Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 500,045 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Aspie on Jan 12, 2014, 05:54:20 AM
Tell me about it. I've been posting with my Ipad recently, and BANE has been destroying me. :P
Believe it or not, Batman has had the exact same problem:

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 12, 2014, 05:53:25 AM
It's fine, it just provided me with the mental representation of all three seasons having an orgy.

Is it bad that I wouldn't put that past HBO?

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 12, 2014, 05:55:24 AM
Tell me about it. I've been posting with my Ipad recently, and BANE has been destroying me. :P

Rong

Rong

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jan 12, 2014, 05:02:18 AM

Space Dandy Episode 2

Dayum son, this episode made me hungry. :laugh:

Poor Meow

Spoiler
Didn't get his ramen. :'( :laugh:
[close]

Also watched ep2 Loved the wormhole sequence, the animation is Devine, the colour palette is unlike anything else, and dat ST once again, as for the narrative wtf hahaha

Kill la kill ep 2

The show feels like it's a lot shorter than it is, it does seem formulaic but i can forgive it as I'm only 2 eps in, love the character introductions, I genuinely laughed in a couple of occasions, lol the dog introduction was one of them, next episode looks interesting hahah

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Aspie on Jan 12, 2014, 06:03:00 AM

This is what your link links to:

GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

YOU GOT NO STYLE ASPIE! NO STYLE!!!

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: BANE on Jan 12, 2014, 02:33:13 PM
Quote from: Aspie on Jan 12, 2014, 06:03:00 AM

This is what your link links to:

http://cdn.weknowgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/bill-cosby-no-gif.gif
GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

YOU GOT NO STYLE ASPIE! NO STYLE!!!

lol don't currrrrrrrrrr

Rong

Rong

Girls s3 ep1 and 2

Missed this show, dat Adam, you want an accurate description of gen y this is it, also if Richard E Grant is up for guest staring you know shits gewd, don't listen to bane he knows f**k all.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Space Dandy - Episode 2

Incredible, just... f**king great. It's as whacky as it is visually arresting, and I said earlier when it was announced that I'd give it four episodes to start opening up to some hints of emotional depth, since, y'know, Shinichiro Watanabe... but hey, why not just get there in episode 2 and surround it by crazy spacey circumstances, making it not feel out of place?

The show is so unabashed in what it's trying to present, which is off-the wall comedy unrestrained by any kind of scientific rule like the most classic old school pulp space sci-fi often is, maintaining a beating heart that quickly produces leagues of value to hold on to. The stories and characters are fun and funny, the action is insane, the animation is inventive and top-tier, the soundtrack is sensational, and the voice over work (I watch with the English version) is pitch-perfect.

I'm officially in the loop of week-to-week hype for this.

Oh, and Scarlet- that is all. Thank you.

BANE

BANE

Quote from: Rong on Jan 13, 2014, 10:08:07 AM
Girls s3 ep1 and 2

Missed this show, dat Adam, you want an accurate description of gen y this is it, also if Richard E Grant is up for guest staring you know shits gewd, don't listen to bane he knows f**k all.
Oh for f**ks sake, this show is 90% lackluster tits and 10% depressing.

So really, 100% depressing.

What's worse is that I'm supposed to like it because apparently it's accurate.  ::)

In all seriousness, it's a depressing and unfunny show.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: BANE on Jan 13, 2014, 01:37:49 PM
Quote from: Rong on Jan 13, 2014, 10:08:07 AM
Girls s3 ep1 and 2

Oh for f**ks sake, this show is 90% lackluster tits

So In all "seriousness" you hate the show because you're a massive sexist, go find refuge in the "which tits I wanked over last thread" haha

It's a drama, not a comedy, not to say it doesn't have some really hilarious moments.

BANE

BANE

Aaaaaand fun times gone.

No, that is not a genuine complaint I have about the show, I was merely alluding to a common remark people have made about the upper body nudity on the show. Which, in my opinion, is not frequent or excessive in any way, and nor am I shallow enough to allow such things to affect my opinion of a show. Etc, etc... with the legal-esque disclaimers.

My real problems with the show are probably due to the fact that this was billed to me as a comedy-drama rather than a drama with attempts at comedy here and there. So I was already expecting the wrong things, and so I was severely disappointed. Not once did I laugh. Not once did I smile. So I didn't enjoy it at all.

Now, on to the drama aspect of it. I'm certainly sure that it's a decent depiction of life for a twenty-something in New York struggling to find their way as a writer with an annoying moron, a beauty and a gypsy for friends. I don't doubt that it's accurate in that regard (I have no way of verifying this). But it's depressing as hell to see these useless characters constantly make decisions I'm completely baffled by. I'll use an analogy with Eastbound and Down, which I know you like; alot of people find Stevie funny. I don't know about you, but I find him a very sad, pathetic character, and any humour I could have derived from him is replaced by an intense sadness and depression at how pathetic he is. With Girls, Hannah depresses the absolute shit out of me, and I get angry when she constantly makes dumb choices in her love, social and work life. I get frustrated and I want to jump in and go "f**k's sake, do this, this and this". Obviously there's a personality clash, and this just ruins the show for me.

So I say sure, it's good drama. But the first season so utterly crushed me that I couldn't watch anything else.

Tell me, does it get any better in season 2 and 3 or is everyone exactly the same? Further, why do you like the show?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

True Detective S01 E01 "The Long Bright Dark"

I'm not entirely sold on the plot just yet, but the acting and character work are so good that it barely matters. The conversation in the car about Cohle's worldview was fantastic and easily worth watching the whole episode for. There were some nice bits of camerawork, and the overall production values are pretty good. I lol'd at the occasional 90s fashions that popped up. Daddario got hit hard by that in her two minutes of screen time. :laugh:

Eva

Eva

The Golden Globes

The winners were alright this year... that's not what really pissed me off from watching this live...

Is it me or did the shows producer, Foktard Kissmypecker, decide to send off almost every single winner, in the middle of their acceptance speech, with that shitty elevator music tune to get them off the stage, so they could squeeze in a couple of extra speaker sponsor infomercials?

I don't really care if the winners give good or bad speeches or how long they are. What I do care about, is giving them this single moment (perhaps a highlight of their respective careers they'll never forget), because... isn't that what this show is all about?

Nightmare Asylum

Breaking Bad S2E07-09 'Negro Y Azul', 'Better Call Saul', and '4 Days Out'

Just when I thought I was going to get a happy ending. :-\ Anyways, Saul was great. I know he's supposed to be getting a spinoff show; wonder how that's going to be. Hank's situation is really interesting right now, too.

This show has such a great visual sense to it; I'm having a bit of a hard time phrasing my thoughts at the moment, but I love the way certain important images, even those not important at the moment they are introduced, are set up. The payoff is always fantastic.

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Battlestar Galactica Classic

Maybe not tonight.  Hopefully Hulu picks up the remake soon :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed