Arnold Cameo in PREDATORS 2?

Started by Requiem28, Jul 02, 2010, 04:25:35 PM

Author
Arnold Cameo in PREDATORS 2? (Read 6,788 times)

Requiem28

Requiem28

We know it's premature to be discussing anything about Predators 2 but with next weekend's release tracking well and previous quotes about possibly bringing Arnold's Dutch character back from the original, you Maniacs might be interested to hear that Robert Rodriguez hasn't closed the door on the subject. While at the junket for this latest installment, the guys over at Collider sat down with director Nimrod Antal and producer Rodriguez and brought the question up once again.

Collider: I had heard that there might be a chance that you would ask Arnold to do a cameo as Dutch at the end of the movie. Did that get anywhere? Did you ever approach him? Did you consider writing a scene like that?

Rodriguez: Early on, since I had worked with Arnold on the original script back in the day and I had spoken with him about it, that was one of the questions I had myself. The world had changed since the last time I worked on this which was '95. In my script he was the entire film and now he was Governor so I was like "I know we can't get him for the lead and I don't even think we can get him for a cameo." We did entertain the idea of where could we place him but as we started putting the script together it really felt like we were making our own film and we thought lets not even bother with him showing up and doing something in it. We had such an erratic schedule, we never would have been able to pinpoint like you would need to with somebody in his position. So it was gonna be sort of a non-starter so we thought let's just make a really great movie and if it's received well and people want a sequel maybe in the sequel we can maybe ask him for a cameo.

http://www.mania.com/arnold-cameo-predators-2_article_123760.html

Dark Jester

Dark Jester

Its possible that they could bring him back in the sequel comic to Predators.

I would like to believe that Noland was not the only survivor hiding on the planet. Its a planet after all, so its not out of the realms of possibility that there are other survivors.

Also, those who read the comics..

Spoiler
Dont you think Noland sneaked up and killed the Predator a bit too easy!!
[close]

Asian Assassin

i can see that because in the Predator comics dutch is missing and his brother tries to find out what happen so the predators taking dutch can work out well

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

They need to leave Arnold alone.

Nuff said.

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jul 03, 2010, 03:14:26 AM
They need to leave Arnold alone.

Nuff said.

-Rakai'Thwei

Yep, yep, yep.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 03, 2010, 03:15:05 AM
Yep, yep, yep.

The man is sixty three or so years old, by the time a sequel is done, or a prequel, he'd be sixty five or sixty six years old.

Yes, I am not going to lie, it has been EVERY fan's dream to see Arnold in a Predator sequel, we've wanted to see him in Predator 2 but instead got Danny Glover, who in my mind, was just as good, if not better than Arnold, and we almost got him in AvP, but didn't on the fact that he won the government election in 2004.

Seriously, these guys need to leave Arnold alone.

-Rakai'Thwei

walker31

walker31

I halfway agree with you guys.  I have been an Arnold fan since i was 5, and would love to see him again.  I agree age is an issue, but as i have also read the comics, i want to know what happened to Dutch.  If it could be done with honor.  Such as Stallone has done with Rambo and Rocky.  If Arnold could get in somewhat decent shape, it could be done.  If not with honor, then walk away!

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: walker31 on Jul 03, 2010, 03:27:46 AM
I halfway agree with you guys.  I have been an Arnold fan since i was 5, and would love to see him again.  I agree age is an issue, but as i have also read the comics, i want to know what happened to Dutch.  If it could be done with honor.  Such as Stallone has done with Rambo and Rocky.  If Arnold could get in somewhat decent shape, it could be done.  If not with honor, then walk away!

I like Stallone, and it's very hard to argue that point-- if Stallone did it, then Arnold can.

However, Stallone came back with things quite realistically.

He played Rocky as this lonely, depressed, heart broken shell of a man whom he used to be, only to rise up and fight back to prove that he still was the boxer everyone remembers him as in ROCKY BALBOA. Not to mention he was inspired by Foreman's brief return to boxing in order to do this movie.

As for Rambo, he did it realistically, instead of like the last three movies-- he had younger soldiers helping him out, instead of him taking on an entire army, and Stallone even said that Rambo was getting old too, to the point where Rambo might not be able to do it anymore.

But Arnold... for what? A two to five minute cameo?

Well.... he did do it for Expendables...

....Shit..

-Rakai'Thwei

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

I would only accept an Arnie cameo if they did it like this, "give his character a mention, nothing more."

Or

"guy is being briefed on some bullshit, someone pulls out a file on Dutch, there's a pic of Dutch just as he looked like in the 80s."

I'd go with either of those.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 03, 2010, 03:37:16 AM
I would only accept an Arnie cameo if they did it like this, "give his character a mention, nothing more."

Or

"guy is being briefed on some bullshit, someone pulls out a file on Dutch, there's a pic of Dutch just as he looked like in the 80s."

I concur.

Mostly on the latter though.

-Rakai'Thwei

walker31

walker31

first of all, do you guys realize that fishburne is about 50 himself?!  Second, if Arnold could do it, and look respectable, im just saying i think it could be worth it.  Just my opinion, I have a soft spot for the Austrian Oak.  I would like to see the old major give em hell one more time!

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

My younger self would want to see Dutch once more, but I just can't say that it would be something I would like.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 03, 2010, 03:52:22 AM
My younger self would want to see Dutch once more, but I just can't say that it would be something I would like.

Same thing here... I mean when I first saw Predator 2 when I was six, I didn't think that the movie was good cause it didn't have Arnold. Give me a break, I was freakin' six when I saw Predator 2. But overtime when I got into the comics, novels, games and everything, I appreciated Predator 2 for what it was-- an excellent sequel that didn't need Arnold in order to work. And work it did.

I don't get this whole "It's gotta have Arnold!" attitude which has been circulating for years. I mean yes, he was the 80s muscle bound bastard that had to fight the Predator, and yes, it worked.

But you don't need Arnold to have a good Predator film, and Predator 2, is an example of that.

I mean, sure, it would be awesome to see Dutch again, but I personally would like to think that Dutch is locked away in a cell by the government, rotting away with radiation poisoning, and a traumatized psyche.  :)

-Rakai'Thwei

HannibalKing

HannibalKing

If Harrison Ford can play Indiana Jones at 70 (yes, they're making IJ5 and he'll be about 70 when it comes out), Arnold can cameo as Dutch.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: ShadowPred on Jul 03, 2010, 03:37:16 AM

Or

I like that second idea a lot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed