boxoffice.com predicts Predators opening and cumalitive gross. prepare to LOL

Started by m138jewski, Jun 22, 2010, 01:45:24 AM

Author
boxoffice.com predicts Predators opening and cumalitive gross. prepare to LOL (Read 27,319 times)

m138jewski

opening            total
Predators    Jul 9, 2010    Fox     $20,000,000    $43,000,000

get out the torches and pitchforks boys and girls!

http://www.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2010-06-long-range-forecast-3

Aeus

m138jewski

First Blood

Quote from: m138jewski on Jun 22, 2010, 01:45:24 AM
                                                    opening            total
Predators    Jul 9, 2010    Fox     $20,000,000    $43,000,000

get out the torches and pitchforks boys and girls!

http://www.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2010-06-long-range-forecast-3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z543bcpuxDA

Johnny Handsome

Don't laugh at those numbers just yet guys, somehow i have the feeling we're in for a bad surprise box office wise, regardless if the movie is good or not.

Aeus

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jun 22, 2010, 01:52:21 AM
Don't laugh at those numbers just yet guys, somehow i have the feeling we're in for a bad surprise box office wise, regardless if the movie is good or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVXR0AKyxA4

Pinkman

well if it's a flop, then be it, the movie is made now. Yeah, I know, for a potential sequel blablabla... not really my problem if the movie is good.

Reaper Pred

echobbase79

Even if that is the final total it would have made it's budget back. I think that's how much it cost to make.

Plus, this film will do good overseas as well. The AvP films did a ton of business in the foreign markets. That's where Requiem made most of its money at.

But again, only time will tell.

m138jewski

m138jewski

man, there is nooooooooooooo way this movie's total tally is gonna be 40 mil, it will make close or more than that opening weekend. Every predator fanboy on earth is waiting for this, not to mention years of a built up fanbase from Predator 1 and 2 getting repeated tv airplay over the years, and the dreaded AVP fans, which sadly are a large group as well. and if this is as good as it looks, word of mouth will blow it up more. and the international take will be big too, foreigners love american monster movies

Serra

Actual figures:
AvP  Opening  Week (August) 38 M  (Total Domestic 80 , Total Foreign 92)
AvPR Opening Week (December) 10 M (Total Domestic 41, Total Foreign 87)

If they say 20 M on opening Total Domestic will reach at least 60 M, Plus 100 Foreing.

That's  a 100% chance for a sequel.

SiL

If it's total domestic then it's entirely reasonable.

bleau

Quote from: SiL on Jun 22, 2010, 07:01:19 AM
If it's total domestic then it's entirely reasonable.

I was going to say 40 mil on the low side domestic. If it turns out to be really good it could pull more for sure.

SiL

It's an R-rated action sci-fi horror movie. Even if it's good, I really don't see it making huge money. And the advertising's hardly been huge -- No-one I know had heard of it until I told them about it.

bleau

Quote from: SiL on Jun 22, 2010, 07:10:58 AM
It's an R-rated action sci-fi horror movie. Even if it's good, I really don't see it making huge money. And the advertising's hardly been huge -- No-one I know had heard of it until I told them about it.

True, but the advertising is just starting to kick in. Some RR fans may see it also since his name is being attached to all the TV spots. Summertime also helps, AVP-r came out on what Christmas day, how retarded is that. Good actors, I mean Machete, Brody, Fishborn, the others are well known also. Inception comes out a week after other than that I don't see a lot of competition. Twilight comes out 2 weeks before Predators and that should slow down by July 9. I am sure a minimum of 40 mil with the possibility of 60 mil max.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed