.

Cap blocked Mjolnir with his shield, which makes almost no sense, but it shows how much energy dispersing power vibranium has, and it's not magic, i'm sure magic or even just vibranium gauntlets could easily explain how Malekith is able to block the hammer.

Ruadh

Ruadh

It's just one of those things to show how formidable he is as a villain. The hero's big weapon isn't definitely going to help him win this time. He's gotta come up with something else. etc.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Pretty sure he's using some kind of magic or power which comes from an artifact. I think it'll make for a good fight. When someone is able to go face-to-face against Thor and isn't slapped around like a ragdoll, serious shit is going down. Like the Hulk fight in The Avengers. 8)

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: AvatarIII on Nov 18, 2012, 12:53:49 PM
Cap blocked Mjolnir with his shield, which makes almost no sense, but it shows how much energy dispersing power vibranium has, and it's not magic, i'm sure magic or even just vibranium gauntlets could easily explain how Malekith is able to block the hammer.

Actually it does make sense because thats what his shield does to a T. Always has.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Nov 18, 2012, 03:55:04 PM

Actually it does make sense because thats what his shield does to a T. Always has.

Yeah, with comic logic. In reality, why wouldn't the hammer push the shield and squish Cap, regardless of how invulnerable the shield is? I'm just saying they can use comic logic with Malekith too.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: AvatarIII on Nov 18, 2012, 04:34:17 PM

Yeah, with comic logic. In reality, why wouldn't the hammer push the shield and squish Cap, regardless of how invulnerable the shield is? I'm just saying they can use comic logic with Malekith too.

Everything is in the context of comic logic if we're talking about the characters.. Cap has the ability to block the attack with his shield, Mak doesn't from what  has been seen "before". Thus the questioning and curiosity an to some the "whoa" factor.

Its not an issue, its a curiosity

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

You can't be squished if your vibranium shield deflects the force, comic-logic or movie-logic. Little-to-no-force lands on Cap himself, if anything.

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 18, 2012, 05:47:01 PM

You can't be squished if your vibranium shield deflects the force, comic-logic or movie-logic. Little-to-no-force lands on Cap himself, if anything.
The way vibranium works doesn't make sense in the real world though. I'm not complaining, i'm just saying they can get away with any reason they want.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: AvatarIII on Nov 18, 2012, 05:59:51 PM
Quote from: scarhunter92 on Nov 18, 2012, 05:47:01 PM

The way vibranium works doesn't make sense in the real world though. I'm not complaining, i'm just saying they can get away with any reason they want.

They still need to apply themselves to the pre-established lore, which is what they did with cap and which is why it brings of questions in this.  Again, its not an issue but does make interesting questions that shouldn't be answered with "they can do what they want" other wise whats the point of even hashing things on forums then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed