Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 505,223 times)

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

Mr. Bean.  Why am I watching Mr. Bean?  Not even sure if I like it or not but I can't stop watching it  ???

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Homeland - Season 3 - Episode 11

Penultimate episode, and noticing my leg was nervously bouncing constantly along with my heart racing, good god does it show. This really is film-quality television in that, through either massive funding or brilliant resourcefulness, they've crafted a presentation so absorbing that I literally feel like I'm in a movie theater, so removed from the home setting I watch the show in, and thrown into its world of espionage and constantly shifting character ambiguities.

When a show makes you wonder which way a character is going to lean from the first episode of the first season and still has you at that exact same level eleven episodes into the third season, you've got some masterful storytelling. It's strange, because the way it's done, the make sure the case for a character going one way or another isn't lopsided nor loaded, but even in chance due to either how much history they've built up with a character or lack thereof, creating uncertainty of how they will proceed with the circumstances given to them-- and it's never easy, and the path is never clear, no matter how bold or brilliant a plan may be.

Truly one of the great espionage stories put to the screen, large or small-- the lines are blurred here, along with many others.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Arrow S02 E09 "Three Ghosts"

Dat ending. Dem setups. Dat awesome villain speech. UNF.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Kill la Kill Episode 11

Hype be through the roof yo.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Same. They just keep upping and upping the stakes and expanding the picture... which is discomforting in a really great way. They did such a great job of making it seem like Satsuki would be the leading villain throughout the series, even though everybody knew - and they knew everybody would know - that she ultimately wouldn't be. Hell, Ryuko no longer even has a quarrel with Satsuki when you think about it. Not only that, but Satsuki seems to be so at odds with her mother that she's seemingly hoping for Ryuko to kill Harime Nui. Now no game matters to either of them, Ryuko knows all she has to know, and she has her father's assassin right infront of her, smiling innocently-- and that is where so much of that amazing rage comes from. Just some random smiling carefree girl out of nowhere making the ultimate claim and having the big pointy proof to back it.

Spoiler

Something that's amazingly worth noting is that her blood pressure shoots up so high that it literally blows the pin.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S02 E14-15 "Unholy Alliance, Parts 1 & 2"

Pretty epic two parter, featuring some pretty cool returning villains. Adrian Paul, as usual, is awesome. Duncan is basically the Etzio to Connor's Altair, which makes him pretty damn cool in my book. It's cool to see the setting shift back to Paris again. Slowly but surely finishing off this season.

Hubbs

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S02 E16 "The Vampire"

Pretty good episode with a high flashback to present day ratio and lots of cool atmosphere. It also has Duncan kicking lots of ass.

Highlander S02 E17-18 "Warmonger" and "Legacy"

Not great episodes, but both had their high points. And the latter had Amanda in it, which is a plus.

Highlander S02 E19 "Prodigal Son"

Hey, that guy in the opening credits finally showed up again. Not bad, but not one of the better episodes, either.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Hubbs on Dec 13, 2013, 05:52:31 AM
New South Park

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2013/dec/12/kanye-west-spoof-south-park

f**king A!
Watched that too ((on Wednesday night) great way to end the season!!!

Shasvre

Shasvre

Battlestar Galactica - Season 3

Occupation

I think it's been a year or so since I watched the first two seasons, but I decided to pick this up again. Feels good coming back to these characters, even if it is in a depressive part of their lives.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Dude I love you.

Shasvre

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 15, 2013, 08:45:38 PM
Battlestar Galactica - Season 3

Occupation

I think it's been a year or so since I watched the first two seasons, but I decided to pick this up again. Feels good coming back to these characters, even if it is in a depressive part of their lives.

Given the time jump, you couldn't have picked a better part to take a year off :P

Also, you are watching one of the best arcs of the show at the moment! I really can't wait to hear your thoughts on where the show goes, especially once you hit the last few episodes of season three.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Highlander S02 E20 "Pharaoh's Daughter"

This just getting a bit silly. MacLeod can't even open a sarcophagus without finding an insanely beautiful woman who wants to f**k him. Overall though, the episode was much better than I was expecting from the plot description on Netflix. Marcus Constantine is easily one of the best immortals in anything Highlander related.

Highlander S02 E21-22 "Counterfeit, Parts 1 & 2"

A pretty satisfying season finale, even if the two parts felt rather isolated from one another. I was also a bit tired of James Horton by this point. He was a great bad guy and all, but they killed him off and brought him back way too many times. Hopefully he stays dead, and Season 3 can be its own thing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed