Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,087 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

I'm not saying they should have changed more things with the comic mythology. I'm quite pleased as it is and I think they struck a fine balance in the movie. And as Nightmare Asylum pointed out, I'm not asking for the Dark Elves to be on a Chitauri level, just not as barbaric as the Frost Giants. Perhaps not on the same level as Asgard, I'll give you that, but still somewhat advanced.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Tom Hiddleston talks (very briefly) about the film, and talks about his favorite aspects of playing Loki:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=65198

I really can't wait to see more of him. Even with him likely having a smaller role this time around, I know he's going to steal whatever scenes he is in.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

This is going to be awesome.

Shasvre

Shasvre

I want to hear more about Alan Taylor's vision for this movie. I keep imagining a mix between Game of Thrones and Thor, but it might end up looking nothing like that, of course.

Spoiler
And you should really take a look at the Game of Thrones show, Nightmare. ;)
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

I would like to give it a watch eventually, but I don't have HBO or Netflix...Maybe I'll eventually grab the DVD, however :)

But yeah, I am also really excited for the look of the film. I loved Asgard in the first one and can't wait to see more of the city as we saw it, but I also can't wait to get to see a bit of wilderness and, hopefully, some more creatures (something that I want to see a lot more of in the MCU). And, if Asgard ends up looking a lot different this time around (as in, not as perfect and clean looking as it was in the first film), I wonder if it will be explained as a side effect from Odin's "dark energy" that he used to send Thor down to Earth in The Avengers.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Looking at this, it's a lot bigger than what we saw in the first movie.

First Blood

First Blood

This movie needs more Asgard. Hopefully we'll see some of those areas. :)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Forest of the Nightmare Plants sounds like the perfect place for Thor & Co to go on an adventure.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yes to more Asgard.

Also, wouldn't mind seeing those reptile (?) things Thor mentioned in The Avengers (when he was talking to Coulson).

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Aug 06, 2012, 02:46:46 PM
Also, wouldn't mind seeing those reptile (?) things Thor mentioned in The Avengers (when he was talking to Coulson).

Yeah, those (and other creatures) would be cool in the film. Perhaps some more stuff from other realms as well, like the creature from Jotunheim in the first one.

And that map of Asgard is really cool. I'd love to see some more of that explored in the next film.

Ruadh

Ruadh

QuoteExploring Thor's relationship with the Asgardian all-father Odin, as well earthbound companion Jane Foster, "Thor: The Dark World" follows the God of Thunder to The Nine Realms beyond Asgard and earth. And as his evil half-brother, Loki, returns for Asgardian justice, a new threat rises. Also rejoining Thor are his fellow Asgardians, Lady Sif, gatekeeper Heimdall and Warriors Three, as they encounter mythical Norse creatures among evildoers.

So I guess Comicbookmovie.com thinks they're exploring the rest of the realms as well.

Shasvre

Shasvre

It seems like Alice Krige have joined the cast.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=65600

Nightmare Asylum

Would be cool to see more of the Elves' society and structure, should she be confirmed to be their Queen.

Ruadh

Ruadh

I'm sure she must have a role or two that is normal, or simply some dramatic role...but I've never seen any movie with her where she wasn't creepy as f*ck.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ruadh on Aug 13, 2012, 05:24:23 AM
I'm sure she must have a role or two that is normal, or simply some dramatic role...but I've never seen any movie with her where she wasn't creepy as f*ck.

There's Chariots of Fire, but that's about it. Everything else I've seen her in she's like that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed