The eggs on the derelict (Aliens)

Started by Infected, Apr 01, 2011, 08:38:25 PM

Author
The eggs on the derelict (Aliens) (Read 16,300 times)

bleau

bleau

Agree. Anything beyond that is just speculation.

SM

SM

QuoteHas anyone taken into consideration that maybe they weren't after the alien in Alien 3, but were after the queen in Ripley?

No they were after whatever they could get - more likely a hugger or full grown Alien.  There's a good chance they knew Ripley was carrying, but they only knew she had a Queen after she scanned herself.

In regards to Bishop - there's nothing to suggest he was "big name".  Considering the time it took the Patna to get to Fiorina (inside of a week Andrews said - which ended up being true), it likely came from a nearby colony - where Bishop was already stationed - rather than Sol.

bleau

bleau

Quote from: SM on Apr 15, 2011, 11:28:15 PM
QuoteHas anyone taken into consideration that maybe they weren't after the alien in Alien 3, but were after the queen in Ripley?

No they were after whatever they could get - more likely a hugger or full grown Alien.  There's a good chance they knew Ripley was carrying, but they only knew she had a Queen after she scanned herself.

In regards to Bishop - there's nothing to suggest he was "big name".  Considering the time it took the Patna to get to Fiorina (inside of a week Andrews said - which ended up being true), it likely came from a nearby colony - where Bishop was already stationed - rather than Sol.

Well, that makes sense to me. :)

StrangeShape

Too much of a coincidence. In that case I would champion the idea of Bishop II being a droid with fake blood. Id prefer him to be droid anyway for other reasons anyway

SiL

SiL

Or, y'know, really good luck for the Company.

SM

SM

QuoteToo much of a coincidence.

Why?  Why have colonies if everyone lives on Earth?  There could've been stacks of colonies within a week of Fiorina.  Especially if you have a fast ship - and a pressing need.  And Earth was likely not much more than two weeks away (if that).  They talk about "the ass end of space" and "end of the totem pole".  But that might just mean there's no more colonies beyond Fiorina in that quadrant.

The novel talks about a ship nearby in transit to Motinea.  Whether that was Patna is unclear.  And unlikely.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Apr 16, 2011, 04:07:00 AM
QuoteToo much of a coincidence.

Why?  Why have colonies if everyone lives on Earth?  There could've been stacks of colonies within a week of Fiorina.  Especially if you have a fast ship - and a pressing need.  And Earth was likely not much more than two weeks away (if that).  They talk about "the ass end of space" and "end of the totem pole".  But that might just mean there's no more colonies beyond Fiorina in that quadrant.

The novel talks about a ship nearby in transit to Motinea.  Whether that was Patna is unclear.  And unlikely.

What I meant was that its too much of a coincidence to have Bishop's designer just be near. Plus, big shots wouldnt travel with rescue teams and risk themselves, they would stay in their offices. Mike Bishop was someone who wanted alien badly, and we see it in the movie, it wasnt just some mission he just happened to be passing nearby, it was something he was passionate about. And he was a "friendly face"

SM

SM

If the Bio Weapons guys set out as soon as they received telemetry from the marines cameras - they could start out before there was even an emergency on the Sulaco and Ripley's crash on Fiorina.

When they find out where Ripley is, they change course and head to Fiorina instead of LV-426.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Apr 16, 2011, 07:38:28 AM
If the Bio Weapons guys set out as soon as they received telemetry from the marines cameras - they could start out before there was even an emergency on the Sulaco and Ripley's crash on Fiorina.

When they find out where Ripley is, they change course and head to Fiorina instead of LV-426.

Im fine with that. I just dont believe that Patna just happened to be around doing somehting else and was rerouted to Fury

SM

SM

I don't think anyone would believe that.  Bishop was sent to Fiorina on purpose.

StrangeShape

Quote from: SM on Apr 16, 2011, 07:55:19 AM
I don't think anyone would believe that. 

Well,

Quote from: pred169 on Apr 15, 2011, 02:38:06 PM

So... I think (a.) THAT team wasn't the rescue team that was sent, I think that was a science team that was already in that sector.

wmmvrrvrrmm

wmmvrrvrrmm

I've always preferred the idea that the Patna was following the Sulaco but keeping a distance, just in case something interesting happened.

It's a pessimistic perspective

SM

SM

I don't agree, but it's possible.

pred169

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 16, 2011, 08:01:29 AM
Quote from: SM on Apr 16, 2011, 07:55:19 AM
I don't think anyone would believe that. 

QuoteWell,

Quote from: pred169 on Apr 15, 2011, 02:38:06 PM

So... I think (a.) THAT team wasn't the rescue team that was sent, I think that was a science team that was already in that sector.

Yeah, not a rescue team a science team. And yeah I think they could have been in another sector, sent to investigate the sulaco, and then got rerouted to fury once the datastream came through that the EEV had crashed with Ripley on board.
I don't see where that's such a stretch. If you were the head of a bio-weapons division wouldn't you want your experts to investigate?

SM

SM

Why were they investigating the Sulaco?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed