Predators Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2010, 02:16:56 PM

Author
Predators Fan Reviews (Read 182,455 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Requiem28 on Jan 23, 2012, 03:02:03 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 23, 2012, 02:28:06 AM
I re-watched 'Predators' on blu-ray yesterday and I still like it a lot. My only real complaint remains that I wish more of the characters got named on-screen. Frankly I think a end-movie pre-credits roll call (like in 'Predator') would have done the movie a lot of good AND would have been a fun callback to the end of the original movie. I'm kind of surprised they didn't do it.

I agree.  Especially with "Long Tall Sally" playing over the credits.

That would made it worse, for me anyway. It wasn't enough they built the whole movie on referencing the first film, now they have to rip off the credits sequence? Ugh.

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

Today, I watched Predators for the first time since I saw it at the cinemas. Now, I managed to gather some enjoyment out of the AVP films, even Requiem, but by God did Predators piss me off. I loved the first two films, but this third one was just lousy. The one-dimensional characters, the paper-thin plot and the inane dialogue had me rolling my eyes and quickly losing interest (at one point I had to go to the bathroom, so instead of pausing the film I just left it running. I didn't miss much when I came back a few minutes later. I rarely do that when I watch a movie, I almost always pause the film. That's how much I hated Predators). It was perhaps a mistake watching it straight after watching the far more entertaining Predator 2 (a movie that I did pause when I went out into the kitchen to get a drink). Robert Rodriguez should stay well away from this franchise.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Quote from: QuantumSheep on Feb 18, 2012, 07:47:15 AM
Today, I watched Predators for the first time since I saw it at the cinemas. Now, I managed to gather some enjoyment out of the AVP films, even Requiem, but by God did Predators piss me off. I loved the first two films, but this third one was just lousy. The one-dimensional characters, the paper-thin plot and the inane dialogue had me rolling my eyes and quickly losing interest (at one point I had to go to the bathroom, so instead of pausing the film I just left it running. I didn't miss much when I came back a few minutes later. I rarely do that when I watch a movie, I almost always pause the film. That's how much I hated Predators). It was perhaps a mistake watching it straight after watching the far more entertaining Predator 2 (a movie that I did pause when I went out into the kitchen to get a drink). Robert Rodriguez should stay well away from this franchise.

Ouch.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Predators was about on the same level as Predator 2: silly, entertaining sci-fi/action fun. It's not a great movie, or even a particularly good one, but it's solid. A 6/10. Still lightyears beyond the hideous AVP movies, and Adrian Brody is downright dreamy in it. Too bad the Predators looked like oversized bobblehead versions of themselves, though. All the concessionary fan boy nods (OMG samurai vs. predator!!1!) were at least competently handled and weren't too annoying.

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 26, 2012, 12:19:30 AM
Predators was about on the same level as Predator 2: silly, entertaining sci-fi/action fun. It's not a great movie, or even a particularly good one, but it's solid. A 6/10. Still lightyears beyond the hideous AVP movies, and Adrian Brody is downright dreamy in it. Too bad the Predators looked like oversized bobblehead versions of themselves, though. All the concessionary fan boy nods (OMG samurai vs. predator!!1!) were at least competently handled and weren't too annoying.
I think I feel the same. The Predator heads were out of proportion. Yes, Brody was dreamy. I'm fine admitting that. I like the guy. I like that he did a movie that seems out of his comfort zone. The Predators never feel like a consistent threat, which is a problem.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Predator 2 was infinitely more entertaining than Predators. Granted it's all in relative terms, but it was still a more fun movie.

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

Hell, I'd give Predator and Predator 2 both 9/10. Predators? 2/10.

Requiem28

Requiem28

Come on.  Give Predators atleast a 7/10

QuantumSheep

QuantumSheep

Quote from: Requiem28 on Feb 27, 2012, 04:36:35 AM
Come on.  Give Predators atleast a 7/10

That would require actually liking the film to a degree. I didn't. It was a 6/10 after I saw it at the cinemas but when I watched it again recently it was even worse.

It was like I had an epiphany in regards to the actual quality of the film.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I give Predators a 4/10. It doesn't deserve higher than that. At least the special effects were good. Good choice of cast but their talents were horribly wasted.

Shaeffer11

Shaeffer11

I gave it a 7/10, anytime (no pun intended) we get to see this world on the big screen is a plus in my book.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I haven't seen Predators since the theater back in 2010, but when I saw it, I really did enjoy it. Enough to give it a 7.10, I think. Certainly not as good as the first one, but not a bad movie at all. I don't remember much about the second one to compare them.

Requiem28

Requiem28

There were three problems I had with Predators.

Not a big enough budget.

Too much unecessary swearing.

No classic Predator roar.

Topazora

Topazora

To be frank, Predators makes a good background noise.  The BSPs didn't capture the imagination the way the first two predators did.  I was also kinda disappointed that Isabella didn't have many combative roles, I know she's a sniper, but I would've liked to have seen her take down a predator herself.  I have other nitpicks with the movie, but they're pretty easy to look over.  Though, I have to say, every time I watch the movie, its like I'm watching for the first b/c nothing in the movie is memorable.

boostedlsj

boostedlsj

I watch it about twice a month. I love it! It has its flaws of course but overall.......its my favorite Predator movie.

One thing I just can not understand is the lack of the original Predator Roar. (Only the most bad ass roar is movie history IMO)

I mean when Beserker and the Classic first see each other and Beserker lets out his insane roar then the camera goes to Classic and he just kind of snarls like "f**k I'm tired......"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed