Last TV Show You Watched

Started by Predator Queen, Mar 29, 2011, 04:30:51 AM

Author
Last TV Show You Watched (Read 500,042 times)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I remember me and my cousins where addicted to the first seasons... then the interest dwindled... and we just couldnt care less about the show. :P Still havent seen the later seasons or the new movie. And i wouldnt feel sad if i never do.

Cvalda

Cvalda

That's the case of any longrunner show.

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 08, 2013, 10:12:44 PM
Quote from: Eva on Jul 08, 2013, 10:09:11 PM
X-Files has a lot of nostalgia attached to it as well. New young audiences don't quite understand how groundbreaking it was when it first aired. It's 'just' another tv-show...
It has aged far, far better than most modern shows will. It's so cinematic -- where even most TV shows today are flat and visually static. And considering the way Damon Lindelof and other modern showrunners openly pillage it, its influence isn't going away any time soon.
That is true. It's still hell of a lot better than most shit on TV now.

Eva

Eva

Yeah, it's very cinematic - great production values. Iconic score. Imitated over and over again. Part of pop culture.

X-Files, Riget/The Kingdom and Twin Peaks made the early 90s into the greatest time for high quality tv-shows we had seen up to that point, imo.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Eva on Jul 08, 2013, 10:21:54 PM
Yeah, it's very cinematic - great production values. Iconic score. Imitated over and over again. Part of pop culture.

X-Files, Riget/The Kingdom and Twin Peaks made the early 90s into the greatest time for high quality tv-shows we had seen up to that point, imo.
Exactly.

(even though I still need to see The Kingdom :P)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Ugh, the utter f**king madness of people not being able to get into X-Files.

First Blood

First Blood

It's not everyone's cup of tea. No matter how influential it may be. Why are people having trouble with this concept?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: First Blood on Jul 08, 2013, 10:29:29 PM
It's not everyone's cup of tea. No matter how influential it may be. Why are people having trouble with this concept?
Some do when it comes to things they enjoy.

It's a pretty natural and common behaviour.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Paranormal Witness.  Whether the stories are bullshit or not doesn't really matter, the re-enactments are well done and creepy

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 08, 2013, 10:22:56 PM
(even though I still need to see The Kingdom :P)

Eva... Eva! Listen to me now... She was just joking.... I swear...!
She has seen it at least ten times already. She sings the shows intro song every night to herself before bedtime. Please believe me...!

Cvalda

Cvalda

...I'm acquiring the whole series now >;3

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

FIGHT THE FUTURE!

Eva

Eva

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 08, 2013, 10:39:22 PM
...I'm acquiring the whole series now >;3

Considering your fetish for quirky shows with quirky characters, I think you're gonna love this one. I still think it's fantastic after all these years. :)

PS: the full series is on youtube, English subtitles. ;)

Cvalda

Cvalda

Well duh I'll probably love it, it's Lars von Trier :P

Nightmare Asylum

All of the Breaking Bad love on the past few pages is getting me really excited. I think that either that or Dexter will be the next show I jump into, since they're both ending soon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed