Prometheus FanArt

Started by Darkoo, Mar 04, 2011, 08:37:12 PM

Author
Prometheus FanArt (Read 522,632 times)

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Much thanks to Atlantis for the image my sig is shamelessly based on.

Lord Freezer

Lord Freezer

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I like that a lot.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

These are all for a Prometheus themed RPG I'm running for my friends at the moment; it's kind of a testing ground for which direction I'm gunna go with my Prometheus: Redux ideas...

In-game sketch of a chamber:

Close view:

Two more chambers:

Ada Lovelace, Weyland Corp. Project Leader

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Found online, dont know if they have been posted before

Via:
http://grayvile.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-15.html

These are variations on the Carlos Huante designs.

(the human face behind the transparent alien head was an idea on Jon Spaihts draft)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Get where they were going with that -- but it was a pretty silly concept.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Those images are just not showing up for me.  :-\

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 16, 2013, 10:43:49 AM
Those images are just not showing up for me.  :-\
Some hopelessly 404'd.

But here are the remaining ones:

Like one of the astronaut helmets with a grown mouth. Nice for some kind of oniric shit, but for an actual creature design it's tres silly.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Well I like it actually! I don't know how much it would've worked as a creature in the film, but I dig the oniric aspects and it reminds me of some of the surreal Alien 3 concept art, with the baby faced chestbursters or alien sheep things.

The transparent alien should come back.  I think with the different layers of skin and levels of the body conveyed through varying amounts of opaqueness it could look really creepy, just add some crab walks and weird body contortions as well.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Dec 16, 2013, 10:57:23 AM
The transparent alien should come back.  I think with the different layers of skin and levels of the body conveyed through varying amounts of opaqueness it could look really creepy, just add some crab walks and weird body contortions as well.
Agreed. They did that to a great effect in Species:

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Sadly, i dont remember actually noticing the transparency in the final Species film.  :P

The "face" behind the dome of the Deacon never showed up in the actual concept art of the film.
They never seriously considered it. Looks "nightmarish", though.

Wish they had made designs with "shark tails" like the ones in the script. :P That's another idea that never made it past the script stage.

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: Omegazilla on Dec 16, 2013, 10:49:23 AMhttp://i.imgur.com/ttWtZsI.jpg
Another way of looking at that design is that the face is a dead remnant or 'echo' of the parasitized DNA/biology, much like the skull under the dome of the original xeno, or even the 'fingers' of the facehugger.

In it's own way a design like that might of communicated a more subtle link between the creatures of the older films and the 'DNA gone crazy' approach of the new movie; the idea that the original xeno and its ilk were an advanced and unchecked goo mutation from a completely separate outbreak, who after an arbitrary number of generations become their own species while maintaining some deeply ingrained visual characteristics of the engineers that they arose from.

It would of been bold, but I would of loved to have seen such a thing used for Fifield's mutation... he rises up from the ground, the crewman recognizes his sleeping face beneath the dome, then suddenly there's teeth and the crewman's face drops... head bite, screaming, mass carnage.

Requiem28

Requiem28

It's kinda surprising how big this thread is.

irn

irn

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed