Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 499,983 times)

Vertigo

Vertigo

Top Of The Lake episode 2. I'm done with this show, it's bloody miserable. Every man in it is a loathsome misogynist - maybe that's the point, but that doesn't make it any more watchable or socially pertinent (I'm well aware that guys are dicks). The sole redeeming factor thus far has been the scenery, but I think I'll wait for Attenborough's next narration job for my fix of that.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 29, 2013, 09:26:12 PM
Top Of The Lake episode 2. I'm done with this show, it's bloody miserable. Every man in it is a loathsome misogynist - maybe that's the point, but that doesn't make it any more watchable or socially pertinent (I'm well aware that guys are dicks). The sole redeeming factor thus far has been the scenery, but I think I'll wait for Attenborough's next narration job for my fix of that.

Urg you're not selling it.

First Blood

First Blood

I thought the ending was pretty shit myself.

Rong

Rong

Urg, i've already acquired the series, i'll watch it though, i'm assuming it's pretty bleak.

Falling Skies S3E9

They're really dragging this out looks like we wont get a resolution of the volm superweapon this season, they need to bring back Mark Verheiden, his run in the second season really revitalised the show, and produced some of the best eps the show had, for a penultimate ep this episode was a bit of a let down, next ep decides if i watch next season, shit better amaze me or i'm out.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 29, 2013, 09:26:12 PM

Actually, all the characters are unlikeable, just to different extremes. It's still very chilling and that ending is disturbing but very fitting with all the build-up. It also doesn't spoon-feed everything to you and is well worth a second watch to pick up on certain things you might have missed the first time around.

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 29, 2013, 10:17:25 PM
I thought the ending was pretty shit myself.

But you stopped before the end. :P

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

He ended up watching it afterward.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Maison Ikkoku - Be Still My Beating Heart! Asuna's Very First Time! : Asuna and all her pet dogs are fixated on Mitaka. Godai has a pre-schooler expecting marry her someday. Both men try desperately to turn them down for Kyoko, but, as usual, crazy misunderstandings rule the day at Maison Ikkoku. Episodes like this make me laugh and want to cry, such a great series!

Rong

Rong

Top of the lake.

Eps 1 /2

I hadn't realised that the excellent Peter Mullan was cast in this, combine him with David Wenham, and Holly hunter we get some real decent acting, and some well written and delivered dialogue, that sell the cast as believable characters.
Although Elizabeth Moss isn't quite pulling off the accent even with the infered "Sydneysider" inflection, would have been better off with the initially cast Anna Paquin.

As for the lingering scenery and visually metaphoric shots its more than a passing resemblance to the much maligned (in these parts) Terry Malick, the tone is quite moody which suits but not as bleak as I expected, I like the fact the refuge is named paradise, little things like that are keeping me interested, only negative is the it feels to lack some focus but I'll cut it slack as its trying to introduce a fairly large cast in a somewhat limited period of time.

Vertigo

Vertigo

Well, to each their own; I think it's horseshit.

Speaking of which, just watched the third episode of Luther's new season. It's mildly less terrible and disappointing than the first two, largely because it's less nasty, and focuses on a more interesting antagonist than the bog-standard nutters of the last two. However, it's still deeply flawed. Luther's writing is all wrong - far from coming off as an unscrupulous genius, he seems to be brain damaged... whenever he has anything more incisive to say than "Aw'ight" or grunting, it's to say something hilariously obvious - "If we don't stop him, this is gonna get very bad." And the internal affairs investigators don't seem to have noticed that they're colossal f**king hypocrites.

Was strongly considering following my Top Of The Lake suit and just giving up on the show, but as it's less nasty now, and still stars Idris Elba, I'll stay on board for the last episode. I do strongly recommend the second season though, and most of the first.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Rong on Jul 31, 2013, 12:33:55 PM
Top of the lake.

Eps 1 /2

I hadn't realised that the excellent Peter Mullan was cast in this, combine him with David Wenham, and Holly hunter we get some real decent acting, and some well written and delivered dialogue, that sell the cast as believable characters.
Although Elizabeth Moss isn't quite pulling off the accent even with the infered "Sydneysider" inflection, would have been better off with the initially cast Anna Paquin.

As for the lingering scenery and visually metaphoric shots its more than a passing resemblance to the much maligned (in these parts) Terry Malick, the tone is quite moody which suits but not as bleak as I expected, I like the fact the refuge is named paradise, little things like that are keeping me interested, only negative is the it feels to lack some focus but I'll cut it slack as its trying to introduce a fairly large cast in a somewhat limited period of time.

Top of the Lake gets off to a slow start but it's a rewarding watch that stays with you. Hope you enjoy the rest of it.

Rong

Rong

Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 31, 2013, 04:03:48 PM

My positive appraisal is probably In light of coming off last weeks Falling Skies ep, I could have watched an episode of the Wiggles and it'd feel like Emmy award winning TV.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Rong on Jul 31, 2013, 05:49:49 PM
Quote from: Vertigo on Jul 31, 2013, 04:03:48 PM

My positive appraisal is probably In light of coming off last weeks Falling Skies ep, I could have watched an episode of the Wiggles and it'd feel like Emmy award winning TV.

LOL Falling Skies

Rong

Rong

I know... I know.

The last few eps of the second season are surprisingly well done, this whole season has basically shat on any goodwill afforded by it.

Aspie

Aspie

Spielberg needs to stop making T.V. shows.

Rong

Rong

Yeah the Spielbergisims are what brings the show down, the harnessed kids, sappy family dynamics, and so on.

The writer of Saving private Ryan is just as much to blame to be honest.

The series is about to change over to its fifth show runner another battlestar alum "David Eick" apparently the 4th season is going to be pretty good... I'll wait and see how next weeks ep pans out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed