Things we learned from Predators

Started by Maxyboy, Feb 13, 2011, 11:25:10 PM

Author
Things we learned from Predators (Read 13,865 times)

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Spartan113 on Feb 19, 2011, 06:01:58 PM
You've seen Predator right, peakius? Well you know when the men attack the camp? That is one of the most unrealistic action scenes I've ever seen. Sure they may hit everything they shoot at, but not one of them ever bring a rifle up to their shoulder(Because it's a movie). At least in this movie they shot correctly.

Exact and despite this, the camp attack (P1) was by itself 100 times more awesome/badass than all the action scene of Predators

Prime113

Prime113

It is really hard for me to watch that scene. I mean it bothers the hell out of me.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

They did have rifles.
They didn't use it because the attack was so rapid, they hadn't the time.
And there's the one that Poncho gets off with a grenade. Y'now. You got time to duck?

Prime113

Prime113

What? Yeah they all had rifles, I know. And a real soldier would put the rifle to his shoulder before the battle and not remove it until it was over. But, no, in P1 they all shot from the hip no matter the circumstance. It just bothers me.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Spartan113 on Feb 20, 2011, 05:50:15 PM
What? Yeah they all had rifles, I know. And a real soldier would put the rifle to his shoulder before the battle and not remove it until it was over. But, no, in P1 they all shot from the hip no matter the circumstance. It just bothers me.

They were probably too badass for this

Dutch's definition of aiming:  "aiming with guns is like eating an apple with fork & knive, only noobs and p*ssies  would do so"

Ghost Rider

Don't ever trust a doctor.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: Spartan113 on Feb 20, 2011, 05:50:15 PM
And a real soldier would put the rifle to his shoulder before the battle and not remove it until it was over. But, no, in P1 they all shot from the hip no matter the circumstance. It just bothers me.

My brother noticed that in Predators.

Prime113

Prime113

The only person that I seen shot hes weapon wrong was Royce. The others looked fine to me.... well besides that Cuchillo used two MP5k's, but he wasn't a soldier.

samoht

samoht

What, are you Military or something?

Cap. Fitzgerald

Probably not, but some people like accuracy in movies and are bothered by its absence.
Quote from: Spartan113 on Feb 21, 2011, 02:55:26 AM
The only person that I seen shot hes weapon wrong was Royce. The others looked fine to me.... well besides that Cuchillo used two MP5k's, but he wasn't a soldier.
Royce doesn't fire it from the shoulder because his AA-12 had no pad at the end it would have broken his arm. And besides that, the AA-12 is made to fire in all direction and he was using fragmentation rounds.

Sharp Sticks

I have no problem with accuracy in film, unless it makes the characters look like a bunch of douchebags.

Which in this case it almost certainly would.

One of the few things that I remember from AVP: Rectum was that the characters all held their guns (we need 'em) up to their shoulders. And guess what they looked like? No, really, guess.

samoht

samoht

Like a bunch of f*cking pro's?

Sharp Sticks

You're halfway there.

Prime113

Prime113

Nah, I'm not military, as Cap.Fitzgerald said, I simply like accuracy in my movies.

Royce doesn't fire it from the shoulder because his AA-12 had no pad at the end it would have broken his arm. And besides that, the AA-12 is made to fire in all direction and he was using fragmentation rounds.
[/quote]

Ya, I can see where you're coming from. And they way he shot it didn't bother me that much cus well that thing is a beast.

And sharp sticks... You think they looked like f**king douchebags.

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Spartan113 on Feb 21, 2011, 07:11:00 AM
Nah, I'm not military, as Cap.Fitzgerald said, I simply like accuracy in my movies.

Ya, I can see where you're coming from. And they way he shot it didn't bother me that much cus well that thing is a beast.

And sharp sticks... You think they looked like f**king douchebags.
[/quote]

Despite firing with almost the same unrealistic firing position than "Dutch Teamates", this time it doesn't bother you?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed