Author
Elysium (2013) (Read 63,333 times)

Rong

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Rong on Jul 11, 2013, 10:37:17 PM
http://news.moviefone.com/2013/07/11/elysium-exclusive-featurette/

UNF. Looks fantastic!

Too bad I know exactly what's going to happen in the film and how it will end, though. :P

Rong

Rong

You SHouldnta drank dat Cva's Poison.

She may be right about the cheese factor,  but modern tentpole films need to be broad as f**k to survive... it's the new reality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7N9lb2hXCc#ws

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Rong on Jul 12, 2013, 12:35:17 AM
You SHouldnta drank dat Cva's Poison.

I wasn't getting at the whole "white guy saves everyone" angle. Moreso the plot. :P

Rong

Rong

fair enough the only thing i got from Cva was the White guilt / space mexican business, but not complete spoilers. 

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Vickers on Jul 12, 2013, 12:53:54 AM
I wasn't getting at the whole "white guy saves everyone" angle.
That's by far not the only thing wrong with the film :P

Rong

Rong

In terms of plot i have my expectations low.

little things already niggle at me, the obvious product placement, and the fact that in 2167 people are still keeping GTR's on the road. 

Also looks like The run time has just been shortened,

"Elysium's theatrical runtime has been cut down to 109 minutes
when it showed during a special screening it was 3 hours long, but they have shortened it for more showtimes perday."

So now i can expect pacing issues...

Cvalda

Cvalda

The script is a mess of cliches, the ending is idiotic, the performances (especially Sharlto's cringe-worthy samurai sword wielding villain) are really poor (Damon does surprisingly okay), Jodie Foster has 5 minutes of screentime and her character is completely useless, the action scenes are flat and just look like something out of Call of Duty.

Quote from: Rong on Jul 12, 2013, 01:00:33 AM
when it showed during a special screening it was 3 hours long, but they have shortened it for more showtimes perday."
That's bullshit, it was barely two hours.

Rong

Rong

From IMDB you how they are over there.

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 12, 2013, 01:03:55 AM
The script is a mess of cliches, the ending is idiotic, the performances (especially Sharlto's cringe-worthy samurai sword wielding villain) are really poor (Damon does surprisingly okay), Jodie Foster has 5 minutes of screentime and her character is completely useless, the action scenes are flat and just look like something out of Call of Duty.

That's bullshit, it was barely two hours.

Please tell me the ending - just so I can confirm that it is what I think it is.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Spoiler
Damon goes into white Jesus mode and sacrifices himself so the space Mexicans can take over Elysium, which they do. Cut to shots of hordes of Mexicans down on Earth boarding tatty spaceships so they can go fly up there...

...so now the actual owners of Elysium on Earth can presumably blow them all up with a missile or something, because if there's one thing rich people are gonna do it's going to let a bunch of poor people take over their very expensive property. lulz. Dumbass didn't think it through when he was writing.
[close]

Vickers

Vickers

Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 12, 2013, 01:19:32 AM
Spoiler
Damon goes into white Jesus mode and sacrifices himself so the space Mexicans can take over Elysium, which they do. Cut to shots of hordes of Mexicans down on Earth boarding tatty spaceships so they can go fly up there...

...so now the actual owners of Elysium on Earth can presumably blow them all up with a missile or something, because if there's one thing rich people are gonna do it's going to let a bunch of poor people take over their very expensive property. lulz. Dumbass didn't think it through when he was writing.
[close]

Ugh, that's even worse than what I thought would happen.

BANE

BANE

This movie looks good.

I shall check it out.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Here's a piece of advice. Leave your brain at the door. This is not what I did, and I regret it.
In terms of plot i have my expectations low.

little things already niggle at me, the obvious product placement, and the fact that in 2167 people are still keeping GTR's on the road. 

Also looks like The run time has just been shortened,

So now i can expect pacing issues...

3 hours my balls. Not even close, if that were true, the film would have dragged on in parts that weren't needed. It's a shame that it's been cut to 109 minutes. Now the film is going to move by a lot faster. Not sure why they did this, unless they just wanted the pace to be fast because of the fact that
Spoiler
Matt Damon is continually chased as soon as he is targeted, so I guess these bastards wanted the film to feel like a nonstop chase scene.
[close]

Quote from: Vickers on Jul 12, 2013, 01:25:35 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on Jul 12, 2013, 01:19:32 AM
Spoiler

[close]

Ugh, that's even worse than what I thought would happen.

It's nowhere near as bad as you think, the only reason that
Spoiler
He saves the the Mexicans is because Spider, who is out to get Matt Damon, follows him to freaking Elysium. So he then becomes Mexican Space President because it;s the only way for his people to be treated fairly. He hates the White Republicans for a lot of shit.

Spider FTW!
[close]

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 12, 2013, 01:33:09 AM
3 hours my balls. Not even close, if that were true, the film would have dragged on in parts that weren't needed. It's a shame that it's been cut to 109 minutes. Now the film is going to move by a lot faster.
Not really, it wasn't even two hours long. For all we know the cut we saw was 109 minutes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed