Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,032 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Whoa, that does sound great. Really hoping that ends up being true.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

I welcome this very much as long as they don't try to explain away his magic away with the quasi science stuff from the first movie.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Hopefully people don't balk at it like Widow's introduction in Iron Man 2...

KirklandSignature

Quote from: Ruadh on Sep 07, 2012, 03:19:02 PM

Who balked at it? I certainly didn't, She was one of two likeable female characters in the movie. Again,  Who balked? the critics? the audience? or just you?

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Sep 07, 2012, 03:21:27 PM

Who balked at it? I certainly didn't, She was one of two likeable female characters in the movie. Again,  Who balked? the critics? the audience? or just you?

Most critics and a lot of fans felt that she (and the other S.H.I.E.l.D. elements in the film) were just forced in there to make Iron Man 2 a sort of commercial for The Avengers. Personally, I had no problem with her, and actually really liked Iron Man 2.

Anyways, about Doctor Strange, he probably won't have any powers in this film. I'd expect that to get saved for his solo film, if/when that (hopefully) happens. Still would be great to see him established in the MCU, powers or not, though.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Sep 07, 2012, 03:21:27 PM

Whoa, hold on there buddy. I feel I'm one of the biggest fans of Iron Man 2, feeling it's not really much lesser than the first one, and certainly enjoyed Black Widow in it. NA already answered the rest, but if I had an issue with something I wouldn't have phrased it so generally, I'd just come out and say so. I'm all for cameos, and all for guest starring heroes.

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Everything looks great! I'm getting more and more excited.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2012, 03:24:21 PMAnyways, about Doctor Strange, he probably won't have any powers in this film. I'd expect that to get saved for his solo film, if/when that (hopefully) happens. Still would be great to see him established in the MCU, powers or not, though.

Maybe he will take a trip down to Odin's treasure vault and get his powers from the Orb of Agamotto?

Nightmare Asylum

Ohh, completely forgot about that.

Does the Orb give him his powers, or is it just something that he uses to channel them (like the Frost Giants with the casket of Ancient Winters)?

Shasvre

Shasvre

I think he uses the Orb to channel or use certain powers. But it's not the source of his magic, as far as I know.

Nightmare Asylum

Interesting. The treasure room is definitely something I want to get a better look at this time around. So much cool stuff in there.
Would be nice if the Tesseract took a place in there as well. I have a feeling that that is going to be used either to rebuild or replace the Bifrost, since it clearly has teleportation abilities.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2012, 04:13:49 PMWould be nice if the Tesseract took a place in there as well. I have a feeling that that is going to be used either to rebuild or replace the Bifrost, since it clearly has teleportation abilities.

Sounds like a great idea. :)

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: ScardyFox on Sep 07, 2012, 02:59:08 PM
I welcome this very much as long as they don't try to explain away his magic away with the quasi science stuff from the first movie.

I highly doubt it. Strange's powers were always approached in the comics in a more straight-up "magic & demons" way. Asgardian "magic" always worked like some kind of otherworldly middle point between magic and science.

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 07, 2012, 04:15:30 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2012, 04:13:49 PMWould be nice if the Tesseract took a place in there as well. I have a feeling that that is going to be used either to rebuild or replace the Bifrost, since it clearly has teleportation abilities.

Sounds like a great idea. :)

I can see Odin using his powers to use the Tesseract's energy to make a new Bifrost work.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2012, 03:24:21 PM
Anyways, about Doctor Strange, he probably won't have any powers in this film. I'd expect that to get saved for his solo film, if/when that (hopefully) happens. Still would be great to see him established in the MCU, powers or not, though.

This is a really good idea. Perhaps they could use these as a catalyst for his growing interest in the supernatural, magic, occult, etc until his own movie. Or, he already has it (through dreams, visions, whatever) and this is what pushes him into this.

Whatever it may be I like the idea of him not being a sorcerer supreme - or anything - yet.

Quote from: scarhunter92 on Sep 07, 2012, 04:39:57 PM
Asgardian "magic" always worked like some kind of otherworldly middle point between magic and science.

Thats the thing though, Asgard has always been described as a place of magic - there was no middle ground on this whatsoever. It was clear as day till these movies (somewhat) muddled it.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: Laufey on Sep 07, 2012, 03:53:01 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 07, 2012, 03:24:21 PMAnyways, about Doctor Strange, he probably won't have any powers in this film. I'd expect that to get saved for his solo film, if/when that (hopefully) happens. Still would be great to see him established in the MCU, powers or not, though.

Maybe he will take a trip down to Odin's treasure vault and get his powers from the Orb of Agamotto?

I think that's a good idea, and if the rumor is true, that's probably exactly what will happen.

It's really important to remember that the comics are a jumping off point for these movies, and the movies will NEVER do things exactly like in the source material.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed