Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 503,391 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Shasvre on Dec 15, 2013, 08:45:38 PM
Battlestar Galactica - Season 3

Occupation

I think it's been a year or so since I watched the first two seasons, but I decided to pick this up again. Feels good coming back to these characters, even if it is in a depressive part of their lives.

You have my eternal lurve for not only giving it a second chance, but returning to it as well.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Sunday's Family Guy Holiday themed episode...

Spoiler
The deceased main character is back!  ::)
[close]

American Dad holiday themed episode as well. It was GREAT, the part with Santa and Stan at the end was hilarious!

Dark Passenger

Dark Passenger

Godzilla: The Animated Series 4/5

Could be better due to the formulaic style of the episodes but it's still better than
the Godzilla 98 film so I can't rate it too harshly for that..

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Homeland - Season 3 - Episode 13 "The Star"

No spoilers here.

Season finale could very well be the series finale. Not in the same way that Season 4 of Breaking Bad almost had that feel, but this could legitimately be regarded as the series finale. It was beautiful, long, taking up the full hour timeslot, and perfect, doing what the show always promised it would in a satisfying, definitively and utterly bitter-sweet manner with a great sentiment to end on. To be completely honest, I almost feel that the showrunners made it this way, with only a single detail that could even be considered a slight ambiguity or loose end, as a precaution for the series. We've seen what the same network, Showtime, has done with Dexter, drawing it out much longer than it had any business being before ending it miserably, and due to the popularity of Homeland, that possibility for it going a similar path is always a possibility, should the network request it. The talent can leave, but the show will go on.

Trust me, that's not at all what I want to see happen, or even have weighing against me for next season, but I thought it was a great move to at least create this as a checkpoint of some sort to guarantee there can be something considered an ending to encapsulate the show's immense quality on a finale, graceful note. There is the guarantee of many prospects in the show's future, as planted in this finale, which could just as easily be seen as giving the characters direction to head off in, be it toward a sunset or darker road to end on, but it also gives the show direction to continue in. Still, I can't see an ending getting much better than this, with what we have left at least.

What a beautiful ending.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Supernatural S6E16-20 "...And Then There Were None", "My Heart Will Go On", "Frontierland", "Mommy Dearest" and "The Man Who Would Be King"

Well Eve's story was ridiculously anticlimactic. Not that I really cared much for the 'Mother of Monsters' story arc much anyways. Castiel's story, however, has been fantastic during these last few episodes. "The Man Who Would Be King" may have been one of the show's best episodes so far. "Frontierland" was also a lot of fun, and I loved seeing Ellen again, however briefly, in "My Heart Will Go On".

Gonna have some lunch and then finish the season :)

S6E21-22 "Let It Bleed" and "The Man Who Knew Too Much"

Really good finale. I remember reading that the stuff that went down in that finale episode is taken care of in a single episode, though, which is a real shame. This last episode set up what had the potential to be a great season-long story arc.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Kill la Kill - Episode 12 "Spit Your Sadness Away"

Well... that was one of the best directed episodes of an animated show I've ever seen. The images, colours, and story developments were all incredible, as much as a feast for the eyes as it was for the soul. The ending with Mako and Ryuko was absolutely beautiful, as was the score for the moment. I'm really trying hard not to just spout spoilers everywhere right now, but shit... this show is continues as one of the best edited and paced half-hour animated shows I've watched week-by-week. The direction it's going in is bold to say the least, and the scale just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Saw the first episode today... WTF

W

T

F

ryuko ftw

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Hypest shit.

Gotta love it, though I feel like you'll end up more of a Satsuki fan like Shadow.  ;)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Dat Satsuki.

Dat Action.

Dat fan service.  :laugh:

Dat WTF factor 9.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

By the way, as a note on the 'fanservice' (only used in quotation for debatable meaning in this case) element, check this out after Episode 3:

Spoiler
[close]

After the episode, you'll probably catch on to the themes, since you're one of the smarter people, but it's a good overview of what the show is trying to accomplish thematically both in a well-humoured and original fashion. Hell, it even gives viewers that bump to get over, whether they're liking it or not, before they accept its place in the show's universe, so it doesn't even take the easy route in presenting the theme.

It takes something special to change the attitude toward it from weird to badass- even if most actively perceptive viewers will be able to sense something going on there. And it's not condescending, pointed, or preachy, (as in, it doesn't throw some obligatory 'shame on you' statement to the viewer if they find it sexy) and that's a major plus in my eyes. The whole thing is about empowerment through strange means and I love that shit.

The whole thing is honestly one of my favorite animated shows I've watched, it's a great, full utilization of the medium in order to tell its story, and it's multiple forms of gorgeous to look at. A kickass, soulful week-to-week watch.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I just finished ep. 2.

Dat HARDCORE tennis match. :D

It's one of the weirdest things around for sure.. but it's also very VERY smart anc creative.. it just doesnt flaunt it. ;)

Satsuke's speech in the first episode about "Fear is freedom!" / "Subjugation is liberation" etc... Orwell 1984 references. Noice.
In the 2nd episode we get the "Japanese school uniforms are designed like military/naval uniforms" speech.... and the militarization of children/teenagers... noice stuff.

They are going full on with their "School is a battleground" theme and i love it. :laugh:

POINTS for the stuff about the male gaze.

also.. this guy...
Spoiler

W T F  :laugh:
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

AHAHAHAHA! f**king love that guy, amaze scene whenever he takes off the 'cool schmoe' look and goes all "don't hate me because I'm fabulous".  :laugh:

F A B U L O U S

Glad you're liking it, mang! Just wait until Episode 4- the whole thing is hilarious slapstick nonsense with a crazy style where proportions go whacky and it plays out essentially like a half-hour animation studio pizza party.  :laugh:

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

25 minute LSD+Adrenaline injections = Kill la Kill episodes.

man. this is some awesome stuff.  :D

Cant wait to catch up to the current episodes.  :laugh:

Nightmare Asylum

Supernatural S7E01-02 'Meet The New Boss' and 'Hello, Cruel World'

The ending of season six opened up a great potential storyline that could have lasted at least half a season, but unfortunately they decided to wrap it up in a single episode and introduce the Leviathans. Bit too early to judge them just yet, but from the looks/sound of it it seems like they are a very interesting concept that's gonna be very misused. :-\

Loved seeing Death again, though. Love that guy.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Season 6 wasn't terrible, but Season 7 is the one that's kind of shitty. Sorry. :D

But then it gets pretty good with Season 8 again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed