Mass Effect

Started by Space Sweeper, Dec 12, 2010, 01:46:57 AM

Author
Mass Effect (Read 423,553 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 25, 2012, 12:48:55 AM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jan 25, 2012, 12:46:31 AM
Tali, Garrus, and Liara. As squadmates, at least. All of the others from Mass Effect 2 will appear in the story at one point or another, however as an aid to Shepard in some form.

So, no Thane for my squad?  :'(  That...is...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
Space Sweeper forgot to mention Thane, he will be back because I already know what happens when you romance him and for that to happen he needs to be part of the team.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

He's still not confirmed, noone else is.

Prime113

Prime113

He fackin better be!

Also, I hope they do a few more of these character vids. AND, another thing - Are any of you gonna play the demo that's being released on February 14th.

Vakarian

Vakarian

f**k yes!

Prime113

Prime113

I wasn't sure! I figured that obviously we are all gonna buy the hell outta this game, and that a demo wouldn't change our minds, so we'd stay away from it so it's all new come March.

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 25, 2012, 01:27:43 AM
He fackin better be!

Also, I hope they do a few more of these character vids. AND, another thing - Are any of you gonna play the demo that's being released on February 14th.
Nope

Mr. Domino

Mr. Domino

Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 24, 2012, 09:54:15 PM
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/mass-effect-3-figures-include-exclusive-dlc/090188

And according to Biowares store
QuoteThese products contain codes that can be redeemed for a downloadable content pack for Mass Effect 3 multi-player. They are slightly randomized during the registration and could include powerful new weapons and new characters. The pack could also include character boosters, weapon modifications, and weapon upgrades to make your multi-player squad stronger. (Only supported on XBox360 and PC.)

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-accessories/series-2-action-figure-four-pack

This actually annoys me. The figures are what was the second series of figures in DC Direct's line. The first wave failed pretty spectacularly (I bought them anyway), but the fact that these are to be released alongside the game likely means that they'll be online exclusives. Once again, brick and mortar retailers get cut out of something that, due to the DLC, a lot of people are gonna want.

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: Mr. Domino on Jan 26, 2012, 08:31:05 PM
Quote from: Nightlord on Jan 24, 2012, 09:54:15 PM
http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/mass-effect-3-figures-include-exclusive-dlc/090188

And according to Biowares store
QuoteThese products contain codes that can be redeemed for a downloadable content pack for Mass Effect 3 multi-player. They are slightly randomized during the registration and could include powerful new weapons and new characters. The pack could also include character boosters, weapon modifications, and weapon upgrades to make your multi-player squad stronger. (Only supported on XBox360 and PC.)

http://biowarestore.com/mass-effect/mass-effect-accessories/series-2-action-figure-four-pack

This actually annoys me. The figures are what was the second series of figures in DC Direct's line. The first wave failed pretty spectacularly (I bought them anyway), but the fact that these are to be released alongside the game likely means that they'll be online exclusives. Once again, brick and mortar retailers get cut out of something that, due to the DLC, a lot of people are gonna want.
The dlc being a North American exclusive will likely turn a few potential buyers off getting these, so this second wave failing may not be too unexpected.

I wonder why Bioware took that dlc info off their site.

Prime113

Prime113

Thought this was a pretty cool movie style poster:

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 26, 2012, 11:43:13 PM
Thought this was a pretty cool movie style poster:

Must... resist... urge to post... picture of broken bicycle...

I can't say I like that poster at all. It doesn't convey any of the things that are unique about 'Mass Effect'.

Prime113

Prime113

I thought the giant ass reaper was pretty damn unique.

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 27, 2012, 12:15:10 AM
I thought the giant ass reaper was pretty damn unique.

Yeah, when you put it that way there's no denying it. But it's just such an incredibly boring image for me. Giant robot + ruined city + space marine. I found the poster for the first game to be far more visually stimulating.

Prime113

Prime113

I'm sorry, dude. You didn't deserve that dick-ish response.

And, this isn't an official poster. This is just something I found on Deviant art that tickled my fancy. Do you have a link to the image you are talking about?

The Golden Fox

The Golden Fox

Quote from: Prime113 on Jan 27, 2012, 12:58:16 AM
I'm sorry, dude. You didn't deserve that dick-ish response.

And, this isn't an official poster. This is just something I found on Deviant art that tickled my fancy. Do you have a link to the image you are talking about?

Don't worry about it, it wasn't dickish at all. Here it is.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but this poster screams 'space opera', whereas the one you posted has trouble detaching itself from games like 'Gears of War'. You get a sense of how many strange alien races there are in this game, you get a nice show of some fancy space ships, Shepard exhibits a sense of command, and all of it to the nice backdrop of space. I'm probably biased, though, because I enjoyed the first game so damn much.

Here's a close-up on the image:

Spoiler
[close]

Prime113

Prime113

Yeah, man, I agree. That is a very good poster. It does really capture everything about Mass Effect.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed