The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 193,717 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Make sure you read The Rats in the Wall. If you want trippy, that's the way to go.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

A Shadow Over Innsmouth, The Dunwich Horror, Mountains of Madness, they're all great.

Anyone ever read Lovecrafts sci-fi, Beyond the Walls of Eryx? It's fantastic, and makes me wish he actually got into writing sci-fi more before his end. :(

Bonus - The dude's cat in Rats in the Walls is named 'n***erman.' :laugh: That's worth reading the story right there. :laugh: But it gets creepy because n***erman knows whats up behind those walls.. in his eerie cat way.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Also, The Shadow Out of Time. That's some trippy shit right there. I also have a good deal of affection for his Dream Cycle stories.

underbound

underbound

I listened to the call of cthulu last night. It was pretty good and it was a story I thought about and felt like I was in it. Im a check out some other books by him I guess.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Out of curiosity... what are your guys favourite Shoggoth designs? :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 11, 2013, 05:36:58 AM

I'm only familiar with the one from the Call of Cthulhu video game. It was alright, I guess, but I kept getting hung up on wondering why there was a shoggoth in Innsmouth. ???

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 11, 2013, 05:36:58 AM
I'm quite partial to this...

And this...

;D ;D ;D

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

..you drew the one on the bottom? X) Nice one!

It does remind me of the description of the Shoggoth as being "very large, like a train".  :P

I'm partial to this one:

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Love it!

And yes the bottom one is one of my early works... should remake it. Yeah, the 'train' part of the description is what basically drove the whole drawing.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

I might just do a maquette out of a Shoggoth design :P alongside a cthulhu... :P hmmmm.... (with a mountains of madness city diorama hehe)

Yes, i've already finished my very tiny micromachines sized figure of the Steven Messing Deacon and a diorama of his mural... will take pics and post later ;) Now i'm looking for other designs to do. :P

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Always wanted to do a clay Cthulhu idol... I may as well try when September comes ashore.

Cannot wait to see your maquette! The advantage of making something like a Shoggoth is that you do not have to worry for symmetry.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Oh i learned very quickly that in general, doing monsters is a lot easier than doing humans at the tiny size i work in. :laugh: Doing human faces at micro machines scale with a nice degree of accuracy is... gah! a fools errand.. :laugh:

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Got any pics of anything you've done so far?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Here's the design from the video game:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed