Thor: The Dark World (2013)

Started by Shasvre, Apr 20, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

Author
Thor: The Dark World (2013) (Read 202,046 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Ruadh on May 10, 2012, 05:17:54 PM
Well, there is the deleted scene where Loki tricked Volstagg into thinking Thor's helmet was a chamber pot*. They cleaned it really well after, but I'm sure Thor just can't bring himself to wear it again.

*This scene doesn't exist. It's a joke.

I'd believe it, though. Volstagg must have to sh*t a lot...

Ruadh

Ruadh

My brothers in law eat the same way he does. Within five minutes of eating dinner, they have to go blow up our bathroom. it's a wonder the others still hang out with Volstagg. Even just his name...you know he has smelly poos.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Laufey on Apr 13, 2012, 09:02:27 AM
Some info from Kevin Feige.

http://collider.com/kevin-feige-thor-2-iron-man-3-avengers-sequel-interview/158942/

Put in a spoiler tag because of a very small spoiler from The Avengers.

Spoiler
QuoteHow are the events of The Avengers go into the sequel of Thor? I'm assuming that's being put together or you guys are thinking about it now.

Feige: We start filming in three months, it's well underway. Look, the way The Avengers is constructed, not a lot of time passes over the course of the movie and whether it's Cap or Thor on the ground in the States here in modern day, they don't have a lot of time to deal to deal with their own stories, they've gotta deal with the stories of The Avengers. So while the relationship between Loki and Thor certainly has changed and has progressed, a lot of Thor 2 is picking up where it left off in terms of Jane, who you just saw for a moment on a computer monitor, and also what's been going on in the nine realms without the Asgardians being able to use the Bifrost? I will just say it's not good.

Are you filming that in North Carolina as well?

Feige: No that's in London.

I'm assuming most of the cast is coming back?

Feige: All of the cast is coming back.

I'm assuming you've figured out the villain. Is Loki a big part, is he a minor part?

Feige: Loki has a part, but there will be a different villain, another big villain. But you can't do a Thor movie without Loki.

Are we going to see Odin's vault again? Is anything missing out of the vault or is anyone going after something in the vault?

Feige: You know, it remains to be seen. Whether it's specifically that or along those same lines, the darn thing about the nine realms is that there are a lot of relics. Whether it's a Casket of Ancient Winters or a Tesseract or something else, they wreak a lot of havoc.

How has Thor's growth into a man shaping what you wanna do in the sequel, in terms of him being an adult?

Feige: Well it's sort of the crux of the whole sequel and it's what Hemsworth is most excited about diving into, and it's what is the heart of story; it's Thor and Jane, to continue that dynamic. Really they were only together for three days, and do they love each other? Do they like each other? Do they know each other? We're acknowledging that that love story in the first movie was sort of a quick crush, essentially, over the course of three quick days in the middle of the desert. And [the heart of the movie is also] the relationship between Thor and Odin, which does change drastically as it did over the course of the first movie, and picks up and continues from there.
[close]
Another big villain, who could it be? Not that big on Thor's villains but since its taking place in Asgard and the nine realms I assume The Absorbing man and wrecking crew and Earth foes are out so, Surtur? I would like it if they threw in AT LEAST a REFERENCE, at least, to the Olympian gods

Ruadh

Ruadh

Maybe Enchantress? Would throw a little wrench in the Jane thing.

Also, I suspect...and sorry if I mentioned it before, but I suspect Thor 2 will be the reverse of Thor, where it's Jane (with Erik and Darcy probably) who are the fish out of water as they are yanked into some adventure throughout the realms with Thor.

MudButt

MudButt

That's actually not a bad idea Ruadh.

Enchantress could come in, and I especially love the idea of the earth characters to come into Asgard and have to tag along with Thor in his world.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Ruadh on May 10, 2012, 09:28:02 PM
Maybe Enchantress? Would throw a little wrench in the Jane thing.

Also, I suspect...and sorry if I mentioned it before, but I suspect Thor 2 will be the reverse of Thor, where it's Jane (with Erik and Darcy probably) who are the fish out of water as they are yanked into some adventure throughout the realms with Thor.
Forgto about the Enchantress and Executioner, How am I that stupid  :P

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: MudButt on May 10, 2012, 09:29:01 PM

Enchantress could come in, and I especially love the idea of the earth characters to come into Asgard and have to tag along with Thor in his world.

Thank you sir. I have them from time to time.

I admit I don't know THAT many Thor villains...the only ones I can name are Loki, Enchantress, the Executioner...and I guess Beta Ray Bill, though I know he isn't really one. Was he at first?

Also would love to see someone like Ares.

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Ruadh on May 10, 2012, 09:30:47 PM

I admit I don't know THAT many Thor villains...the only ones I can name are Loki, Enchantress, the Executioner...and I guess Beta Ray Bill, though I know he isn't really one. Was he at first?

I haven't read much on Thor either, I'd assume Laufey would know more then we do. I think when they first met they battled each other, but I don't think he was a villain at first.

Ares would be good too.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: Ruadh on May 10, 2012, 09:30:47 PM

At first he was but then in the midst of battle he picked up mjolnir and bam,
I thought there had been talk of the enchantress before but idk
anyway, yvonne strahovski for the enchantress? That'd be great!

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I'm all for Strahovski as The Enchantress. ;D

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

If Thor ends up taking Jane to Asgard and elsewhere, I really hope it doesn't go down like it did in the comics. I don't want to walk out of the theater hating Odin.

Xenokiller

Xenokiller

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 11, 2012, 12:07:30 AM
If Thor ends up taking Jane to Asgard and elsewhere, I really hope it doesn't go down like it did in the comics. I don't want to walk out of the theater hating Odin.
How did it go in the comics

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Xenokiller on May 11, 2012, 12:15:56 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on May 11, 2012, 12:07:30 AM
How did it go in the comics

She failed her test to become immortal, so Odin wiped all her memories of Thor and dumped her back on Earth. I think the writers just did that to focus on Sif as a love interest.

Ruadh

Ruadh

I think it'd be interesting to have Sif as a rival, since they really didn't play that up in the first movie. But I don't see how that kinda thing needs to happen. COmics are like soap operas as far as how much story they have to constantly be coming up with. Movies are very different.

Plus the memory loss thing was already done in Superman 2.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I'd be fine with Thor taking Jane to Asgard at some point during the movie as long as it's meaningful and happens for a good reason.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed