boxoffice.com predicts Predators opening and cumalitive gross. prepare to LOL

Started by m138jewski, Jun 22, 2010, 01:45:24 AM

Author
boxoffice.com predicts Predators opening and cumalitive gross. prepare to LOL (Read 27,824 times)

viktorkain

Raging Dragon youre so right its not even funny. I have been FORCED to see eclipse 3 damn times by my significant other now her ass must pay were going to see predators at LEAST 4 times by monday I must purge the naked shirtless teenage boys from my memory with Death and Badassery.

Bishop2

Based on those infamous, nebulous "audience awareness polls" that Entertainment Weekly and similar publications like to cite, it does seem as though Predators may underperform.

Is that a bad thing?

For me personally, I hope it's a good movie, but I also don't want it to be a hit. Why? Because of Rodriguez's statements about his intentions to do a sequel. The man has openly stated that the Predator belongs in the jungle, and anything else is a misstep. Now, I find that so closed-minded and short-sighted that I really don't want THAT to become the direction this franchise takes.

Of course, I don't want it to tank completely either. I want there to still BE a franchise.

I'm of two minds on the subject, clearly. At the end of the day, though, I just want a good movie; finances be damned.

RagingDragon

Quote from: viktorkain on Jul 07, 2010, 07:35:53 PM
Raging Dragon youre so right its not even funny. I have been FORCED to see eclipse 3 damn times by my significant other now her ass must pay were going to see predators at LEAST 4 times by monday I must purge the naked shirtless teenage boys from my memory with Death and Badassery.

Make her pay.

Celtic-predator

I cry for you, I really do.

That movie was the second worst movie I've ever seen. All of the characters acted like weird retard people with no depth at all. You know you have problems when your antagonist is far more interesting than your main characters.

forced eh? i hope she was paying for your tickets. i would have been like "i'll keep you company, but there's no way i'm going to pay someone to destroy my sanity, 3 times!"

Bishop2

Quote from: Celtic-predator on Jul 08, 2010, 07:15:17 AM

That movie was the second worst movie I've ever seen. All of the characters acted like weird retard people with no depth at all. You know you have problems when your antagonist is far more interesting than your main characters.

I'm assuming New Moon is the worst movie you've ever seen, because I gotta give Eclipse points for being more entertaining than that boring crap-pile.  :-\

Quote from: Bishop2 on Jul 08, 2010, 01:08:24 PM
Quote from: Celtic-predator on Jul 08, 2010, 07:15:17 AM

I'm assuming New Moon is the worst movie you've ever seen, because I gotta give Eclipse points for being more entertaining than that boring crap-pile.  :-\

i actually prefered NM to Twilight. although i think i was on this site when my girlfriend was watching it so i may have been enjoying it here, and rembered that as if i was enjoying the movie. not sure.

skull-splitter

I'd have brought a book by the second viewing...

Spoon

topic turning homosexual.   Please stick to predatotrs.

Spidey3121

Box Office Guru predicts an opening of 26 million.

Box Office Prophets also predicted an opening in the range of 25-30 million.

PS: New Moon is one of the worst movies of all time.

Predator X

So when do the numbers come out?

Fleshtrap666

Fleshtrap666

You most likely won't see any official box office numbers til Monday "After the opening weekend" but there's plenty of times when that's not the case so just keep your eyes open.

Considering the movies fan base, the hype,and the for the most part good word of mouth I predict it hitting anywhere between 60-100 million. I'll be surprised if it hits 100 million, but it is a possibility. Seeing as it is the only new action movie in the theaters right now, all it has to truly compete with is Twilight and Despicable Me.

ReViliTy

20-40 million sounds right.  Despicable me will be number 1.  Twilight 2, and predators 3 or 4.  Next week inception is going to take over and knock a good chunk of change from everyone.  Unless they add another 1000 theaters to predators, and ramp up a late marketing campaign, I don't see it going any other way.  They will push the DVD release much harder than for the theaters.

I think fox purposely didn't push this film hard.  Its more like a test than anything else to see if RR could pull this off, which he did.  It will be profitable after its theater run, and do very well on DVD.  This will help RR very much for better funded sequel.

m138jewski

Quote from: ReViliTy on Jul 10, 2010, 07:04:26 PM
20-40 million sounds right.  Despicable me will be number 1.  Twilight 2, and predators 3 or 4.  Next week inception is going to take over and knock a good chunk of change from everyone.  Unless they add another 1000 theaters to predators, and ramp up a late marketing campaign, I don't see it going any other way.  They will push the DVD release much harder than for the theaters.

I think fox purposely didn't push this film hard.  Its more like a test than anything else to see if RR could pull this off, which he did.  It will be profitable after its theater run, and do very well on DVD.  This will help RR very much for better funded sequel.

Gotta agree with you there

Raptor

Quote from: Spoon on Jul 08, 2010, 02:30:26 PM
topic turning homosexual.   Please stick to predatotrs.

hahahahahah awesome!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed