The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,319 times)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2014, 04:21:19 AM
Thinking about it more, I really wish that
Spoiler
Jaime and Tyrion's conversation from the book was on screen. Without it, the aftermath of the prison break, including Tywin's excellently executed death, loses a bit of its punch. Same goes for Tyrion's motivation moving forward.
[close]

Spoiler
I always thought it was a little dumb, to be honest. Like, Tyrion's true love is out there! sort of thing. And Tyrion's moping and 'wherever whores go' was nauseating in ADWD.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 16, 2014, 02:13:39 PM
Spoiler
Jaime and Tyrion's conversation from the book was on screen. Without it, the aftermath of the prison break, including Tywin's excellently executed death, loses a bit of its punch. Same goes for Tyrion's motivation moving forward.
[close]

Spoiler
I always thought it was a little dumb, to be honest. Like, Tyrion's true love is out there! sort of thing. And Tyrion's moping and 'wherever whores go' was nauseating in ADWD.
[close]

Spoiler
I don't expect him to ever find her, it's just kind of the way it effects his relationship with his father and brother afterward. But they still handled the Tywin scene spectacularly.
[close]

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2014, 02:44:46 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Jun 16, 2014, 02:13:39 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
I don't expect him to ever find her, it's just kind of the way it effects his relationship with his father and brother afterward. But they still handled the Tywin scene spectacularly.
[close]

Spoiler
Yeah, it's better anyways because then it'd be like oh jaimie and tyrion are best bros but wait jamie is a liar and now tyrion hates him lets kill daddy now.

This way it showed that someone cared for him in his god awful family. Tywin was a great character, Charles Dance did wonderful, but damn he deserved to die like a b**ch that's for sure.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 16, 2014, 02:48:12 PM
Spoiler
Yeah, it's better anyways because then it'd be like oh jaimie and tyrion are best bros but wait jamie is a liar and now tyrion hates him lets kill daddy now.
[close]

I never really felt like that.
Spoiler
I was under the impression that it was because Jaime cared for him that he confessed. Tyrion was understandably pissed, but I think that, if they ever meet again, they may find some way to mend their relationship.

Speaking of Jaime, I was hoping that he would push Cersei away.
[close]

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Spoiler
Given all the theories about Jon Snow,
[close]
I got serious chills when Jon and Mel locked eyes across the flames.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jun 16, 2014, 04:17:21 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Definitely. Best shot in the episode, in my opinion.

Eva

Eva

Quote from: That Yellow Alien on Jun 16, 2014, 04:17:21 PM
Spoiler
[close]

^^^ This. Great scene. Great episode. And so begins the long wait for Season 5....

MudButt

MudButt

About 10 months to go I assume..

DIS DAMN WAIT.

pray they shoot season 5&6 back to back lolz even tho they wont those bastards and that damn martin taking forever to write the damn books

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: MudButt on Jun 16, 2014, 04:23:01 PM
that damn martin taking forever to write the damn books

Yup :D At least we have The World of Ice and Fire coming this year to help ease the wait a tad.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Martin's probably given the showrunners his plans to finish the book series and how most of the plot points tie up.

At least i hope he did.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yeah, they've said that they know how it ends. So when they alter stories,
Spoiler
like Jojen for example,
[close]
it makes me wonder just what they know about the future that renders some of the events we've already read subject to potential change.

The next few years, as the show progresses and catches up to and passes ADwD and (hopefully) we get the next book are going to be extremely interesting.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 16, 2014, 04:34:49 PM
Yeah, they've said that they know how it ends. So when they alter stories,
Spoiler
like Jojen for example,
[close]
it makes me wonder just what they know about the future that renders some of the events we've already read subject to potential change.

Spoiler
I'm guessing Jojen kicks the bucket in TWOW. He's barely going at the end of ADWD.
[close]

MudButt

MudButt

I just hope season 5 and 6 have some sex scenes for Pod..

First Blood

First Blood

I thought it was a great finale.

Spoiler
Seeing Stannis and Co. show up like a bunch of badasses was great. 8)

The fight between The Hound and Brienne was brutal as f**k. I think I love Brienne even more now.

That was some Army of Darkness shit right there... :laugh:

Tyrion and the scene with his father was excellent.
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 16, 2014, 05:12:32 PM
I think I love Brienne even more now.
Same, that is a woman:-*

Unf.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed