The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jun 26, 2010, 06:01:54 PM

Author
The AvPGalaxy Quotes Thread (Read 357,749 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

He said something about making love to a turkey, I think.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Ash 937 on Jun 05, 2012, 04:23:40 AM
AvP and AvP:R were both approved by FOX to be made.  The stories were written to fit into the mythology of both the respected franchises.  That makes them as much canon as Prometheus and A:CM.  I've accepted that based on the logic used to defend A:CM as canon in this thread.  Thanatos Encounter for the Game Boy Color was also sourced out of FOX...that's another original storyline that fits into the canon.  Aliens: Infestation is another example of this so it's also canon. 

This isn't too hard to accept. 

I especially like the fact that Ridley Scott has tipped his hat to the Game Boy Color game through his reference to Greek mythology in the title vessel's name.  Thanatos was the daemon that personified death in Greek mythology and Prometheus was a famous titan in Greek mythology.  Much like how we name our spaceships after famous astronomers and our planets after major Greco-Roman deities, so do people name their space vessel's after minor deities in the Alien universe.

I should get a Game Boy Color and used copy of Thanatos Encounter to brush up on just how vast the Alien universe canon is.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 05, 2012, 06:39:28 PM
Scientologists shouldn't see Prometheus.

Cinema halls would all-of-a-sudden have a whole new paintjob.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: St_Eddie on Jun 05, 2012, 03:50:54 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 05, 2012, 04:33:28 AM
That's what I'm looking forward to most; I'm going to go insane comparing notes on those things.

Space Sweeper, the appalling grammar withing your signature makes me weep!

It should read as "Wishes cannot always come true", not "Wish is cannot always come true"!

Quote from: Bad Replicant on Jun 06, 2012, 03:08:13 AM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Jun 06, 2012, 12:21:19 AM
It was made abundantly clear by both Spaihts and Lindelof over many interviews that Scott was the driving force behind the story and script and its development.

I had no idea until this moment that anyone here actually realized this was the case.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: mastermoon on Jun 07, 2012, 12:56:12 AM
Just ignore my posts of the cry baby picture I was just being sarcastic, sorry if that made many of you feel angry inside. Anyone has opinions and thats a good thing.

Note: As I said before I'm not gonna repeat posts over and over.

Crack the code.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

That last line just about kills me every time I reread it.

"As I said before" "Not gonna repeat"

DAhhahahahaha. It hurts.  :D MY BWAINNN!!!

Prime113

Prime113

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 07, 2012, 07:04:54 AM
I Brometheus out a lot, bro.  When in doubt, just assume that I'm Brometheusing. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 07, 2012, 04:29:45 AM
That last line just about kills me every time I reread it.

"As I said before" "Not gonna repeat"

DAhhahahahaha. It hurts.  :D MY BWAINNN!!!
Oh shit I'm f**king crying :laugh:
Bahahaha, bahahaha

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: morka on Jun 07, 2012, 05:32:49 PMPrometheus is 100% plot hole free. I can gladly explain ANYTHING to anyone. Just ask :)
Spoiler
QuoteJust ask :)
[close]

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

This man represents the majority of the Prometheus forum section:

Quote from: AsapJockey on Jun 08, 2012, 11:22:27 PM
8. SEX, we didnt need it. (In the movie, but in Real life FUK YEAH)

9.Just bad mang, just very bad.

10. Nothing explained

As you can see: f**king moron.

Cvalda

Cvalda

It should be helpful to note that most of the people who really loved it also come across like f**king morons in there.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Basically, the section is full of people that don't know what the f**k they're talking about either way; overly emotional and shit in their pants, they can barely form a sentence without either going on some absurd quest to excitedly tie everything to Alien or blaming it all on Lindelof. What I'm trying to say is that its pre-school in there. Hopefully we can maintain a basic level of intelligence here. Which is very ironic, I know, considering its the Rec Board, or as I like to call it, Thelastshredofthissiteshumanity Board.

Cvalda

Cvalda

;D You don't lump me in with all'a them, do you?

First Blood

First Blood

Someone is comparing it to Shutter Island and it's not making any f**king sense.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Cvalda on Jun 09, 2012, 12:02:02 AM
;D You don't lump me in with all'a them, do you?
Nope. Recboardian.

Quote from: First Blood on Jun 09, 2012, 12:02:29 AM
Someone is comparing it to Shutter Island and it's not making any f**king sense.
Kill me now, FB. Kill me now.

You needn't worry; the second is--

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed