Predators Fan Reviews

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 06, 2010, 02:16:56 PM

Author
Predators Fan Reviews (Read 180,917 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 04, 2013, 02:00:46 AM
It did connect; they made direct mention of events from the first film.

I can't really remember how easy it is to root for Royce, though. Haven't seen the film since 2010.

Royce fits in a kind of ruthless pragmatist role. I liked him, personally.

Honestly, I liked the film a lot better than I thought I would. The hound stuff, I don't care for, but it's a personal taste thing. Plenty of fans bought the old toys and games which had Predators hoisting about massive missile launchers and things - same kind of principle. At least the hounds are a recognisable hunting technique (although, personally, they look too Earth-like; should have been designed differently).

It's entertaining enough. I could tell the characters apart and they had glimpses of back-story intrigue. Did the job, really.

There was something a bit off about the suit work, though. It didn't have the same sense of realism as when the creature featured in the original two films. 'Predator 2' isn't as fun to watch or as well-structured (and some of the acting is hilariously bad), but the actual scenes where the creature was on camera were always very well done. Here, it's the opposite: Creature work isn't as good, while the rest of it the film is functional.

Needed a better realisation of the actual Predators, but as a film, it felt better than the second was. Just not nearly in the same league as the first. Creature-wise, not as good.

Noland was an interesting idea, but... Didn't work.

blood.

blood.

The action sequences were poorly executed. The samurai fight was unconvincing and the predator looked disgustingly clumsy and weak. The battle with the hounds was underwhelming. (except the decapitation part). The surgeon's twist where he turns out to be a murdering backstabbing fruitcake that thinks he can side with the predators is completely pointless. "superpredators" was a bad idea. Bad bloods are much better classification. There's nothing "super" about these amateurs. Morpheus did nothing but kill any tension by being a complete nutter, same as the convict, but at least he sort of fit in and didn't feel like an afterthought. The scenery didn't feel very predatorish at all, until the sky started becoming transparent, but that only lasts for one scene?

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Here's a good review on Predators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtTDZeUa2Uc

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed