The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,165 times)

Gates

Gates

Stormborn
The Imp
Margaery
Syrio Forel
The Spider (how has no one mentioned the Spider!?!)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm not going to make a list; there's too many characters I love to narrow it down. Rather, I'm just going to list one name, one name that I find criminally overlooked and unfairly treated.

Theon Greyjoy.

Nobody seems to love Theon (fans included), and that's why he's one of my favourites. He's easily the most conflicted character in the saga, and one of the most memorable, constantly faced with impossible choices. He had to live up to the legacy of two great houses, an impossible task for any man, doubly so for this ill-prepared boy. His father-figure was his captor, his real father abandoned him as a child. The Starks and the Greyjoys were historical enemies and bitter rivals, with much bad blood between them, and here he was, being raised in the middle of this conflict; his adoptive and biological families pulling him in completely opposite directions. No matter what choice he made, he would betray someone, and be hated by many. Always trying to hold up the facade of power and confidence, but never truly having either. And now, the situation he's in... no one deserves to be treated like that.

Theon's story is one of constant hardships and undeserving hatred and blame, unfair choices and out of control situations. I can only hope it leads to redemption in the end.

Shoutout to Davos Seaworth, too.

Valaquen

Valaquen

.. I like Theon. Helps to have read the books to get the fuller picture.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Most of the people I talk to (even some people who have read the books) can't stand him.

Valaquen

Valaquen

:(

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I know. It boggles my mind.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Theon is neither here nor there for me. I find his character interesting and he's had some excellent scenes in the show, but I wouldn't exactly say that I like him. Maybe feel bad for him a bit though.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

In the books he's simultaneously a butt monkey and a massive prick. I can't speak for his TV portrayal.

coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 01, 2013, 02:16:25 PM
Most of the people I talk to (even some people who have read the books) can't stand him.

I was like that up until the point where he said
Spoiler
his real father lost his head in Kings Landing
[close]
. Then I started feeling sorry for him.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Jaime and Brienne are becoming my favourite characters in the show :)

dat Jaime monologue... Jesus. :)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: coolbreeze on May 01, 2013, 04:37:10 PM
Quote from: SpaceMarines on May 01, 2013, 02:16:25 PM

I was like that up until the point where he said
Spoiler
his real father lost his head in Kings Landing
[close]
. Then I started feeling sorry for him.

The scene that always gets me with Theon is in the second season, the letter to Robb in his hands, torn apart over whether to send it or burn it.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Theon is one of my favorites, but he's not prominent enough this season to really maintain a place on a 'top 5' (as that seems to be what we're doing) kind of list. Pretty certain he's Sticks' favorite character.

ace3g

ace3g

Jeff Sneider @TheInSneider
BREAKING: GAME OF THRONES star EMILIA CLARKE to play a stripper in James Franco's adaptation of Andre Dubus III's THE GARDEN OF LAST DAYS.

m41guy

m41guy

I don't want to call myself a fan of Theon, per say.  But, he is definetely one of the more interesting characters by book five.  I still can't find myself to like Jaime but I've got lots of respect for him. 

I really like Davos, more than a few of my favorite scenes were stolen by him, one of them will be next season.

Thoros, I wish he had been seen in the first season to see how he changed from then to now.  *hint, he was a big, fat drunkard like Robert*

The GreatJon Umber, I'm really upset that he isn't in this season...

The Queen of Thorns

Asha Greyjoy

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Aye, the Greatjon has been sorely missed since Season 1. There's not enough Northern Lords shown backing up Robb in the show, and most of them seem to have their faith wavering. Greatjon would be a great way to balance that dynamic; a loud, large, powerful man wholly behind the King in the North.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed