Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,438 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: AliceApocalypse on Jan 13, 2014, 08:11:58 PM
Hopefully Hulu picks up the remake soon :)

Pretty sure the reimagined series is on Netflix, if you have that. If you haven't seen the show, it comes with my highest recommendation.

Rong

Rong

Appreciate the lengthy reply.

Quote from: BANE on Jan 13, 2014, 04:58:19 PM
Aaaaaand fun times gone.

No, that is not a genuine complaint I have about the show, I was merely alluding to a common remark people have made about the upper body nudity on the show. Which, in my opinion, is not frequent or excessive in any way, and nor am I shallow enough to allow such things to affect my opinion of a show. Etc, etc... with the legal-esque disclaimers.

Sorry mang was 2:45 am my tone detector goes offline about 11pm, Edit( also the nudity increases significantly in the second season, but its still a totally invalid complaint)

My real problems with the show are probably due to the fact that this was billed to me as a comedy-drama rather than a drama with attempts at comedy here and there. So I was already expecting the wrong things, and so I was severely disappointed. Not once did I laugh. Not once did I smile. So I didn't enjoy it at all.
So your expectations weren't met, that doesn't make it bad show ahha, you didn't laugh once... you f**king daywalker, how didn't you laugh once...

Now, on to the drama aspect of it. I'm certainly sure that it's a decent depiction of life for a twenty-something in New York struggling to find their way as a writer with an annoying moron, a beauty and a gypsy for friends. I don't doubt that it's accurate in that regard (I have no way of verifying this). But it's depressing as hell to see these useless characters constantly make decisions I'm completely baffled by.

Its a drama then, ill agree some / all of the characters are totally unlikeable but they are nuanced, just like real people, i can see myself and some people i know in the characters on the show, and yeah it makes me cringe and get angry, but thats a hallmark of great drama for me.

I'll use an analogy with Eastbound and Down, which I know you like; alot of people find Stevie funny. I don't know about you, but I find him a very sad, pathetic character, and any humour I could have derived from him is replaced by an intense sadness and depression at how pathetic he is.
Again with Stevie he is sad pathetic, but only as sad an pathetic as Kenny is, that said he's pretty much Kennys only real friend and is loyal as f**k, i don't know if you watched through much of eastbound, he does have character progression, i like stevie his kinda endearing in a weird way.

With Girls, Hannah depresses the absolute shit out of me, and I get angry when she constantly makes dumb choices in her love, social and work life. I get frustrated and I want to jump in and go "f**k's sake, do this, this and this". Obviously there's a personality clash, and this just ruins the show for me.

So I say sure, it's good drama. But the first season so utterly crushed me that I couldn't watch anything else.

Tell me, does it get any better in season 2 and 3 or is everyone exactly the same? Further, why do you like the show?

Again there is some character progression but if you can't deal with the frustration i'd say give it a miss.

BANE

BANE

Quotealso the nudity increases significantly in the second season, but its still a totally invalid complaint
Not really a complaint as much as it is a neutral observation.  ;)

QuoteSo your expectations weren't met, that doesn't make it bad show ahha, you didn't laugh once... you f**king daywalker, how didn't you laugh once...
Fair enough. I see it as a bad show.

QuoteIts a drama then, ill agree some / all of the characters are totally unlikeable but they are nuanced, just like real people, i can see myself and some people i know in the characters on the show, and yeah it makes me cringe and get angry, but thats a hallmark of great drama for me.
Well for starters I can't really see myself in any of these characters. Which addresses a concern I've been having for awhile; under representation of male gingers in the media. We currently have one prominent redhead on TV, whom we must all give thanks for (His Lankiness Conan O'Brien). If even one of them was ginger I could see myself in them. But alas, they're all regular shades of white and that boring black or brown hair.

QuoteAgain with Stevie he is sad pathetic, but only as sad an pathetic as Kenny is, that said he's pretty much Kennys only real friend and is loyal as f**k, i don't know if you watched through much of eastbound, he does have character progression, i like stevie his kinda endearing in a weird way.
I mean, he's loyal like a dog and about as independent and intelligent, but Jesus I feel sad when I watch him.

And I've watched three seasons. To be honest I thought it had ended, but I hear there's a fourth...any good?

Aspie

Aspie

lol he used a Ron gif

BANE

BANE

We oftentimes trade places for weeks on end.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: BANE on Jan 14, 2014, 01:46:03 AM
And I've watched three seasons. To be honest I thought it had ended, but I hear there's a fourth...any good?

The fourth season is the best, apparently the actress who played April, pulled out of the second season at the last minute to act in Mike and Molly forcing them to rewrite the entire 2 season in a week or something so that explains the drop in quality of the second and 3rd seasons.

Quote from: BANE on Jan 14, 2014, 01:46:03 AM

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lwg6l5kkrI1qzjix8.gif

Also aspie, next season is the last season of the newsroom.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/aaron-sorkins-newsroom-renewed-third-669973

Aspie

Aspie

NO.

No.

no.

Rong

Rong

Welcome to hbo mothafcker

BANE

BANE

Lemme educate you racist motherf**kers on ginger culture.

We don't have souls. But what are souls? Well, souls are the source of morality, kindness and conscientiousness. It's what stops people from killing each other, and what would stop me from cutting your face off and wearing it like a mask while your skeleton screams and screams in agony. And gingers apparently don't have souls. Yet you continue to mock us and provoke us, taunt us and kick us...

Such a nice face...

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Jan 14, 2014, 02:02:18 AM

We don't have souls. But what are souls? Well, souls are the source of morality, kindness and conscientiousness. It's what stops people from killing each other, and what would stop me from cutting your face off and wearing it like a mask while your skeleton screams and screams in agony. And gingers apparently don't have souls. Yet you continue to mock us and provoke us, taunt us and kick us...

Such a nice face...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

There'll eventually be a ginger Doctor. Don't lose hope.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: BANE on Jan 14, 2014, 02:02:18 AM

Such a nice face...

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/311729

SpaceMarines

Rong

Rong

Hahaha I dare you to kick him

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed