The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,239 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Myself @ The ending's writing quality:

LastSonofKrypton

The Old One

The Old One

Always.
Spoiler
[close]

Biomechanoid

Vertigo

Couple of news stories:

- One last 'Inside The Episode' was in the can to be shown after the finale, but HBO blocked it out and deleted it. Those are the interview segments with Benioff and Weiss, source of the now-infamous "Dany kinda forgot about the Iron Fleet" quote. Presumably cutting the segment was either a direct reaction to the meme-ification of that previous Inside The Episode, or HBO had some idea of how the finale would be received.

- In episode 3, during the Battle of Winterfell, there were plans for a scene in which a large pack of direwolves take on the wight dragon. This is purely my speculation but perhaps it was intended to be Nymeria's big payoff (Arya's stray direwolf). I can kind of see why it was dropped, as it would just have been a big CGI f**ktacular, but interesting to note that Miguel Sepochnik seems to be implying that it was his decision not to make the sequence. Seems like a surprising level of creative control for a TV director. He also wanted to kill a bunch of people during the battle, including Jorah in the first charge, but was overruled.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

An scene was shoted featuring Cersei losing her son.

https://twitter.com/bb_cersei/status/1139909967803113472

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

With all the extra information now,
I almost believe as though the plot for Jon and Danny's relationship ending was switched with Jaime's and Cersei's ending, and they were supposed to lose at Winterfell and retreat to King's Landing. And everything else is undermined because of that decision, explaining all the disregarded storylines such as Jon asking Daenerys' the pregnancy question from the last Season.

Still Collating...

Whiskeybrewer

That actually would have been a much more bittersweet ending.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jun 20, 2019, 05:50:56 AM
With all the extra information now,
I almost believe as though the plot for Jon and Danny's relationship ending was switched with Jaime's and Cersei's ending, and they were supposed to lose at Winterfell and retreat to King's Landing. And everything else is undermined because of that decision, explaining all the disregarded storylines such as Jon asking Daenerys' the pregnancy question from the last Season.

Very interesting indeed

Biomechanoid

Quote from: Still Collating... on Jun 20, 2019, 10:11:08 AM
This is the best thing I've ever seen.  :laugh:

They did a great job matching the dialogue to the lip movement. Which dictated how nonsensical the dialogue was.

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

Literally lost the plot.

The Old One

The Old One

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

15 hours of bonus content eh?
Maybe the unreleased "Inside the Episode" for the final Episode? Somehow I doubt it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed