The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread

Started by Shasvre, Apr 19, 2011, 10:36:01 PM

Author
The SONG OF ICE AND FIRE Thread (Read 467,272 times)

Shasvre

Eva

Eva

There will be blood...

You sport a great sig there. Why didn't I think of that - it's so obvious when you think about it. :D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Eva on Mar 17, 2013, 01:20:23 PMYou sport a great sig there. Why didn't I think of that - it's so obvious when you think about it. :D

Thanks. Credit for both the set and the idea goes to Vickers though. :)

Eva

Eva

^ Not surprising - Vickers could transform a pic of Honey Boo Boo into Nicole Kidman and persuade Cvalda to use it as her sig in the process. :D

Quote from: m41guy on Mar 16, 2013, 08:39:46 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 16, 2013, 01:05:37 PM
Quote from: Eva on Mar 16, 2013, 02:25:29 AM
Spoiler
Yeah... those are some brutal deaths. I'm guessing we won't get to the red wedding events until season 4 though.
[close]
Spoiler
They're happening episode 9. Benioff, Weiss, etc have all commented on it happening.
[close]

Spoiler
Not to mention, the title for Ep 9 is fittingly "The Rains of Castamere".

But yeah that is Stannis in the voiceover.  I wonder if they take it from the scene where he burns the leaches and claiming the lives of the other kings, Joffery, Robb, and Balon. Or if it's just for the commercial.
[close]

Ok, thanx guys. I didn't notice this. I guess this season will end with an emotional earthquake then.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 16, 2013, 12:54:20 AM
Yesterday, I told First Blood about all the f**ked up things that goes down in the third book. I'm surprised his mind could handle all of that stuff at once. :laugh:

Dude, I have to read A Storm of Swords. And with that, Seasons 3 & 4 are going to be amazing. :laugh: :'(

Shasvre

Shasvre

Are you gonna read it before Season 3 airs? :)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 17, 2013, 03:07:12 PM
Are you gonna read it before Season 3 airs? :)

Unfortunately I am just not going to have the time.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

I just got the three trailers together, and made an edit that lasts for 2 minutes. Personally, I think it's a pretty cool cut of the trailers if I say so myself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF63H58CYAQ#ws

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 04:58:40 PM
I just got the three trailers together, and made an edit that lasts for 2 minutes. Personally, I think it's a pretty cool cut of the trailers if I say so myself: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF63H58CYAQ#ws
Not bad, not bad at all. :)

That song that was used in the first trailer released, what is it called?

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 17, 2013, 05:01:55 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 04:58:40 PM
Not bad, not bad at all. :)

That song that was used in the first trailer released, what is it called?

Thanks. I never realised how difficult it would actually be. I thought it would be as simple as just throwing them together, but I had to rearrange scenes because obviously some shots appear in each trailer.

The song is called Bones by MS MR :D

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 05:04:10 PMThe song is called Bones by MS MR :D

Thanks. I must say, HBO have made very fine choices of music for their GoT trailer, with this years choice and Florence and the Machine's Seven Devils for Season 2. It's a shame they never had a trailer like that for the first season. Or did they? I must admit I never watched any promo material for Season 1.

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 17, 2013, 05:10:25 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 05:04:10 PMThe song is called Bones by MS MR :D

Thanks. I must say, HBO have made very fine choices of music for their GoT trailer, with this years choice and Florence and the Machine's Seven Devils for Season 2. It's a shame they never had a trailer like that for the first season. Or did they? I must admit I never watched any promo material for Season 1.

Nope they never. It began with Season 2. And I agree, I think they've done a great job. In general, I think the marketing for Game of Thrones is pretty good. I think the poster for Season 3 has been the weakest...but, still good! Two weeks to go, I imagine the marketing will start to pick up. We're due another trailer tomorrow, that is supposed to be 2 minutes long. :D

Ruadh

Ruadh

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 05:04:10 PM
Thanks. I never realised how difficult it would actually be. I thought it would be as simple as just throwing them together, but I had to rearrange scenes because obviously some shots appear in each trailer.

That's exactly what I was thinking when you posted the link, but damn well done.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 05:14:08 PMI think the poster for Season 3 has been the weakest...but, still good!

I agree. I think the whole shadow thing worked great in the newspaper though, splashed across the pages.

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 05:14:08 PMWe're due another trailer tomorrow, that is supposed to be 2 minutes long. :D

Oh, sweet. :)

Michael Harper

Michael Harper

Quote from: Ruadh on Mar 17, 2013, 05:14:33 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 05:04:10 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking when you posted the link, but damn well done.

:) Thanks

Quote from: Shasvre on Mar 17, 2013, 05:19:40 PM
Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 05:14:08 PMI think the poster for Season 3 has been the weakest...but, still good!

I agree. I think the whole shadow thing worked great in the newspaper though, splashed across the pages.

Quote from: Michael Harper on Mar 17, 2013, 05:14:08 PMWe're due another trailer tomorrow, that is supposed to be 2 minutes long. :D

Oh, sweet. :)

According to someone who saw the trailer, it is 2 minutes long, and they noted that we see
Spoiler
Daario and new dragon shots.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed