The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 460,333 times)

The Old One

The Old One

Shasvre

Shasvre

bb-15

bb-15

Quote from: Erik Lehnsherr on Jun 04, 2019, 01:55:55 PM
My guess is egotism, and contractual obligation.
But I won't badmouth them, they're human after all and who knows,
they probably expected another book by GRRM by Season IV and they were running on vapours ever since. If they got exhausted writing, that's ironic.

This is on the right track imo. The writers are human & they are in a much different situation from when the series started.
In the beginning of GOT, Martin wrote an episode script every season & the writers had his books to base the show on.
- Season 8 was weak because of the lack of help from George RR Martin.

By season 8, Martin had to stop writing scripts because he is way behind on finishing the books for A Song of Ice and Fire. (And he's 70 so time is running out.)
* With no scripts from Martin & no books to help, the producers / writers had a bare outline to work with & they thought it best to end the show with what little story they had rather than risk making the story worse & going completely against what Martin would eventually want in his last book.

* I understand the 1.5 million signature petition but imo the slide in quality at the end was inevitable considering what happened with Martin.

;)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Canon.

Whiskeybrewer

Immortan Jonesy

The1PerfectOrganism

The1PerfectOrganism

lol Imagine a successful prequel series for a story after that ending?
In your dreams HBO.
Viewership won't invest again after the thorough burning endured by the attentive watcher.

The Old One

The Old One

True.

Voodoo Magic

Yeah, I'm not interested now. It's funny how an extremely bad ending can do that.

The Old One

The Old One

Because you're left with the distinct feeling the story you adore is actually unfinished
Because it's ending's level of incompetence is genuinely unbelievable.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: The Old One on Jun 19, 2019, 03:08:14 PM
Because you're left with the distinct feeling that the story you cared about was never actually finished.

Destroyed may be more apropos.

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 19, 2019, 03:12:12 PM
Quote from: The Old One on Jun 19, 2019, 03:08:14 PM
Because you're left with the distinct feeling that the story you cared about was never actually finished.

Destroyed may be more apropos.

Dismembered sounds more accurate

The Kurgan

Disemboweled?

BigDaddyJohn

I'll probably give it a shot, but it's true my enthusiasm has dropped quite a lot.

LastSonofKrypton

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed