The Blade Runner Thread

Started by Shasvre, Mar 03, 2011, 01:15:19 AM

Author
The Blade Runner Thread (Read 234,033 times)

Ingwar

Ingwar

But there is no interpretation. If director himself says Deckard is replicant then he's one. What better proof do we need?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Film's a collaborative medium, I'd venture to say not even half of the other creatives agreed with that particular interpretation.

nanison

nanison

I don't even care I just love the soundtrack, set design and atmosphere too much 😍

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Scott also said the Space Jockey is a bald-headed white guy.  ;D

But I'm with Hampton Fancher on this one: "The question is what's important. The answer is stupid."

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Aug 06, 2023, 09:42:40 AMFilm's a collaborative medium, I'd venture to say not even half of the other creatives agreed with that particular interpretation.

Scott apparently didn't even tell Ford or Peoples about it.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Oct 11, 2017, 10:34:19 PMDeckard was already a replicant before they even shot a single frame of film.

Hampton Fancher was actually the first person to toy with the idea. He gave Deckard a Batty style hand-clench moment near the end in an early draft, just to f*ck with the audience a little. Though his intention was always that Deckard was supposed to be human.

When David Peoples later took over the scrip re-writes, he wrote a scene near the end when Deckard reflects and wonders who made his kind (in a figurative sense). Scott misinterpreted and took it literally. Told Peoples that he was a f*cking genius and from that day forth Deckard was a replicant.

Also consider that the red light in Deckard's eyes, the tinfoil unicorn and distorted television sets were all deliberate. The unicorn scene was shot during BR's post production. The only reason it wasn't included with the theatrical release was because Tandem would not let Scott put it in.

The Director's and Final Cut were what Blade Runner was originally supposed to be. Not "a ten (???) years later editing tweak"

Kradan

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I can imagine a time will come when all has been said that could be said, and we are all doomed to forever re-quote ourselves.

Kradan

kwisatz

kwisatz

The Unholy Trinity of grey sludge.

Deliver us from evil, ralfy..

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 06, 2023, 05:34:36 PMI can imagine a time will come when all has been said that could be said, and we are all doomed to forever re-quote ourselves.

Do you need me to get involved and demand consensus?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Local Trouble on Aug 07, 2023, 05:36:28 AM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 06, 2023, 05:34:36 PMI can imagine a time will come when all has been said that could be said, and we are all doomed to forever re-quote ourselves.

Do you need me to get involved and demand consensus?

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Aug 06, 2023, 09:33:16 AMнет

Ingwar

Ingwar

Blade Runner 2099 series no longer being filmed in Belfast

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-67012882

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I would have assumed that delays related to the SAG strike would have been the reason for them to pull out (with them likely running into another production's previously-scheduled shoot in Belfast once the strike eventually ends), but with the chief executive talking about 2099 pulling out of Northern Ireland leaving a gap in the Belfast's production schedule, that doesn't exactly seem to be the case.

I wonder where they're going to relocate to?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed