Assassin vs Predator: Dance of Killers

Started by Sabby, Nov 11, 2010, 01:53:22 PM

Author
Assassin vs Predator: Dance of Killers (Read 18,542 times)

predxeno

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 21, 2011, 04:35:59 PM
And to be honest I don't see anything that could go wrong with joining the universes in a crossover because it would be just like the Predators hunting in the old times (something I wanted to see for a while) I always wondered what our reaction to their presence would be back then lol.

Did you read any of the Predator omnibuses?  I think one of the comics reveals that one Predator is the infamous Jack the Ripper. :laugh:

Sabby

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 21, 2011, 04:35:59 PMI always wondered what our reaction to their presence would be back then lol.

Anything before the modern age would be the typical religious, folklore or generally fantastical association. It would actually make it difficult to research interactions in the past, since they'd be chronicles of demons or dragon men.

Not sure if I should work on No-Rest's demon status or not... besides anyone in the fight scenes, Venice is pretty much not involved in the story. The repercussions of No-Rest's actions, the fear and superstition among the populace, the public announcements, hell, WITNESSES, none of it has shown up... and I'm torn on whether or not I should involve Venice more. Someone's seeing at least some of this, no question, it's just a matter of tuning it out or not.

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 21, 2011, 05:40:55 PMDid you read any of the Predator omnibuses?  I think one of the comics reveals that one Predator is the infamous Jack the Ripper. :laugh:

Damn... haven't read that one yet. I have AvP Omnibus 1, and Terminator Omnibus 1 is next on my list. Just really tight on funds at the moment...

XixPrEdAtOrxiX

this story is brilliant I love the way people in this time react to a predator a demon, gods wrath when we all know the predator just wants a couple of heads in his trophy room, so I think you know by my reaction I'd love for you to work on no-rests demon status so he can laugh at announcements saying he's a demon. Can't wait for chapter 5.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 21, 2011, 05:40:55 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 21, 2011, 04:35:59 PM
And to be honest I don't see anything that could go wrong with joining the universes in a crossover because it would be just like the Predators hunting in the old times (something I wanted to see for a while) I always wondered what our reaction to their presence would be back then lol.

Did you read any of the Predator omnibuses?  I think one of the comics reveals that one Predator is the infamous Jack the Ripper. :laugh:

Oh yes I read some, I don't remember it revealing the Predator to be Jack the Ripper but I remember them being compared, the one I read was called "Spring Heeled Jack" a murderer who was rumoured to be able to jump really high (kind of fits Predators don't you think? they jump high as hell)  ;D

predxeno

Was that the one where the government hired some investigator to stop the murders?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: predxeno on Jan 22, 2011, 06:29:00 PM
Was that the one where the government hired some investigator to stop the murders?

I think so, it was set in london during victorian times I think it was a really good read but I must admit I had difficulty reading the narration because of it's handwriting.

I just checked it it's called Predator: Nemesis

Sabby

Chapter 5

Lidia woke with a start. The image of No-Rest faded from her memory, as it became just that, a memory... a second hand account of something. There was always a few seconds of sluggishness as Francesca's identity would ebb away, and she would no longer feel her fear or excitement as her own. It always left a shadow of itself, however, and was stronger each time... even though she had not stood before the creature personally, there was a dull shadow of that fear still in her.

Breathing slowly and closing her eyes again, she calmed herself. "Short session... guessing that's the thing your looking for then. Guys?" When silence was all that followed she opened her eyes and looked around. The hairs stood on the back of her neck as she sat up, cautiously peering around. All seemed still and right...

"Hey, come on, talk to me guys..." She swore under her breath, pushing off and landing on her feet, breath quickening slightly. Something wasn't right... and then she noticed that the observation window had grown dark. It was a black strip, about 15 feet above her, just below the roof. Taking a slow, cautious step, she peered into the cloudy glass.

"Hello? Stop f**king with me..." And then, the speaker rattled, a familiar male voice coming through. It sounded slightly off pitch. "Get onto the Animus Sergeant Dallas" She had relaxed for barely a heartbeat. "There a power problem or something guys?"

The same voice, the same line, repeated. It was eerie. Her hairs were already sticking up, but that might have well sent them skyward. Taking a slow backwards, she reached behind her to feel along the smooth surface of the service tray next to the Animus, looking for something, anything, to pick up...

"Sergeant Dallas..." The pitch fell to a menacing growl, and the busted light finally popped, the small eruption of sparks lighting up the inside of the observation room a few second, the glass smeared with crimson. A tall, broad shouldered silhouette stood out in the weakly flickering light, like a figure behind a wall of paper, lit by a flickering candle. As the light died in earnest, two yellow eyes flashed, and the room echoed with a series of clicks.

Before Lidia could act, a large, scaly green hand came through the glass, and the Predator shouldered through, dropping into a crouch. With lightning speed that something that big shouldn't have possessed, it came for her, almost the millisecond it had landed, like a charging bull.

Crying out, her movements a fusion of ingrained training and panic, eyes wide, she gripped the light metal cart and hurled it side arm. It simply bounced off of him. She might as well have been throwing it before a freight train. In the span of an inhaled breath it had it's fingers around her throat, shoving her back, bending backwards over the Animus. She tried to scream, but it's thick fingers had closed her throat so it could only take in the smallest, slowest of breaths.

Peering down at her was a mask of dark grey metal, flawless and new, the only marks on it two long streaks down one eye. The eyes at first looked like black glass, but she could see they were segmented, like a dragonfly's, complex and intricate. Tube like extensions that she couldn't describe fell down the shoulder of the arm that crushed her, so alike hair, yet she couldn't describe what exactly it was made of... like a fusion of rubber and metal fibres, gold coloured rings along each one at regular, neat intervals.

While it towered a full head over her, she gained the impression that it was young... it was certainly much smaller then No-Rest, and the thick arm that dominated her lower vision was also much leaner, even though it could have crushed her windpipe with a flex. It's armour was also as new as it's mask, at least what she could see of it, though her knee, which was pushed against it's chest, felt the familiar resistance of flesh and muscle. It's throat rattled and clicked, the sound low and ominous.

"Get onto the Animus"

Sabby

I've got some tough choices coming up, with how the story is faring... I have a much more solid idea of the over all story arch and twists and ending, but it's nearly impossible to include all of the main characters right up to the end.

predxeno

I have a question; in Chapter 3 where the Predator marks targets in yellow, is that what Wolf did to the Predalien in AVPR?

Sabby

I don't know. Was like tagging them to find them later. Kind of takes the challenge out of tracking, so it's time limited for his mission. Those kinds of abilities only ever come out when things get serious, like in Requiem.

Sabby

Story is almost finished. The final scene came to me in a very vivid dream. I would give a teaser, but it's just too awesome. Guna save it.

Fujimaster

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 02, 2011, 03:17:56 AM
Everyone, I am very sorry for the absence, I've had a lot happening here. I also live in Rockhampton, so if you've seen the news, you know I'm about to be partially under water.

I've had a lot of time to think, however, and Chapter 4 is definitely on it's way :)

WoW! I live on the Gold Coast so not far from the Brisbane floods, that flood was intense. Hope you were all ok.

Sabby

Quote from: Fujimaster on Jan 26, 2011, 12:44:29 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Jan 02, 2011, 03:17:56 AM
Everyone, I am very sorry for the absence, I've had a lot happening here. I also live in Rockhampton, so if you've seen the news, you know I'm about to be partially under water.

I've had a lot of time to think, however, and Chapter 4 is definitely on it's way :)

WoW! I live on the Gold Coast so not far from the Brisbane floods, that flood was intense. Hope you were all ok.

Oh, I haven't seen a drop of water here. Was lucky.

In related news, script has undergone some changes. I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I needed to pad out some time. Didn't want two large fights back to back.

Sabby

...why am I even trying? I work so hard on a crossover that at least makes a little sense, it get's nothing on Fan Fic.net... but then some shitty AvP/Eragon Crossover comes along and it's all "DUUUDE! U ROCK! MAEK MOAR PLZ?!?!"

Uhg x.x

predxeno

Don't pay attention to that, I actually like your story.  Eragon and AVP?  Now I don't want to make judgments before I've even read the story, but I'm a little bit hesitant on thinking that it may work out well.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed