The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,313 times)

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Jul 17, 2013, 10:48:05 PMPS: are they doing a GOT panel at this years Comic-Con?
They sure are.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/thrones-comic-con-panel-lineup-revealed/

Quote from: Eva on Jul 17, 2013, 10:48:05 PMDidn't they also express how nice the actor playing Joffrey is in real life? :D
Everybody keeps saying that Jack Gleeson is the nicest guy on set. :)

Quote from: Eva on Jul 17, 2013, 10:48:05 PMYeah, as if, girls... we know better than that.
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Season 3 finished.
I feel burned out after watching it.

Spoiler
The red wedding. It was everything I feared as the episode built up, and even it's massive, memetic reputation failed to precede to it's colossal impact.
But it wasn't just that, but the aftermath in Myhsa too. The scene of "Here comes the King in the North, the King in the North, the King in the North" struck me very hard too.  How Robb's body (not that you could recognise him) was desecrated and paraded around like that was just...

I watched Season 1, Episode 1 after I was done to remind myself of what the House Stark once was.
[close]

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Shasvre on Jul 17, 2013, 10:57:12 PM
Quote from: Eva on Jul 17, 2013, 10:48:05 PMYeah, as if, girls... we know better than that.
Spoiler

Spoiler
[close]
[close]

Touche :D

Spoiler
[close]

That panel better get up on youtube soon... and the X-Files one as well.

KNIGHT

KNIGHT

No idea if this was posted yet, apparently they showed a deleted scene at Comic-Con for Season 3.

Spoiler

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: KNIGHT on Jul 21, 2013, 12:39:26 AM
No idea if this was posted yet, apparently they showed a deleted scene at Comic-Con for Season 3.

Spoiler
Wow. That really should have been kept in.
Spoiler
I'm sure they could have removed a Theon torture scene for that... or at least cut down some stuff with Pod's girth. It was basically the follow-up to the scene where Tywin skins the stag (Baratheon) in Season 1, but with the fish (Tully) here... perhaps they thought the pattern may be too noticeable?
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 21, 2013, 01:52:44 PM
Quote from: KNIGHT on Jul 21, 2013, 12:39:26 AM

Spoiler
Wow. That really should have been kept in.
Spoiler
I'm sure they could have removed a Theon torture scene for that... or at least cut down some stuff with Pod's girth. It was basically the follow-up to the scene where Tywin skins the stag (Baratheon) in Season 1, but with the fish (Tully) here... perhaps they thought the pattern may be too noticeable?
[close]

I agree it should have been kept in.
Spoiler
Partly because it's oen of the very, very few times we see Tywin do something non-work related and actually kick back.

Though I think the repetetive element foreshadowing as you said was why it was cut.
[close]

Valaquen

Valaquen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrQHTHFJld8#ws

Richard Madden walks in at 13:00 for a great interview. Spoilers for the series, of course. Enjoy.

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

I don't think I've ever despised anyone as much as Joffrey and Theon.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: DJ Pu$$yface on Jul 22, 2013, 08:09:40 AM
I don't really feel like that for Theon, but I can agree with you on Joffrey.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I quite like Joffrey, he's steadfast and committed in his bastardliness. Might be indicative that I need therapy.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Why Theon?

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 23, 2013, 11:45:05 PM
I quite like Joffrey, he's steadfast and committed in his bastardliness. Might be indicative that I need therapy.
Why don't you step into my office?

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jul 24, 2013, 12:27:46 AM
Why Theon?

Spoiler
As I work my way through season 2, he's more like a treacherous prick. Especially after capturing Winterfell. What about all they've given him, and the Starks? For what, to impress his d*ck father and his people? If there is the implied moral conflict I would hope he finds some sort of redemption. But I digress.
[close]
Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 23, 2013, 11:45:05 PM

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Personally, Theon is one of my favourite characters.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Theon is a little bit like Jaime.  Just a dude, neither truly evil or truly good.  Even though I think Jaime started off "good" had his lowest moment doing a "good" thing, then because of the repercussions fell into a little bit of bastardness, and thanks to Brienne is working his way out of it.  The show Jaime is worse than the book Jaime though.

Theon is just arrogant, foolhardy, and prideful.  Not a good combination in any life, but especially not a GOT life.

Joeffrey is a product of his environment (and maybe genetics).  It is interesting to note that in the books it is noted that when House Targaryen wed brother and sister their children had no physical deformities but that lots of them went mad instead.  Maybe the same thing here.  Of course it could be that he's been raised with a silver spoon in his mouth and nobody to tell him "no".  Except Tywin and Tyrion.  It would help if Jaime established himself as a "fatherly" "Uncle".  And if King Robert had established himself as a "step"dad.

The real bastards of the show are the crazies like Ramsey Snow (Bolton), Lord Tywin (even though he vaguely makes sense in a crazy sort of way), the traitors Walder Frey, Lord Bolton, etc.

Spoiler
The omission that pissed me off the most about this season was the exclusion of Greatjon Umber.  Greatjon was a beast and one of the few loyal men to Robb (after his direwolf bit off his fingers) throughout his campaign.  It bothers me that it looks like he has no loyal men, especially when it takes like ten dudes to restrain him during the Romeo Whiskey.
[close]

Spoiler
It will also be interesting to see how they do some things with the Book 4 ideas.  Arys Oakheart was never mentioned as having sailed to Dorne with Myrcella, and Balon Swann hasn't been mentioned either.  Both are/will be important in Dorne affairs.  It will also be interesting to see what they will do for the second half of Storm with the current omission of the Kettlebacks.  Since they play a big part with Cersai pov chapters in the future.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed