Predators Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2010, 02:16:56 PM

Author
Predators Fan Reviews (Read 183,253 times)

Master

Master

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Jan 09, 2011, 05:16:36 AM
The more I watch the movie the more I enjoy it. I agree with Corporal Hicks, the only thing that I didn't like was the number of Preds. One would have been sufficient. But still I enjoy it the more I watch it. Cant wait to see whats in store for the next installment. 

I don`t agree. It was medicore film and medicore Predator experience. Still it`s step in right direction after AvP-r (I don`t want to imagine what would be step in bad direction after that turd) but not aboe the level of AvP and no where near P1/P2. It mostly borows ideas from P1 (jungle, team + one met in jungle) and AvP (three predators, isolated hunting area, gigant wristblades, team-up), while not giving to much on it`s own. It`s a step back compared to P2 as I expanded mythos much less then firs sequel. I admit I enjoyed it more on second watching but only because I was aware what I`ll get had first dissapointment behind me. I hope they`ll try harder on Ps2.

AncientPred

The Predator movies really are there own type of movie. Nothing really compares to them, you could draw some superficial connections here or there but, they're unique. The thing I always think about when I hear criticism of PREDATORS is what if PREDATOR was released now instead of in the 80's. How would it be recieved? I suspect people would be quite harsh in their views. PREDATORS has several issues, many in the script, a few in the direction. But its still in the unique tradition of the first two movies.

maestro

maestro

Quote from: Hybrid PM on Jan 09, 2011, 05:16:36 AM
The more I watch the movie the more I enjoy it..
yeah  i agree wit that, i loved the movie, and i think it was great that they didnt have that much new equipment and weapons, it would just be to much, but everything was great, FX, the actors, story, characters. i am glad this series is still holding strong, being awesome!

Vecrotus

Vecrotus

The only problem I had with this movie was the choppy editing. It goes from an extreme close-up to a wide shot a lot, and sometimes it takes you out of the action. Otherwise its a good Predator movie.

AncientPred

PREDATORS and TheExpendables are two movies that seem to be more enjoyable with each viewing.

walker31

walker31

Just finished watching Predators again for about the 7th time....still cant say its even as good as Predator 2.  I cant stand the dialogue which sounds like a high schooler wrote it.  I really wish it had a better intro;  the one in the script was a lot more fitting I thought.  Hated the Predator costumes, especially the Hanzo fight, I thought it magnified the "actor in a rubber suit" look.  Still didnt like the Predator vs. Predator fight.  ANd, I noticed that the Classic never closed his mouth the entire time!! He barely moved it once, and that made it look even more fake!  Its so aggrevating that they could have done so much better.  I feel like RR was just so excited that he got the greenlight to make a Predator movie, an iconic movie from his childhood, that he didnt care that he had all these problems just as long as he got to brag about his resume now!!

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

Being a massive Predators fan, ive only seen this movie about 4 times, not because I disliked it in anyway, just purely haven't got around to fitting more viewings in. My latest viewing was last night, and i really think its a well done sequel to the other movies. OK, it didn't bring all that much new to the franchise, with references to previous movies, but I found it very enjoyable. I found it to be a very nice film to look at, artistically, theres some stunning shots in the movie, its probably the most arty B Movie I've ever watched, aw apart from Alien of cource. For example there's 3 shots that stick out in my mind atm, the beginning scene which is a brief shot of Royce falling between the sky and land, the sword fight with Hanzo was very beautifully shot and a lil shot of Royce standing by the ship as it prepares to take off.... there's loads others, I just thought this movie had some very stunning to look.

Gunflyer

Gunflyer

I thought it was pretty damn good. Adrian Brody, for how scrawny he seems turned out to be one hell of a bad-ass.

tshockey

tshockey

I felt that the movie was an 8/10. Why? Because its the closest Predator sequel that actually feels like a Predator sequel.
And recently I've heard some critics complain about how the characters don't relate well with each other. All I have to say is, thats the point. They're not supposed to be comfortable with each other, they're serial Killers and murderers of course they're not gonna get along. Otherwise good movie!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

But they have to work together to fight off a rabid group of alien hunters. If they can't accomplish that, then what's the point of putting them together?

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Maybe the predators hoped that the humans would try to kill each other, and that the survivor would be enough of a badass to be considered worthy of battle.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I guess. Too bad the surviving human won't last very long against three Bad Bloods.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I re-watched 'Predators' on blu-ray yesterday and I still like it a lot. My only real complaint remains that I wish more of the characters got named on-screen. Frankly I think a end-movie pre-credits roll call (like in 'Predator') would have done the movie a lot of good AND would have been a fun callback to the end of the original movie. I'm kind of surprised they didn't do it.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 23, 2012, 02:28:06 AM
I re-watched 'Predators' on blu-ray yesterday and I still like it a lot. My only real complaint remains that I wish more of the characters got named on-screen. Frankly I think a end-movie pre-credits roll call (like in 'Predator') would have done the movie a lot of good AND would have been a fun callback to the end of the original movie. I'm kind of surprised they didn't do it.

I agree.  Especially with "Long Tall Sally" playing over the credits.

Indrid G. Cold

Indrid G. Cold

I felt it'd be worth it to share this with people here; I don't pick up DVDs often, but just picked up Predators recently.  Well, before going over a brief review, I'd like to go over the experience with the 'Predator 3 ideas' thread that was on this forum a few years ago.  I remember posting in that thread around early summer 2008, my 'suggestions thrown into the thread suggestion box', so to speak:

1) I said that the setting should be a 'game preserves' site; (I said along the African planes, not a foreign planet, but I remember using that phrase.)  2) I also, along with other people posting in that thread, suggested the comic mini-series Bad Blood be inspiration for the movie; with predator against predator conflict.  And that one predator character should be psychotic or crazy like the rogue in the mini-series.  3) I remember trying to be a little bit of a comedian and saying that, since Schwarzenegger's character was a white guy and Glover's character was a black guy, that the main character should be an Asian guy.  I was trying to be funny, but was also making what I thought to be a good suggestion, thinking of someone like Tony Jaa...

And what happens a couple years later...?  Predators is released, and the main setting is a 'game preserves'; there is predator against predator conflict, one of the predator character's nickname is 'Berserker'; and one of the central characters is a Japanese dude wielding a samurai sword.  Well, the only thing I have to say is that it is just bizarre and stunning.  (I'm not suggesting that the production or writing people pulled ideas from online forums, just stating the facts.  My suggestions were hardly original ideas, anyways, more so ideas pulled from the comic books I grew up with.)

The Positive: So, reviewing things, I'd have to give the film a little bit of a high rating, around 7-point-something or 8 over 10.  I think the setting, storyline, premise were great, very fitting.  The predator designs, the gadget designs, were well-done by the artists.  Loved the fact that there were brief glimpses of other species on the planet.  I think the characters were what they needed to be, very fitting.  The terror and action factor, and the way things tied up at the ending I thought were great, and a few like Fishburne's about commandeering the alien spacecraft were wonderful one-liners.

The Negative: My gripes are the same as I've seen with other peoples'.  I think the setting could've had more alien-looking flora.  Some dialogue was pretty bad, Fishburne's character presence was really choppy and too short.  Some action sequences like the Asian dude against the monster, and the monster ripping the convict's spine out, were a little sloppy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed