Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,080 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Well thank the lords she is ok.

Nightmare Asylum

Oh, wow...I'm really glad she's OK.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Sounds like a close one. I'm really glad she's okay.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Thank the All-Father. That could have ended badly.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

News to me:
In the new movie, Loki forms an alliance with Malekith (Christopher Eccleston) in order to secure the Casket of Ancient Winters, which is an artifact from the realm of the Frost Giants and a powerful and deadly weapon. When opened, it releases powerful arctic weather that is capable of freezing anything in its path; killing humans and immobilizing Asgardians.

Read more: http://worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=26205&count=0#ixzz27Y5r6SaY

Also, putting aside mythology for a moment, doesn't Thor having an older brother go against the first movie? And he was never mentioned at all?

Shasvre

Shasvre

Whoever wrote that article for WorstPreviews just grabbed some story details from the comics.

As far as Tyr go, they probably won't make him Thor's older brother. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Odin's younger brother instead.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: ace3g on Sep 25, 2012, 11:18:04 PM

Jaimie Alexander Injured On The Set Of THOR: THE DARK WORLD

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=67828

Pretty hardcore shit. Glad to hear she's alright, this could've been terrible.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 26, 2012, 05:21:00 AM
As far as Tyr go, they probably won't make him Thor's older brother. I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be Odin's younger brother instead.

That makes more sense, actually. I was wondering how they would handle the brother stuff.

Shasvre

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I can see them being briefly shown during some kind of narration or montage, but there's no way they're going to spend time in all of them.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 26, 2012, 05:02:44 PM
All nine realms might be shown.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=67865

That's funny, since I said that a couple months ago and you swore I was wrong.

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Sep 26, 2012, 05:21:21 PM
I can see them being briefly shown during some kind of narration or montage, but there's no way they're going to spend time in all of them.

I don't see why not. Do most movies spend time in less than nine locations?

Again, my prediction is actually them going on a tour of the realms, possibly in a pursuit. Possibly because Jane is snatched by Maleketh or someone.

Nightmare Asylum

Didn't think they actually were going to show all of them, but if this ends up happening, I guess I stand corrected. I can see them spending a fair amount of time in a good chunk of them. Especially now with the supposed 'Fire Giants' making an appearance alongside the Elves.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Ruadh on Sep 26, 2012, 05:23:15 PMThat's funny, since I said that a couple months ago and you swore I was wrong.

And based on the things we knew back then, I had no reason to believe otherwise. I believe I also pointed out that if they were going to show them, it wouldn't surprise me if were done in the way of a brief introduction, maybe in the beginning of the movie.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Well...I could see the introductory battle taking place in one realm, Earth being shown, Asgard being shown, obviously the Dark Elves' realm...and some sorta relations with the Frost Giants, so that's five right there. Three others could be shown for a few moments if I'm right about a pursuit through the realms, and then Hel, I could see being shown at the end to set up the third film with Surtur.

I mean...you have 120 pages to fill when you write a film...it's a LOT more than people seem to realize. Each scene is only a few minutes long, so that's still AROUND 40 scenes, at least.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: ace3g on Sep 25, 2012, 11:18:04 PM

Jaimie Alexander Injured On The Set Of THOR: THE DARK WORLD

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=67828

I heard she slipped and fell in rain. Must have been a hard fall to have that serious of an injury. Glad to hear she's all right.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed