Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,091 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 11, 2012, 02:22:55 PM
I get where you guys are coming from with Rocket Raccoon, and honestly I wonder how they can pull it off on film as well, but he's just such a fun character :D

Maybe in an animated short before Thor 2 done in the style of the Power Puff Girls. You know? Something that will compliment the idea and give it the freedom to be 'what it is' without having the stress of being a part of a legitimately cool, money maker of a franchise. Otherwise it just feels like putting Howard the Duck in with Superman.

To be fair ... I have no idea about the character. But to take a random a Earth bound mammalian species, give him an Anthropomorphic make over, and have him trotting all over the galaxy fighting the forces of evil ... makes me ... hesitate.

What I'm really looking forward to is Tony Starks reaction to this character should they cross paths.  :laugh:

Shasvre

Shasvre

He wouldn't take any shit from Stark, that's for sure.

He's not exactly a cute little guy, he's more like the Clint Eastwood of the bunch.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's not much about it being illogical, impossible or unbelievable -- but rather how it is silly. Real silly. Not in a good way.

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jul 11, 2012, 02:34:36 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 11, 2012, 02:22:55 PM
I get where you guys are coming from with Rocket Raccoon, and honestly I wonder how they can pull it off on film as well, but he's just such a fun character :D

Maybe in an animated short before Thor 2 done in the style of the Power Puff Girls. You know? Something that will compliment the idea and give it the freedom to be 'what it is' without having the stress of being a part of a legitimately cool, money maker of a franchise. Otherwise it just feels like putting Howard the Duck in with Superman.

To be fair ... I have no idea about the character. But to take a random a Earth bound mammalian species, give him an Anthropomorphic make over, and have him trotting all over the galaxy fighting the forces of evil ... makes me ... hesitate.

What I'm really looking forward to is Tony Starks reaction to this character should they cross paths.  :laugh:
Howard the Duck is Marvel too though,
however there are some Green Lantern characters like Ch'p that are similar

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 11, 2012, 02:40:48 PM
It's not much about it being illogical, impossible or unbelievable -- but rather how it is silly. Real silly. Not in a good way.

These movies are allowed a bit silly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

'Not in a good way' is the key part. There's silly that's bearable and silly that's not. A talking and shooting Raccoon alongside the continuity of The Avengers I'd put in the latter category.

Not trying to prove wrong anyone, of course.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I could see Raphael of TMNT getting into it with a few Marvel characters too ... but I'm sure I'm not alone in my feeling that I'd rather see those interactions play out in a Saturday morning cartoon show or on the floor of the playroom rather than in the middle of a franchise built on a meticulously crafted foundation of believability and trust.

Howard the Duck is Marvel ... I was just contrasting that film with Superman since that was the only popular superhero in film during that time.

On that note: Superman had a dog who also could fly and his name was Krypto. Doesn't mean anyone wants to see him at the end of Man of Steel.  :laugh:

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 11, 2012, 02:45:08 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jul 11, 2012, 02:40:48 PM

These movies are allowed a bit silly.

Emphasis on 'a bit'.

I'll research this Rockets Raccoon guy and chime in again soon.

Shasvre

Shasvre

The thing is, a lot of people couldn't see Thor working in the same universe as Iron Man either, but most of them admited it worked when they saw it. Same thing could go for this one, you just have to wait and give Marvel a chance.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

I had faith in Marvel (for delivering a believable and engaging Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk) and Kenneth Branagh (for his handling of interpreting Shakespearean material to the screen).

So I guess the jury will be out at least until we hear about writers, directors, and details about what direction they are going to take the Racoons effects. It all sounds rather costly to realize considering the limited appeal and success of the character(s) in the comics.

In Marvel we trust!

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Laufey on Jul 11, 2012, 02:54:20 PM
The thing is, a lot of people couldn't see Thor working in the same universe as Iron Man either, but most of them admited it worked when they saw it. Same thing could go for this one, you just have to wait and give Marvel a chance.

Lol what? Who saw that and why would they say that?

I cast my doubts upon this post!

Shasvre

Shasvre

There were a few members on this forums that had their doubts about Thor. I'm sure you could find them if you asked around. And this was hardly the only place. I really don't see what's so hard to believe about that.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Laufey is right.

There was an over all "Ehhhhhh how is this going to work next to Iron Man??" vibe both online and off.

This raccoon business is the same bet ... only the odds and stakes feel way out of proportion in comparison.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jul 11, 2012, 03:36:16 PM
Laufey is right.

There was an over all "Ehhhhhh how is this going to work next to Iron Man??" vibe both online and off.

This raccoon business is the same bet ... only the odds and stakes feel way out of proportion in comparison.
We may not even see rocket meet the avengers, would anyone have a problem if they never met?

Shasvre

Shasvre

I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel changed his apperance and name a bit in the movie, to make him seem less like a racoon. People would probably have an easier time to accept him if he didn't look like a Earth animal so much.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Still don't buy it, doesn't make sense but whatever :) It worked

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed