The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 471,411 times)

m41guy

m41guy

Completely

I really hate how it seems his Army seems to be only made of Karstarks, Boltons, and Tullys now. 

I miss all the other lords too who should at least been able to make the same amount of screentime they had when they crowned Robb, even if it's mostly in the background just to make appearances. 

The Mormont women, Maege(Jeor's sister) and Dacey.  Two more fierce, warrior(if minor) female characters too. 

Valaquen

Valaquen

There was no excuse not to have the Greatjon this season, because according to Clive Mantell they simply didn't ask him back. The Northern lords that assemble around Robb are a close knit group. Harken back to the "your meat - is bloody tough!" scene in season one. That's the first and last time we got a sense of Northern closeness and fraternity. If I have any complaint about the series, it's that. They don't even need characters with dialogue; maybe just a few familiar faces standing around the scenes would've sufficed.

m41guy

m41guy

Exactly.  They are leaving out A LOT of the build up for the Northman and the Starks and what makes the Northmen/Starks my favorite of all the people of Westoros and the Free Cities(Braavos and Dorne tied for 2nd  ;D).  To hear they didn't even plan on having a characters like the Greatjon not included (when he's a pretty big deal as well as the others I mentioned in my other post(s) ), and the Manderleys, it almost breaks the heart.  They will have to bring them in sometime.

EEV2650

EEV2650

I really want to see how Euron Greyjoy will be potrayed. The guy seems like a real pirate to the core.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

My brother left town this morning to work elsewhere.

This is gonna be the first episode that he and I didn't watch together. :'(

EEV2650

EEV2650

Need I say another good episode?

Spoiler
Haha, the red priestess took Gendry off to f**k him to death  :D. Looks like he'll finally be told he's a Baratheon. I really hope him and Arya will end up together and unite Houses Stark and Baratheon the way Robert and Ned wanted.
[close]

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Great episode.

Poor Theon.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Like EEV said, it's getting to the point where it's almost needless to say it's been another great episode.  :D

This was indeed that, Theon's torture continued to make me squirm like none other and at a more intense level. Alfie Allen sells the pain and unbelievable agony so well that I wish he was worse at it. Good lord. Pretty sure the guy torturing him is Roose Bolton's son and they're in the rarely mentioned Dreadfort.

Spoiler
Loved Littlefinger's end monologue; the future isn't looking bright for anyone, even with the ray of light (literally) shining through for Jon and his lovely now-lady Ygritte. I had a feeling Melisandre was coming for Gendry when she told Stannis she would need another the bore a king's blood... interested in seeing how that turns out and where she ends up taking him. Despite their seemingly opportunistic nature, I really do like The Brotherhood Without Banners and their crew... I think Aria will fit in nicely with them as she grows up.

And one last thing Ros' death really took me off guard (well her killer at least, bastard) in it's presentation; I think not actually seeing the act made it that much more horrific to see. Once Littlefinger brought her up to Vary's though, I knew she was a goner.
[close]

Shasvre

Shasvre

The climb was quite suspenseful and I loved the scene with Jon and Ygritte on top of the wall.

Spoiler
Shame about Ros though. :(

[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
It's going to feel so good seeing Joffrey get what's coming to him.
[close]

I can't wait to see what they'll do with Gendry, as that part was never in the books. I suppose...

[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
...he will take the place of that other Baratheon bastard from the books. I can't remember his name right now, but I think Davos saved him from being sacrificed by Melisandre.
[close]
[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL1hG3xrKb0#ws

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Shasvre, you might wanna fix up your second [BOOK SPOILERS] section.

Eva

Eva

Can't wait to watch it myself. Maybe tomorrow I'll find the time. :)

First Blood

First Blood

I loved tonights episode.

The scene between Joffery and Tywin was just brilliant. Show's even his Grandfather won't take any shit from him. And that last act in the episode, had me on the edge of my seat. Love the relationship between Jaime and Brienne. It's becoming a favorite in the show. Jaime himself is becoming a very redeeming character. Far different from the person he was in Season One.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Aye, the scene with Joffrey and Tywin was great. As was Daenerys offering her gift. 8)

About Talisa's pregnancy...

[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
Spoiler
Guess that pretty much seals her fate at the Red Wedding, seeing as how they can't let her live now that she carries Robb's heir.
[close]
[close]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJG2wQAh47g#ws

I wonder if that scene with Joffrey and Tyrion is Tyrion telling him that...

[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
Spoiler
...he knew or suspected that Joffrey was the one that sent the assassin after Bran in Season 1.
[close]
[close]

Also, do you guys think they'll get to Joffrey's wedding this season? I can see how that would be a great finale.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Shasvre on May 13, 2013, 09:09:52 AM
I wonder if that scene with Joffrey and Tyrion is Tyrion telling him that...

[BOOK SPOILERS]

Spoiler
Spoiler
...he knew or suspected that Joffrey was the one that sent the assassin after Bran in Season 1.
[close]
[close]
Spoiler
Definitely Tyrion's threat to geld Joffrey if he touches Sansa.
[close]
QuoteAlso, do you guys think they'll get to Joffrey's wedding this season? I can see how that would be a great finale.
Spoiler
Nope, maybe episode 2 of season 4 - GRRM said he wrote that one on his blog. We can't have the wedding without the Martells on the scene.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed