Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,063 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 28, 2012, 06:51:28 PMThough something I always wondered in Thor was, when he kills Laufey, was that his intention all along or did he change his mind last minute?

I'm pretty sure that was his plan all along. Fake an assassination attempt on the Allfather and get a good reason to wipe out the Frost Giants once and for all, while proving what a loyal and good son he is.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 28, 2012, 06:52:08 PMAny guess on who he will play as?

My guess would be Malekith, but I base that on absolutely nothing. :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 28, 2012, 06:51:28 PM
Though something I always wondered in Thor was, when he kills Laufey, was that his intention all along or did he change his mind last minute?

I believe it was always his intention. Loki seemed to desperately want to rule Asgard, and he hated his past that Odin had kept hidden from him. His plan was essentially killing two birds with one stone, until Thor showed up.

And personally, I quite liked the Destroyer armor. But I want to see more wildlife this time around.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 28, 2012, 06:53:31 PM
My guess would be Malekith, but I base that on absolutely nothing. :laugh:

Bleh, thats a waste...

Shasvre

Shasvre

What makes you say that?

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 28, 2012, 06:58:32 PM
What makes you say that?

He is nothing compared to Thor. Even the sissified movie Thor. We already have a "intelligent" badguy. Surtur would have been a better choice.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Shouldn't they save him for Ragnarok? Might be better for a third movie, in that case.

And Malekith is just a guess of mine, I really have no idea.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 28, 2012, 07:01:08 PM
Shouldn't they save him for Ragnarok? Might be better for a third movie, in that case.

It's not a bad guess. That dudes beady eyes and slight frame scream dark elf.  And yeah, you're right about Surtur.

Prime113

Prime113

I think Malekith is a pretty good guess. He's a pretty consistent villain throughout the series. And, as you said SF, Mads could really pull him off.  :)

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: Xenodog on Jun 28, 2012, 06:51:28 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 28, 2012, 05:45:23 PM
Well, we are supposed to be seeing a bit of a darker Asgard this time around. Whether its those particular creatures or not, I would love to see some wildlife. Really liked the creature that the Frost giants had in the first movie.

This. ^
My biggest gripe with the first film was the Destroyer. Seriously, you have the vast banquet of Norse Mythology before you and you make up a plain robot?

Well...blame Marvel before the film makers.

Besides, he wasn't actually a robot. He was enchanted armor created by Odin.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Prime113 on Jun 28, 2012, 08:10:37 PM
I think Malekith is a pretty good guess. He's a pretty consistent villain throughout the series. And, as you said SF, Mads could really pull him off.  :)

Honestly I was hoping they would use Thanos. It would be a good way to illustrate how powerful both characters are and also open up the realm of Marvels cosmic characters. Ah well.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Laufey on Jun 28, 2012, 07:01:08 PM

If Ragnarok comes into it I want to see Fenris.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Naaaah

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 28, 2012, 08:57:09 PM

Honestly I was hoping they would use Thanos. It would be a good way to illustrate how powerful both characters are and also open up the realm of Marvels cosmic characters. Ah well.
Well if the guardians rumors are true that is what the guardians movie will do

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Quote from: Xenokiller on Jun 29, 2012, 12:29:50 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Jun 28, 2012, 08:57:09 PM

Well if the guardians rumors are true that is what the guardians movie will do

Yeah, I figure BUT... do you want to see an epic battle (and build up) between Thor and Thanos where Odin has to save his ass in the end?

Or...

Ruadh

Ruadh

I bet you'll still get to see Thor go against Thanos...just not in Thor's solo movies.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed