Prometheus FanArt

Started by Darkoo, Mar 04, 2011, 08:37:12 PM

Author
Prometheus FanArt (Read 522,464 times)

atlantis

atlantis

Love the design of that poster... This hanging at a cineman even with out any text on it would lure me to buy a ticket..

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 18, 2013, 11:29:52 PM
Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 18, 2013, 11:21:56 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 18, 2013, 10:30:36 PM
I'm in love with your depictions of the space jockey.

They remind me much of Giger's pen art in sketches he did for Alien 3 and Prometheus.
---
WOW that entire blog has some of the best Alien art I've ever seen! You really captured the Giger aesthetic with stuff like your predalien concepts, and I like the inspiration in some of your art straight out of the Egyptian culture.  Bookmarked for sure.

Thankyou, I acknowledge that this almost makes me tearful in light of the severity of the issues of what I have had to do to come to terms with these Giger-esque /Alien urges and unraveling where it seemed to be coming from, and I hope my technique will indeed get better. There have certainly been a lot of rough sketches drawn by me of these entities as I'm cluelessly trying to grasp ideas, perhaps too many. It is true though that Giger drew heavy inspiration from Egyptian art and trying to find his trail through that world has been very interesting. I think the next step is to do something interesting on Z Brush with these concepts.

Looking forward to your future adventures with Giger and his Alien.

I might as well pimp this here too, teaser image for the project that all my concept work is finally blooming into:

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

Omegazilla, that image of the human face beneath the dome might be the scariest alien inspired creature design I have EVER seen, hands down. Imagine if those eyes opened under the done? Fuuuuuuck.

Quote from: Omegazilla on Dec 16, 2013, 10:49:23 AM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 16, 2013, 10:43:49 AM
Those images are just not showing up for me.  :-\
Some hopelessly 404'd.

But here are the remaining ones:
http://i.imgur.com/MeiKbs3.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ttWtZsI.jpg

Like one of the astronaut helmets with a grown mouth. Nice for some kind of oniric shit, but for an actual creature design it's tres silly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It looks hopelessly daft to me. A skull is far better. There are examples of something similar in nature...

(the green things are the eyes, encased in a fluid-filled dome)

...but I can't look at that thing seriously at all.

ThisBethesdaSea

ThisBethesdaSea

If the human head was a bit disfigured, I think it could work to great effect.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

I think it's the nose that's just off-putting to me. Were it just eyes it'd work better.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Omegazilla on Dec 23, 2013, 09:10:21 AM
It's amazing how human its face is. The way the eyes look forwards and... wait, those aren't... oh god... WHERE IS ITS FACE!?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

The 'eyes' are sensory nostrils... the real eyes are the green orbs inside the dome.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Prometheus: Redux stuff is gettin' done:

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

HHNNNGGGHHHH i like these so much. :P

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Thanks. :) I hope to start "publishing" the comic Feb/March '14, so keep an eye out.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Wow, really love it!

Looking forward to your comic more than Dark Horse's :P

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 27, 2013, 10:23:26 AM

dayummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, son

atlantis

atlantis

A cool way to show the head would be this....

You only can recognize a face in it when you stand in front of it ....

SpreadEagleBeagle

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Dec 18, 2013, 12:00:46 PM
well, here below is my space jockey inspired by the direction that Giger might have gone if he went with his single legged/Sommelier knife type body Space Jockey body, in reaction to Prometheus and its Engineers.

And here are the rest of my most recent Space Jockey sketches http://alienpredalienadinfinitum.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/space-jockeys-with-sommelier-knife.html

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-aNBoAttxUUw/UrGDX5NBu8I/AAAAAAAAJzk/EHB0EDbA1Ys/s800/spacejockey_0004.jpg

I love it! Very out-of-this-world, weird and mystical, as well as eerie and twisted in a gracious way.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: atlantis on Dec 30, 2013, 01:04:51 PM
A cool way to show the head would be this....

You only can recognize a face in it when you stand in front of it ....

Great idea! Like the formation on Mars that people thought was a Martian face.

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Dec 27, 2013, 10:23:26 AM

This stuff is really great. Ditto on the other art in your Prometheus: Redux thread!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed