Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,062 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Laufey on Aug 28, 2012, 08:14:56 PM
Looks like they're gonna film at Stonehenge.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=66434

I wouldn't be surprised if it's going to be some sort of portal, perhaps a gateway for Bifrost.

Now that would certainly be an interesting concept. One of Loki's hidden doors, maybe.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Man, I can't wait to see Alan Taylor's influence on this movie. With everything we've heard and seen so far (just look at the set photos for example), it definitely feels like this is going to have a bit of a viking touch to it.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Well...is he a concept designer as well? Or just a director?

First Blood

First Blood

::)

Director's can still have influence over the look of a film.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: First Blood on Aug 29, 2012, 03:06:16 AM
::)

Director's can still have influence over the look of a film.

Of course. Gilliam and Burton are two major ones. But even Peter Jackson had a team of concept designers on Lord of the Rings. And a slew of 2nd unit directors, heh.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Pretty sure Taylor will have a big influence over the look of this film. And I'm excited for his vision.

Ruadh

Ruadh

Directors approve designs...they don't make them. Director's most important job is the acting. Yes, they have influence, but don't forget about concept designers and cinematographers.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

I have no where else to put this but I stumbled onto this 50 year tribute for Thor. It's not bad. I suppose I am just hoping we get to see the elements that make Thor such a fantastic character.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJdCyQwLHpo#ws

KirklandSignature

Me wonder where Loki fits in. He betrayed his fellow Asgardians, invaded Earth and made a deal with some shady characters. Will be be imprisoned or will be be allowed to redeem himself? Not to mention he also did a good deal of murderin when on Earth so I dont see him being allowed out of Asgard.

Nightmare Asylum

I have a feeling that Loki will be imprisoned by Odin and more of a behind-the-scenes character this time around, not actually taking any part in the physical battles.

I can also see him being a little bit more grey rather than a full on villain, especially if they decide to do a redemption story somewhere down the line.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Most likely correct, NA. Loki isn't pure evil.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Aug 29, 2012, 04:10:08 PM
I have a feeling that Loki will be imprisoned by Odin and more of a behind-the-scenes character this time around, not actually taking any part in the physical battles.

I can also see him being a little bit more grey rather than a full on villain, especially if they decide to do a redemption story somewhere down the line.

I'm thinking the same.

Shasvre

Shasvre

A comment from Idris Elba.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=66494

Quote"In the new film we're going to get to know Heimdall the Asgardian a bit better, and we're going to get to know Asgard a bit better. I can't say too much, but the expansion of Thor in his world is going to be huge. My part was very small & functional in the first film, but I still felt very privileged to play him -- especially since Heimdall looks a certain way & has a Nordic lineage -- & here I was playing this character and bringing him to life in a different way. It felt quite groundbreaking to be a part of that."

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Idris Elba

Nightmare Asylum

Excellent...more Heimdell. He was awesome in the first one; can't wait to delve into his character more this time around!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed